shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey I Visited PP Too (4 Fun Hours)

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
We are in LA for Spring Break vacation this week and my hubby and kids agreed to allow me a break at the PP showroom :angel:

I felt like a child in candy shop.

Mia was my host and spent almost four hours with me. We finalized layout for my Tahitian and black spinel layout. Also created a simple design for a pair of white metallic FW. Most of all, we completed a new project that will be my anniversary gift for later April - hubby was very happy about that. It involves two strands of those blue akoya and 17 large Tahitians - one for every year.

By the way I also picked up a pair of drop golden SS with the blossom setting. Here is a poor picture of them with my pearls for the black spinel project.

Secretly I would call this the most satisfying part of my LA vacation.

_28636.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That sounds so great. Thanks for posting a pic of your project.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
"I felt like a child in candy shop. " what a perfect way to describe a visit to PP. Glad you had fun and it looks like you have some wonderful pearls on the way. Congratulations.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
That sounds like so much fun! And I am LOVING those tahitians!

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I love hearing everybody's stories about visits to PP! I live on the east coast and am a person of limited means, so a visit to PP is probably not in the cards for me; however, I really enjoy living vicariously through everyone here. All of the posts about visits to vendors (especially with pics!) and everybody else's pearl purchases help me so much when deciding what to get next for myself. I really appreciate the knowledge gained from these visits and I totally love everybody's willingness to share that knowledge on these forums. It is such a gift to be able to see what everybody gleans from the pearl experts. If you have any more pictures from your visit we would all love to see them!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Yingh, your Tahitians and blossom earrings are beautiful, and I can't wait to see what that anniversary present is going to look like!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I love your SS earrings!! Do you have more pictures? :love:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting, to pick pearls in person! Beautiful! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for filling us in on your PP shopping trip. I'm glad you got to tour "The Vault" and see the pretty things it contains. Your necklace and earrings are very pretty. Enjoy.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
loving those earrings!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
yingh|1428280707|3857359 said:
Most of all, we completed a new project that will be my anniversary gift for later April - hubby was very happy about that.

So glad you had fun at PP. My visit last summer was as part of the ruckus, and it was definitely one of my highlights of the year. I think you have selected some incredibly beautiful pieces.

I just wanted to point out the truth of what you say here. My DH thanks me whenever I take the pressure off him for a special gift. I expect lots of hubbies are equally delighted. Here you are getting a gift you are truly excited about, and he doesn't have to go shopping for you. Win-Win!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl that is so true. My sweet husband used to ask "Have I found your present yet" when ever there was call for one. Then when it arrived I would put it on his closet. And he would tell me no peeking. Silly game but we enjoyed it. I always loved what "he" chose and never had to exchange it :mrgreen:

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1428345595|3857603 said:
I just wanted to point out the truth of what you say here. My DH thanks me whenever I take the pressure off him for a special gift. I expect lots of hubbies are equally delighted. Here you are getting a gift you are truly excited about, and he doesn't have to go shopping for you. Win-Win!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

4Ranch Girl said:
Fly Girl that is so true. My sweet husband used to ask "Have I found your present yet" when ever there was call for one. Then when it arrived I would put it on his closet. And he would tell me no peeking. Silly game but we enjoyed it. I always loved what "he" chose and never had to exchange it :mrgreen:

Fly Girl and 4Ranch Girl, glad to hear that we share the same idea about gifts.

I've tried very hard to love hubby's surprise gifts, but I am not good at it after all. So 'hints' (i.e. links) and self picked pearls are win-win.

4Ranch Girl, your little game made me smile. What a sweet game to play!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What lovely pearls ! I do love the drop shape ! And the earrings are very sweet ! What fun to spend four hours playing with pearls !!

4Ranch - I loved the story about your presents ! Brings a smile picturing you putting it in the closet!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results