shape
carat
color
clarity

Help - Which setting for my half carat RHR?

Help - which setting will make my half carat pop?

• 1.) BGD full bezel (Lola) with coordinating bezel band

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 2.) Victor Canera old European halo bezel (only with plain shank)

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • 3.) 3 stone ring like BGD open gallery or truth

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
Okay, now you have me thinking a graduated five stone may be the way to go if I want to get the most out of my stone.

What setting would you say is the most comfortable with this type of ring? Could you still do a trellis or do you think something else might work better. I already have a shared prong eternity band so I'd like this ring to look different.

Also, what vendors would you recommend? do you think BGD would still be a good choice? I worked with ERD on my ering but I'm not completely happy with the quality of the setting. It's odd because all I read is glowing reviews but I've absolutely encountered issues with my ring. I'm hoping they can fix it because right now I never wear it and it makes me sad.

Logan Sapphire I'd love to see your five stone ring. Do you have it posted anywhere?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
livewithease|1428453523|3858269 said:
Okay, now you have me thinking a graduated five stone may be the way to go if I want to get the most out of my stone.

What setting would you say is the most comfortable with this type of ring? Could you still do a trellis or do you think something else might work better. I already have a shared prong eternity band so I'd like this ring to look different.

Also, what vendors would you recommend? do you think BGD would still be a good choice? I worked with ERD on my ering but I'm not completely happy with the quality of the setting. It's odd because all I read is glowing reviews but I've absolutely encountered issues with my ring. I'm hoping they can fix it because right now I never wear it and it makes me sad.

Logan Sapphire I'd love to see your five stone ring. Do you have it posted anywhere?
hopefully LS wont mind, heres her link
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/erd-ring-is-done.200640/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/erd-ring-is-done.200640/[/URL]

as for the setting, you can do a lot of things. You could go more of an e ring direction or more of a band direction. My 5 stone is my e ring, but very band like. its so comfortable! I would think as a RHR that might be better, but really you have options. let me find the links for the rings im talking about... ill be back with a few, one particularly from BG that is band like but different from a trellis

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! I really love Logan Sapphire's 5-stone bezel ring. This is a great option. And with the bezel setting, it seems more impactful.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Actually, ERD made my five stone! I haven't had any issues but it's a very simple setting. I got it when my ering was a three stone halo so that's why I chose octagonal frames as I wanted a different look than my then-ering.

_28706.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Er, not sure why the pic is upside down. I can't rotate it so I don't know how helpful it is.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1428454368|3858281 said:
livewithease|1428453523|3858269 said:

hopefully LS wont mind, heres her link
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/erd-ring-is-done.200640/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/erd-ring-is-done.200640/[/URL]

as for the setting, you can do a lot of things. You could go more of an e ring direction or more of a band direction. My 5 stone is my e ring, but very band like. its so comfortable! I would think as a RHR that might be better, but really you have options. let me find the links for the rings im talking about... ill be back with a few, one particularly from BG that is band like but different from a trellis

actually just take a gander though this thread....

or, ive seen a beautiful bezel one, too ....

_584.png

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
Logan sapphire your ring is absolutely lovey and very different from anything else I've seen. I love how it looks like a RHR but it's substantial enough that you could wear it solo. I also love the bezel set. Do you know how big your center stone is?

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
Niel I love your ring as well. Thanks for posting! I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and it's hard to look at my stone and imagine it looking as beautiful as one of your rings.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
livewithease|1428457198|3858315 said:
Logan sapphire your ring is absolutely lovey and very different from anything else I've seen. I love how it looks like a RHR but it's substantial enough that you could wear it solo. I also love the bezel set. Do you know how big your center stone is?
hers a link to that bezel one, its even smaller than your stone

https://www.etsy.com/listing/107320398/5-stone-bezel-set-diamond-band?utm_source=Pinterest&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
livewithease|1428457453|3858319 said:
Niel I love your ring as well. Thanks for posting! I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and it's hard to look at my stone and imagine it looking as beautiful as one of your rings.

thank you!
dont get overwhelmed, getting a nice 5 stone is the same as getting a nice 3 stone, get the setting you want, then get the proportions youre looking for.

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
I went and tried on a bunch of three stone and five stone (none that we're graduated five stones) rings today to get a feel for the different settings. Granted I would never purchase from any of the stores I went into but it did help a little. Overall, I liked the three stone trellis, the three stone halo (but I could see getting tired of this) and the five stone. I think the five stone would give me the max finger coverage and would look really pretty.

Three Stone - BG crossed trellis setting is my number #1 with or without pave on the side (not sure it's needed but it could look pretty). I could see myself wanting to wear a band with the three stone.

Graduated Five Stone - I'm between the nightgale and the crossed trellis. The crossed trellis a slightly cheaper but not by much. I would absolutely wear this ring by itself.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
livewithease|1428526425|3858841 said:
I went and tried on a bunch of three stone and five stone (none that we're graduated five stones) rings today to get a feel for the different settings. Granted I would never purchase from any of the stores I went into but it did help a little. Overall, I liked the three stone trellis, the three stone halo (but I could see getting tired of this) and the five stone. I think the five stone would give me the max finger coverage and would look really pretty.

Three Stone - BG crossed trellis setting is my number #1 with or without pave on the side (not sure it's needed but it could look pretty). I could see myself wanting to wear a band with the three stone.

Graduated Five Stone - I'm between the nightgale and the crossed trellis. The crossed trellis a slightly cheaper but not by much. I would absolutely wear this ring by itself.

well yay that you made some progress. do i remember you said you already have a trellis band? i cant remember. if so id do the nightengale

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1428535029|3858923 said:
livewithease|1428526425|3858841 said:

well yay that you made some progress. do i remember you said you already have a trellis band? i cant remember. if so id do the nightengale
i came back because i was thinking about the nightengale. it would be cool because it has that peakaboo side diamond that would be flattering to the graduated look, almost like a last set of graduated stones. .5 center, .25 pair, .11 ish pair, a cute little bezel pair

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
I'm kinda torn between the two settings. I'm sure both would be beautiful. In terms of finding stones would you have BG source them or someone else? I want a gradual decrease in size but I also want the ring to wrap nicely around my finger versus having the last two stones stick out. Does that make sense?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
discuss it with brian gavin, i do believe they can make them wrap around the band. They might have photos of graduated ones they have done before.if you use them id use their diamonds.

Whiete flash has done some as well, so you could check with them. for ease and insurance reasons, id just buy the stones from the place you buy the setting

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
Alright I'm pretty sure my heart is set on the trellis setting. For some reason I just love the view from the side. Already talking to BG but I'm going to reach out to Whiteflash as well to see what they have to say.

Thanks for all your help! I'm sure I will have tons more questions.

I will be really excited when it's done and I can look down and see my grandmas stone. My uncle has recently fallen sick and there's nothing left they can do for him which got me thinking about my grandma and life in general and made me realize I should do something with her ring. It's only been sitting on my jewelry box for 15 years! You never know what will happen in life which is why it's so important to live each day to its fullest.

Thanks again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results