shape
carat
color
clarity

Metallic white pearl necklace

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for your points. You are all very passionate about pearls! I will proceed with caution and utilize the generous return policies.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Regarding the PayPal policy for eBay purchases (not sure if it also applies to non-eBay purchases), the seller must pay the return shipping only if the sale is within the USA and only if the item was Significantly Not As Described.

If it's just a case of buyer remorse, the buyer must pay for return shipping.

The predictable result of this policy change is that some buyers have been falsely claiming SNAD in order to avoid paying the return shipping.

This doubly injures the seller because in the case of SNAD returns, the seller is not allowed to recover their Final Value Fees or their PayPal fees. To add insult to injury, the seller also receives a "defect" on their selling account.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
pearlsngems|1428678287|3859849 said:
Regarding the PayPal policy for eBay purchases (not sure if it also applies to non-eBay purchases), the seller must pay the return shipping only if the sale is within the USA and only if the item was Significantly Not As Described.

The predictable result of this policy change is that some buyers have been falsely claiming SNAD in order to avoid paying the return shipping.

This doubly injures the seller because in the case of SNAD returns, the seller is not allowed to recover their Final Value Fees or their PayPal fees. To add insult to injury, the seller also receives a "defect" on their selling account.

Thanks for posting this. I recently purchased a camera which was broken. The seller said he didn't know how to set it up. After I asked to be refunded and return the camera to him he said keep the camera and I will send you one that really works.... I took the refund.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smart! Taking the refund is what eBay actually recommends, rather than accepting a replacement.

Because if you take the replacement and it turns out that there's a problem with the replacement, you are out of luck! (The case is closed when you accept a replacement.)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me|1428444926|3858197 said:
I thought I might show an example of a White Metallic to help Pregcurious with the green overtone which I love also some pink underneath! These studs are so different than my white cultured freshwaters that I love too. I feel these Metallics have a soap bubble look with an inner glow. img_7388.jpg
img_7385.jpg

I am very attracted to that greeny pink overtone seen here. It's TDF in my honest opinion. But some people may not agree.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1428684625|3859899 said:
I thought I might show an example of a White Metallic to help Pregcurious with the green overtone which I love also some pink underneath! These studs are so different than my white cultured freshwaters that I love too. I feel these Metallics have a soap bubble look with an inner glow. img_7388.jpg
img_7385.jpg

I am very attracted to that greeny pink overtone seen here. It's TDF in my honest opinion. But some people may not agree.

Thanks ckrickett, they were my very first PP purchase, I am spoiled, they never disappoint!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
pearlsngems|1428678287|3859849 said:

This has happened to me. I even had a buyer claim SNAD before she'd even received the item. :roll:

The PayPal policy on return shipping refunds only applies in Canada, Australia, and France at this time. I suspect it will broaden, since PayPal split from eBay and is a growing company all on its own.

"Everyone has had an online shopping fail, such as the time you got the dress that has a cutout in the wrong spot. Australian shoppers using PayPal they can now send those products back hassle free and get the return shipping refunded. The Australian market is only the third in the world to introduce the policy — following Canada and France — that sees users who opt-in to the service able to request a refund on the PayPal website and be refunded shipping costs up to A$45 across four items."

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
pearlsngems|1428684386|3859896 said:
Smart! Taking the refund is what eBay actually recommends, rather than accepting a replacement.

Because if you take the replacement and it turns out that there's a problem with the replacement, you are out of luck! (The case is closed when you accept a replacement.)

WOW! good to know. I figured if he had a working one why sell me a broken one ? He returned the funds and left me a OK rating. OK? I was not mean to him but won't buy there again.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Frost Me|1428685281|3859908 said:
ckrickett|1428684625|3859899 said:
img_7385.jpg

Thanks ckrickett, they were my very first PP purchase, I am spoiled, they never disappoint!

Frost Me - these are amazing! I've come back to admire your pearls many times. I have a pair of 9-10mm white metallics on their way to me from Pearls of Joy. Fingers crossed they are beautiful too!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ricezo,

I think you'll be happy. Here are mine from POJ. You can see my cell phone reflection in them they are so shiney.

