shape
carat
color
clarity

What Syndromes Do You Have?

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Disclaimer: This topic is just for the fun of discussion... not intended to diagnose or treat any medical conditions...

PSS - Pearl Shrinkage Syndrome - although I just learned the term recently, but I've been infected longer than I know :wacko:

OCD - cannot think of anything else to explain that when I collect things (color stones, Playmobil, and now pearls), I always want to cover/collect each and every category/color range. And looking at collected items neatly sorted, boxed, or lined, gives me a tremendous feeling of satisfaction

IWT - I Want This/That - I invented this term :bigsmile: This disorder attacks me badly when I visit PriceScope, you know...

Please feel free to add to the list :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I have PSS, however, the lack of fund in the piggy bank prevents it from getting worse.

DK :bigsmile:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
CSS - colored stone shrinkage syndrome. Nothing under 7 mm for me anymore. 2 carats is the minimum.

I am sure to get PSS.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I'm beginning to wonder if I have the beginnings of a pearl hoarding disorder. I tell myself "I have enough pearls. I have enough pearls. I have enough ... oh, look at that!" :lol:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely have PSS. But i always liked substantial jewelry so it's not surprising to me that I finally have names for my afflictions - DSS, PSS and CSS. :cheeky:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

JJ. Jewellery jealousy.
GWI. Green with envy. Pearls are a big trigger. :bigsmile:

I think the two maladies are related--and full blown when on PS!

cheers--Sharon

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have too small budgetitis and frugalitis. Severe and pearl limiting disorders of the pocketbook. One is the result of an under-filled purse; the other is an abnormal and spastic tightening of the purse strings despite adequate fillage, resulting in purchase-oriented cold feet, under-purchasing (also known as substituting a lesser priced item for the true object of desire), and/or post-purchase stress disorder. Sadly, treatment for these conditions thus far has been limited.

I also have lookie loo syndrome, JJ, and GWE. ;))

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
cmd2014 said:
I have too small budgetitis and frugalitis. Severe and pearl limiting disorders of the pocketbook. One is the result of an under-filled purse; the other is an abnormal and spastic tightening of the purse strings despite adequate fillage, resulting in purchase-oriented cold feet, under-purchasing (also known as substituting a lesser priced item for the true object of desire), and/or post-purchase stress disorder. Sadly, treatment for these conditions thus far has been limited.

Oooooh, I WISH we could "like" posts on here!

caro40

Shiny_Rock
I have all of them and have just boarded the ripple train and have ripple mania - getting HUGE ones because of PSS.
I missed out of lots a year or two ago when I thought 'what are those raisiny things' and now I know the errors of my ways and have been buying up Catherine Cardellini's stock. Just fabulous. Impossible to photograph but I'm trying.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
PSS
CWFFTCUWSN Cant Wait For Farmers To Come Up With Something New

The latter is the worse as it could come at anytime so how to plan to save for it?

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, there's also Lucy you have some splainin' to do-itis. This is a known and common complication of Pearl Dysinhibition Syndrome (also know as PDS). In my particular case, this is triggered by unexpectedly large, vaguely rocket shaped freshwater pearls and assorted other items from a certain small store with a hypnotically convincing sales lady. Also triggered by any and all PP sales, items from the POJ blog, and by Tahitians of all kinds. Occasional outbreaks have also been known to occur during site wide sales at other accommodating vendors, and from PS viewings. Individuals are at higher risk of PDS within social contacts where enabling is known to occur.

If you think you or anyone you know has PDS, consult with your doctor. Treatment via a 12 step program is available, although the prognosis is guarded as treatment adherence is typically low. A lifelong relapsing/remitting pattern is the typical course of this syndrome.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
I have of late fallen into the following one -- Buy New Clothes Based on How They Will Look with Pearls.

(Just today I got two new tops that are not in colours I usually wear, but that go terrific with one of my strands.)

caro40

Shiny_Rock
Yes me too! I never wore light colours before and now buy white and cream tops so my rope colours come to life. And I live in V neck jumpers because they allow the necklaces to be shown off. I also avoid jackets with zips now in case they scratch my pearls.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Tucs|1428629023|3859584 said:
I have of late fallen into the following one -- Buy New Clothes Based on How They Will Look with Pearls.

(Just today I got two new tops that are not in colours I usually wear, but that go terrific with one of my strands.)
I love this! I wear a lot of gray and black, and some blues and reds that tend to look good with Tahitians. I have been realizing though, if I buy another strand, I should probably not buy green bodied peacocks (like I planned), but the more rare blue-bodied pearls.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
BNWS = Buy Now or Wait for a Sale?

