shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone ever use ASAP Tickets for airfare?

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Found this when searching for airline tickets for my honeymoon later this year; they are significantly cheaper than Expedia, Travelocity, etc. But, I haven't heard of them before...

A+ BBB rating, in buisness since 2004, liscenced buisiness with CA Attorney General; planning on purchasing with a credit card, so I will have some measure of protection, but don't want to get to the airport in September only to find out the tickets aren't legit or something.

Anyone ever booked with them?

http://www.asaptickets.com

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm never heard if them.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Amys Bling|1331415735|3145775 said:
Hmm never heard if them.

Yes, this worries me. But I also hate the idea of spending $200-$600 more per ticket if I don't have to.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
kama_s|1331437597|3146042 said:
If you do a quick google search, you'll see tons of negative feedback. Here you go: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budget-travel/479714-asaptickets-com-9.html

In general, if someone if offering you a significant discount, you have to wonder why. Nothing comes free in the world we live in.

Yea, I found a lot of that last night. I have a call into a travel agent, we'll see what come back, but the more I read the more I am feeling like $200 isn't that much more to spend to get the tickets through Expedia or something and have total peace of mind.

carliedonaldabs

Rough_Rock
I used it three years ago, but I didn't get it this time, I have got this time FlyABS com. Let's see how Fly ABS service, even though I have heard about it nice comments.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I am a part-time travel agent. Your best bet is almost always to book directly through the airline's site. Prices are rarely discounted on other sites (or, more often, they appear discounted but have extra fees and such). More importantly, if something goes wrong with your flights, it's usually a giant ordeal to deal with sites like Expedia or whatever. In the old days, airlines did pay commission, and website/agents could cut their commission in order to lower the total price the customer was paying. Airlines now pay zero commission, which means there isn't anything to cut from the price. Most agents will tell you they hate booking air (or flat out won't do it) because 1) airlines are a PITA, and 2) there's no money in it. I will only book air for a client if they are booking a whole trip.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son will need a ticket this summer from Vietnam to Lihue, HI. I was really interested in getting a lower fare since it is so expensive. Asap was just $50 less, so for me it's not worth it.

That's a great tip AMC about booking with the airline. I usually use expedia and probably still will to pick the flight. I recently booked a flight to LIHUE through them but had to call the airline anyway. Expedia wouldn't let me pick my seats and when they assigned them I was in the back of the plane (last two rows). I had to call the airline anyway to change the seat assignments and I could have saved myself the trouble had I just done that to begin with.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results