shape
carat
color
clarity

Creative matching wedding bands -- ideas, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkygalore

Rough_Rock
My fiance and I are looking for ideas for creative wedding bands that reference each other somehow. We don''t need an exact match, but would prefer something more conceptually in synch than just "both are platinum". I''ll admit to wanting SOME sort of sparkle on my ring (although this is probably the best place to admit to that urge, right?) I''d also either like a wedding band that is simple/small/low (heading to medical school in the fall) OR a removable engagement ring with a simple, boring platinum wedding band. My fiance, on the other hand, doesn''t want anything too plain, but also -- of course -- doesn''t want anything too "girly." It''s a toss up as to which of us is pickier!

As a reference point, I''ve got my parent''s very cool wedding rings in the back of my head. My dad''s is a yellow gold replica of an intricate boat rope, while my mom''s is sort of strands of yellow gold woven around two pieces of jade. Each is very much suited to them, yet they go together beautifully as a set as well.

Here are some ideas we''ve come up with so far:

- "Puzzle" rings that fit into one another somehow -- this was our first idea and seems neither practical nor pretty
- A ring with diamonds for me and a band with the "imprint" of those diamonds for him
- An engagement ring with a "crown" motif holding the diamond, and that motif, doubled so it''s thicker, on his band
- Something referential like these Niwaka rings (my favorite idea at the moment):
102740004_5e85782c88_o.jpg

I''d really appreciate any thoughts, and will post pics of our final bands if anyone''s interested!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results