shape
carat
color
clarity

What'd you get from Barry's 4/6 drop?

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
At 10:58am Melbourne time (5:58pm MST) I went into a meeting room at work under the pretence of a client call so I could browse the drop in peace. :lol: But I was very good and didn't buy anything! Did you get anything Sparkliesluver?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... I was third in line for the pink tourmaline! Barry had to refund my payment. But he offered to cut me another pink tourmaline later which is more pinkish lavender instead of pinkish orange, so we'll see how it turns out, I'm worried it will be too small for my liking. I also got the smaller oval amethyst cab and the 2.16ct oval moonstone. [emoji23] My self-imposed ban is not going well!

S

SparkliesLuver

Good for you, ricezo! I love your style. ;-) I usually do that when I'm at work too, but last night I was home.

I didn't plan on checking it out, but since I was up I decided to see what he had. I did grab a couple things. :) I couldn't decide between two moonstones so I got both. Hopefully I can decide when I see them in-person. I plan to make a ring in honor of my son since it's his birthstone.

S

SparkliesLuver

Ohhhhh, mochiko! You were the one who snapped up my first choice moonstone. Please, please post pictures when it arrives! :)

I'm sorry to hear about the pink tourmaline. I figured it would go quickly. That's good though about the cutting of a new one. What size does he think it'll be and what's too small for you? Will it be for a ring?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo said:
At 10:58am Melbourne time (5:58pm MST) I went into a meeting room at work under the pretence of a client call so I could browse the drop in peace. [emoji38] But I was very good and didn't buy anything! Did you get anything Sparkliesluver?
Good thinking, and I admire your discipline! Luckily it was a holiday here due to Easter but I got up a bit earlier just for the drop. [emoji4]

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver said:
Ohhhhh, mochiko! You were the one who snapped up my first choice moonstone. Please, please post pictures when it arrives! :)

I'm sorry to hear about the pink tourmaline. I figured it would go quickly. That's good though about the cutting of a new one. What size does he think it'll be and what's too small for you? Will it be for a ring?
Hi Sparklieslover, ooooh I will definitely post pics of the moonstone. Did you get the round moonstone? I was deciding between the round cab or this one, but finally decided on the oval.

I'm hoping for at least 8mm but Barry said the rough would likely cut a smaller stone than the one on the drop (9mm) so we'll see [emoji4]. I'm not heartbroken if it turns out too small, as I already have a 3ct pink tourmaline (but emerald/scissor cut) that still needs setting!

S

SparkliesLuver

mochiko42 said:
ooooh I will definitely post pics of the moonstone. Did you get the round moonstone? I was deciding between the round cab or this one, but finally decided on the oval.

I'm hoping for at least 8mm but Barry said the rough would likely cut a smaller stone than the one on the drop (9mm) so we'll see [emoji4]. I'm not heartbroken if it turns out too small, as I already have a 3ct pink tourmaline (but emerald/scissor cut) that still needs setting!

Yay, thank you! I can't wait to see. :D Yes, I did. That one and the oval next to yours.

Ah, okay. 8mm sounds like a possibility, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for that. :) Do you have a thread on your 3ct pink tourmaline?

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
After I put my son on the bed, it was only 2 mins past 9 PM but the pink tourmaline already gone..............

S

SparkliesLuver

shulaibaoma said:
After I put my son on the bed, it was only 2 mins past 9 PM but the pink tourmaline already gone..............

Someone must have been on it! :) I hope it was a PSer so they can post tons of pictures when it arrives.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tightening the belt for the time being, therefore, nothing for me.

DK :))

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought two 11.9mm oval cabs, one is Amethyst and the other Mozambique Garnet... I love Barry's drops! and I also picked up a Light Minty Green Jadeite cab I'd been eying for a while (not newly listed last night).

S

SparkliesLuver

Ooooo, yay, marymm! I eyed his garnet cabs - they're gorgeous. One is still available and it's tempting me. haha Please post pictures when they all arrive! Do you have any setting ideas? The Jadeite cab sounds lovely.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I got the 10mm round mozam garnet cab

ga-1386g_1392_general.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Nice, VL. Good choice. :) I love round cabs.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please post the vendor pic eye candy!
Some of you made some great purchases 8-)
I skipped it for now... Saving up for current projects...

S

SparkliesLuver

These are the two moonstones I got. :)

moonstones.png

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1428416450|3857934 said:
These are the two moonstones I got. :)

Bravo - they look lovely. In fact, everything on the drop looks great!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah! Great choices :love: :love: :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
They look great.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
VapidLapid|1428416170|3857930 said:
I got the 10mm round mozam garnet cab

That was the one I was after, but was too slow! Glad it went to such a good home. It reminds me of a glace cherry. :)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver said:
mochiko42 said:
ooooh I will definitely post pics of the moonstone. Did you get the round moonstone? I was deciding between the round cab or this one, but finally decided on the oval.

Yay, thank you! I can't wait to see. :D Yes, I did. That one and the oval next to yours.

Ah, okay. 8mm sounds like a possibility, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for that. :) Do you have a thread on your 3ct pink tourmaline?
Barry has said that one of the pieces of rough might cut a 8mm peachy round, so fingers crossed!

I don't have a thread on the tourmaline but you can see the original listing at http://www.bespoke-gems.com/SacredGeometrics_Gemstones_Tourmaline_Sold_2.php it's #503. [emoji3]

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver said:

I ended up returning both stones as I realized I really preferred something in a larger size. The moonstone was quite gorgeous though, just wish it had more finger coverage on my size 6.5 finger! So it may be available again shortly on Barry's site... [emoji6]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results