_28904.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I need, I need that size… :love: love these so much, lucky pearl girl! Soooo reflective :love: :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1428715342|3860162 said:
Ricezo,

I think you'll be happy. Here are mine from POJ. You can see my cell phone reflection in them they are so shiney.

They are amazing! Thanks cmd! :appl:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
These photos are fabulous...the pearls are amazing ! :love:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
yingh|1428434437|3858103 said:
4Ranch Girl|1428433712|3858094 said:
In my experience and pearl collection very metallic fwps can and do look like akoyas. Fwps can be very white body color as well as a cream body color. I have seen white body fwps with a green overtone but do not own any of those. Ido have green overtone fwps. The trick is knowing what you want and then asking the right Pearl company to find it for you.

Although new to pearls, I totally agree that sometimes metallic FW can look very much like Akoyas. Last week when I was at PP, I was drawn to a pair of studs that Mia was wearing. I swear they look very similar to my Hanadama. That resulted in my purchase of a pair of metallic. Cannot wait to receive them.
My new necklace is an example of white baroque akoya and fw white metallic drop together from a cell phone picture.

20150412_112202.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1428866353|3860913 said:
yingh|1428434437|3858103 said:
4Ranch Girl|1428433712|3858094 said:
In my experience and pearl collection very metallic fwps can and do look like akoyas. Fwps can be very white body color as well as a cream body color. I have seen white body fwps with a green overtone but do not own any of those. Ido have green overtone fwps. The trick is knowing what you want and then asking the right Pearl company to find it for you.

Although new to pearls, I totally agree that sometimes metallic FW can look very much like Akoyas. Last week when I was at PP, I was drawn to a pair of studs that Mia was wearing. I swear they look very similar to my Hanadama. That resulted in my purchase of a pair of metallic. Cannot wait to receive them.
My new necklace is an example of white baroque akoya and fw white metallic drop together from a cell phone picture.

they look great, from the pic the luster looks very similar.

also I love how you have each pearl wire wrapped, it will be gorgeous!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful look!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
4RanchGirl your new Baroque Akoya necklace is divine! I just love the wire wrapped pearls, and the drop pearl on ... the Blossom setting??? ... is stunning! Between hospital visits, I have yet to decide how to set my strands :) Congratulations :appl: :appl: :appl:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Glamor shots will be taken tomorrow :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
More glamorous shots than that might require smelling salts and a Victorian fainting couch :)

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! 4ranchgirl. This is even better than I imagined. You got TWO of these strands.... non buyers remorse here, I should have listened to you.

BTW, Happy Older Than Dirt pearls are fit for a queen.

20150412_0.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
CRDKeshi|1428871747|3860957 said:
More glamorous shots than that might require smelling salts and a Victorian fainting couch :)

CRDkeshi, I am sure you will faint when your TWO strands chosen by Hisano arrive. You too are one lucky pearl girl. Congratulations on your new pearls.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks NacreLover :) I'm excited to see my baroque akoyas, but haven't quite decided how to set them.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Ricezo,

CMD my 9-10mm metallic freshies from PoJ arrived today!! I love them!!

_28993.jpg

_28994.jpg

_28995.jpg

_28996.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1428900099|3861109 said:
Ricezo,

CMD my 9-10mm metallic freshies from PoJ arrived today!! I love them!!

Wow!!! Look at that luster! They look perfect! Yay!!!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
ricezo, They are perfect. A livetime treasure for sure.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Ricezo, those look fantastic!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
That pair looks well matched and fabulous, so beautiful!!!! :love: :love: :appl: :appl: Ear photos please!!!!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Ricezo, those are the most beautiful pearl earrings ... the luster and size is just spectacular!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies! I'm thrilled to have them!

As requested, here is an ear shot!

_29037.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Those look gorgeous on you ! And a great size as well.. I'd like to find some nice big ones! You will get a great deal of wear out of those!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results