shape
carat
color
clarity

PP April special

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
How fun Crdkeshi! You will need a vacation after all of that. Have you decided which pearls you're going to take yet?

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Can't say that I have decided what pearls to take, NacreLover. That was to be today's job; instead I spent my afternoon arguing with medical staff, sigh. Maybe tomorrow. ... we fly Wednesday. I'm thinking all 4 Tahitian strands (also equals 2 ropes), my pink color change strand, 2 small white metallic ropes, Penguin pearls of course :) ... my 3 pearl Tahitian pendant, and my "red dot" diamond studded champagne keshi strand. Well ... reading that over, it would have been shorter to just type "ALL my pearls" LOL!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha! You'll need bigger suitcases.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
CRDKeshi - I'm so sorry to hear about your brother ! Hope he is on the mend ! Such a stressful time. I hope you are able to relax and enjoy your cruise ... I'm sure you will out glam everyone on board !!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
CRDKeshi - glad to hear that your brother is doing better, and that you are getting a nice break. I tried to imagine from your pearl packing list, do share pictures upon your return!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
CRDKeshi hope you'll have a nice trip and your brother fully recovers soon.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Good luck, CRD!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
CRDKeshi I hope your brother gets better soon and you enjoy your vacation!

Ladies, the white baroque Akoya are back in stock on the PP website.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Oh, how kind of you all ... THANK YOU for the cruise wishes, and more importantly for the well wishes for my brother :) I'll be back in 2 weeks or so, looking forward to catching up on pearl news!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Have a wonderful trip Cathy!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
The glamor shot of my new akoya tin cup with a freshwater metallic drop. I also have matching earrings to the drop :naughty:

-baroqueakoya.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love it 4Ranchgirl. How long is your necklace?

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hisano said it is about 22 inches long. I should have it in the next couple of days.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1429076030|3862066 said:
Hisano said it is about 22 inches long. I should have it in the next couple of days.

Thank you for your reply, I can't wait for more photos! The amount of work involved in wire wrapping 42 pearls...

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, that is very pretty!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Tucs|1429061061|3861970 said:
Ladies, the white baroque Akoya are back in stock on the PP website.

Must have been only one ...

Kay

Ideal_Rock
CRD, I am glad to hear your brother is on the mend. I know it is so scary to have a family member go through a health crisis like that. I hope he will have a smooth recovery and that you have a wonderful, relaxing cruise.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1429071995|3862052 said:
The glamor shot of my new akoya tin cup with a freshwater metallic drop. I also have matching earrings to the drop :naughty:

Yum! That turned out so beautifully, 4RG! :love: I look forward to seeing it on your neck. Is the pendant removable?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1428188470|3857011 said:
I got to watch Hisano look at each strand and choose that one for Cathy. Jeremy and Hisano looked and confered on mine so it would match the metellic white drop from 2 Aprils ago. It was interesting seeing their process.

It was a fun process to watch. Mine was the 3rd strand to come out of the lot that day, after 4RG convinced me I had to have one too. (It didn't take that much convincing, lol -- they were so glowy.)

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Have you decided how you will string yours yet Kay?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1429130702|3862488 said:
Have you decided how you will string yours yet Kay?

No, I've been trying to get through tax season. The last returns were mailed today, so now I can focus on important matters again, lol.

Since I have several strands already, part of me wants something different than a classic strand of pearls.

Options:

(1) Wire-wrapped like yours, maybe with rose gold to pick up the beautiful rose overtones in the pearls.

(2) Mix the pearls with faceted gemstone beads (maybe amethyst or aquamarine) to make a longer necklace.

(3) Combine gold links, gemstones and pearls -- not sure if that would be really cool or too busy.

(4) Classic strand knotted on silk. Pearl Dreams' neck shots on the other forum make me see the appeal of leaving the pearls as a classic strand, and maybe I could twist them with my double strand of 8.5-9mm blue baroque akoyas to make a torsade.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results