shape
carat
color
clarity

PP April special

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! The white baroque akoya strands flew off the shelf! Anyone here get one? I was tempted...

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I was tempted too!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Missed it! I was busy looking for shoes!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I got one last week when I visited Pearl Paradise. These strands are the most beautiful I have ever seen. The luster is very very high and my strand has a strong soap bubble effect of pink over tone. It was almost impossible not to get one of the blue strands too. But I did resist. If you can don't wait because they are very special pearls. I Know two other psers who got them as well but I will let them speak for themselves.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Both already sold out!

I did consider a white strand but I would like an hanadama at some point (hopefully not very distant in the future) so I passed. Honestly I am relieved they both sold out -- at least I won't spend weeks thinking about them...

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
EDIT: I see the special now. Too late. Oh well.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
For everyone who missed them, here are the two still listed (as gone)
9.5-10.0 mm White Akoya Baroque Pearl Necklace
9.5-10.0 mm Blue Akoya Baroque Pearl Necklace

I apparently unsubscribed myself in November. I am fixing that.

Attachments

• pp_baroqueakoya.tiff
    164.5 KB · Views: 1,086
  • pp_blueakoya.tiff
    153.4 KB · Views: 1,036

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I swore I was not going to get anything; but, whenI saw those prices I couldn't help myself. I waited too long to make my mind up about the white baroque strands and they were sold out when I decided to buy one. Luckily the blue's were still available so I went for it! I can't wait till the get here! I'll be sure to post pics when they do.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
The blue are not a dark blue but just as beautiful as the white in their own way. Congratulations

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the blue akoya description! I'm adjusting my expectations now. I was kind of hoping for dark blue; but, I'm glad to know they are not so dark before they get here so I won't be disappointed when I see them. I've seen pictures of more silvery blues on here that I thought were stunning too so I bet I love them for the shade they are.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
With these strands it's all about the luster and thick nacre oh and they are big for akoyas with out the huge price.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Don't forget ladies, there could always be a stray strand popping back into inventory ...

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Drats...I saw these and immediately thought I need a strand of both to combine in a random order into a double stranded necklace. I guess that's what I get for working all afternoon and not peeking at my personal email. To those who have ordered, please do post pictures when you receive them!!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
CRDKeshi|1428023505|3856154 said:
Don't forget ladies, there could always be a stray strand popping back into inventory ...
Cathy can you post the picture here too? Pretty please :wavey:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I'm kind of hoping that PP held back a few of the baroque whites for pendants and earrings. I already have so many pearls, I can't justify another 18" strand of anything. I need something ... different.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was tempted, however, resisted due to my existing projects with colour stones.

DK :))

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I am having my strand made into a tin cup with my large metallic drop in the center for accent rather than using a chain. Plus I already have the matching earrings :mrgreen:

imagema29356640-0002.jpeg

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I can't wait to see it! That sounds like it is going to be a fantastic necklace!!!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Here's one strand of the White Baroque Akoyas :)

whitebaroqueakoya.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
They are gorgeous CRDKeshi! Is that your strand?

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I got to watch Hisano look at each strand and choose that one for Cathy. Jeremy and Hisano looked and confered on mine so it would match the metellic white drop from 2 Aprils ago. It was interesting seeing their process.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
There's a little banner on the PP FB page about an annual sale in May, for Mom. :angel:

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the delayed response ... and thanks for picking up the slack, 4RanchGirl :) Yes, 4RanchGirl and Hisano chose that baroque akoya strand for me, and I'm so delighted! Don't have it yet, and it might be a little while, as I'm debating what to do with it in between tending to a brother critically ill for 3 weeks now, although improving ... very slowly ... Pearls, beautiful pearls, hand chosen by 2 trusted pearl friends ... something wonderful to look forward to, with my THANKS !

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I was just sent this cell phone picture of my new strand :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

20150412_112207.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
4RanchGirl, your new Baroque Akoya necklace is breathtakingly beautiful !!! LOVE the wire wrapped pearls :appl: :appl: :appl: Between hospital trips, I haven't decided how to set mine yet; need to add a bit of length to mine and there are no extra pearls; was thinking of something a bit different, but my brain's been a bit preoccupied lately :) So happy you got such a lovely, elegant birthday necklace :)

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
That necklace is gorgeous. Just gorgeous. Regal. I'd leave it out and just stare at it. :drool:

I have a baroque Akoya bracelet that is wire-wrapped. I didn't know what it was called, and now I know what to ask for in other pieces.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
CRDKeshi|1428871294|3860954 said:
4RanchGirl, your new Baroque Akoya necklace is breathtakingly beautiful !!! LOVE the wire wrapped pearls :appl: :appl: :appl: Between hospital trips, I haven't decided how to set mine yet; need to add a bit of length to mine and there are no extra pearls; was thinking of something a bit different, but my brain's been a bit preoccupied lately :) So happy you got such a lovely, elegant birthday necklace :)

CRDkeshi, Is everything OK with your DH Walter?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
CRD, I just reread farther up. I hope your brother gets well soon. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Aw, NacreLover, THANKS! It's been a tough 3 + weeks, 2 of those in ICU on respirator, but my brother is doing very well, and will likely be discharged in a day or 3, possibly (hopefully) to short term rehab for a bit to resolve some lingering issues and regain his strength as he lives alone at home. I had no idea a gall bladder attack could be so severe. So, mostly good news, and hubby and I leave Wednesday for Ft. Lauderdale, and Friday for 2 week Caribbean island cruise. Nothing's packed, I'm exhausted ... but I'm taking pearls LOL. Thanks and HUGS back!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results