I have my eye on something, but I was notified that there will be a sale before Mother's Day. I keep on vacillating. There are less than 5 available, but truthfully, I could request the same at a later time (on a buying trip)

How do you decide to buy or wait for a sale? None of my pearls have been on sale yet, but all my purchases thus far have been for unique pearls.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Preg,

Ask if they will set one aside for you on hold for the sale. If it's a unique piece they might not, but if it's a stock item, it's usually not a problem.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
You gals made my day! Didn't expect this much fun when I started the topic, please do come and spill. :bigsmile:

Like one of the posts said, I too wish there is a "Like" button!

I have to confess that I also have BMTP - Buy More Than Planned. (In many cases, higher than budgeted too). I begin with well planned well researched purchases, but soon OCD and IWT (I Want That) kicks in. You know the rest.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Oh no. I may have all of the syndromes that have been mentioned thus far. Plus the one where you see some especially scrumptious pearls and your mouth waters because you long to eat them. Yeah right, like y'all don't do it too!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yingh,

I diagnose you with PDS! You are in excellent company! :devil:

And yes, I will admit to drool. My iPad will never be the same.

And why didn't I think of buying new outfits to match the pearls??? I've been guilty of obsessively wearing the same outfit over and over to show my new pretty to its best advantage...you know...the outfit that I had in mind when I bought whatever it was that I bought. All this time I could have been getting NEW outfits. Doh!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1428639999|3859666 said:
Preg,

Ask if they will set one aside for you on hold for the sale. If it's a unique piece they might not, but if it's a stock item, it's usually not a problem.
It's a unique piece, unfortunately, so understandably it cannot be set aside.

caro40

Shiny_Rock
cmd2014|1428641158|3859672 said:
Yingh,

And why didn't I think of buying new outfits to match the pearls??? I've been guilty of obsessively wearing the same outfit over and over to show my new pretty to its best advantage...you know...the outfit that I had in mind when I bought whatever it was that I bought. All this time I could have been getting NEW outfits. Doh!

cmd I pm'd you in the other place

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1428619758|3859501 said:
Oh, there's also Lucy you have some splainin' to do-itis. This is a known and common complication of Pearl Dysinhibition Syndrome (also know as PDS). In my particular case, this is triggered by unexpectedly large, vaguely rocket shaped freshwater pearls and assorted other items from a certain small store with a hypnotically convincing sales lady. Also triggered by any and all PP sales, items from the POJ blog, and by Tahitians of all kinds. Occasional outbreaks have also been known to occur during site wide sales at other accommodating vendors, and from PS viewings. Individuals are at higher risk of PDS within social contacts where enabling is known to occur.

If you think you or anyone you know has PDS, consult with your doctor. Treatment via a 12 step program is available, although the prognosis is guarded as treatment adherence is typically low. A lifelong relapsing/remitting pattern is the typical course of this syndrome.

This made me laugh! But you do realize that these commercials have the companion class action lawsuit. "If you or anyone you know has died from PDS, contact [our law firm]." :lol:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
ennui|1428646610|3859689 said:
This made me laugh! But you do realize that these commercials have the companion class action lawsuit. "If you or anyone you know has died from PDS, contact [our law firm]." :lol:
That is too good.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1428670073|3859777 said:
That is too good.

Hey that's true! Think we can start a class action lawsuit and get some more pearls out of it?!? ;))

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1428670666|3859781 said:
That is too good.

Hey that's true! Think we can start a class action lawsuit and get some more pearls out of it?!? ;))
Good idea! :dance:

Cmd, are you a lawyer?

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1428641158|3859672 said:
Yingh,

You got me there.

In fact, I have PDS, DDS, and CSDS. :bigsmile:

So far drooling and matched-outfit buying has not affected me - guess those are late stage symptoms =) :angel:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1428672346|3859791 said:
cmd2014|1428670666|3859781 said:
That is too good.

Good idea! :dance:

Cmd, are you a lawyer?

No, I'm in health care. We'd need to find someone to represent us (on commission of course....maybe paid in pearls!)

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Wanted to share this ...

weirdos_tribe.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of BNWS, how good are the sales for pearls? Is 20% usually the highest it goes site-wide? Specific pieces may be more than that if it's a special sale (e.g., clearance, new line being introduced)?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cmd2014|1428549118|3859051 said:

Apparently I ALSO suffer with spelling issues which result in acronym confusion! :bigsmile: Thanks CMD! :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results