shape
carat
color
clarity

Pulling Pearls From Strand For Earrings?

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I got one of the baroque blue akoya strands from PP from the April sale and asked for it to be shortened to 16" from 18"; but, I am thinking of asking them to use the those extra pearls for earrings (if they are not already strung) I looked at their findings and don't see any that have pins to accommodate fully drilled pearls; but, I know I have seen other people on here say they have been able to do this with this vendor. Can anybody offer me any advice or guidance for how this works or what kind of findings they might be able to do this with? Is it crazy expensive to have this done? I know I can call them on Monday when they open; but, I am hoping to get an idea of if this will work for me before then.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I had earrings recently made by pulling out 2 pearls, and it was just the cost of the findings. The pearls were drilled all the way through, and I was told my only limitation was making studs. My strand was not strung yet, but you've already requested to pull 2 pearls anyway.

You can just message PP and they can give you the cost.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PP did this for me last year (or was it 2 years ago now) and it came out beautifully. They only charged me for the earring settings in addition to the necklace cost. So I got a lovely pearl necklace and earrings from the deal. I actually still have a number of pearls left over from that necklace.

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for the advice! I did not realize they were open on the weekends till I was looking at the website today. I am so excited! They said it was not too late to have the earrings made! I ordered the Allure setting in white gold. I have been wanting some diamond/pearl earrings for a while now. This crosses a big item off this years wish list for me. I can't wait till they get here!!!!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I pulled these earrings out of the strand to make earrings.
Inception, pearl in a pearl strand.

_28611.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1428242791|3857175 said:
I pulled these earrings out of the strand to make earrings.
Inception, pearl in a pearl strand.

I just ADORE this necklace!!!!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I've said it before , but that necklace is just gorgeous ! Now those earrings...are they drilled through then ? If so I assume they used a flat head pin ?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Those inception pearls are so stunning, NL!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results