shape
carat
color
clarity

My JbG 2.28 ct OEC in a solitaire setting

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow where to start... I've always been a modern cut fan (still am!). My engagement ring is a 1.22 ct Brian Gavin Blue MRB. When I first started thinking about my upgrade a few months ago, my husband and I knew we want something different. We are keeping my engagement ring for sentimental reasons. So the "upgrade" is going to be a completely different ring. I initially considered a modern cushion. I saw a 3 ct modern cut cushion a few years ago and it was just so beautiful that I remember till this day. David @ GOG worked with me and presented me with many great options. He was super patient and responded quickly to all my emails. If I ever consider a cushion cut again (which is very likely) I'll go to David for sure. As I was hunting for the perfect cushion I was also browsing Grace's site and this one stone caught my eye. It's the size I want; it's in my budget. I contacted Grace and scheduled an appointment with her. She brought a few OECs with her and the moment I saw these stones I knew I have to get one! Round is still my favorite shape and an OEC is just perfect!

I was originally very worried because the stone I picked out is a J. Grace didn't have any high colors in the carat range I wanted. The other stones she brought were also in the J/K range. I am very color sensitive and my engagement ring is a G color with medium fluor. I looked at the stone under different lighting and put it next to my G color. I could see the color difference but surprisingly the J didn't bother me. The facet pattern is just so gorgeous. Even though it's also a round it just gives off such a different look than MRB.

For the next few weeks I worked with Grace to pick out a setting for the stone. I was being indecisive since this is my first OEC and a big purchase, I decided to put it in a simple solitaire. I can always change the setting later but for now I am loving the simplicity of it!

Okay this is getting kind of long so here are the specs and some pictures!

2.28 ct J SI1 GIA graded
8.43 x 8.47 x 4.98 mm
Depth 58.9%
Table 52%
Cutlet Large

ring_in_box.jpg

Some photos from Grace:
3-29-2015_10-32-17_pm.jpg
3-29-2015_10-32-38_pm.jpg

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
More!
flower_shot.jpg

next_to_candles.jpg

upside_down.jpg

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hand shots!

hand_shot1.jpg

hand_shot2.jpg

img_0650_0.jpg

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a size 4.25 for reference. The setting is a size 4.5, same as my wedding band.

Also thank you Grace for responding quickly to my 1000 emails. All your pieces are so beautiful!!!

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! I love the setting too!
Congrats!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your lovely OEC!
I can tell that you are in love - as well you should be. A beautiful diamond with beautiful facet pattern. :love:
Have you named her?
Wear in good health :appl:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Nice finger coverage! Lovely diamond to boot :)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back to study these... It really is just perfect! The hand shots are great! :love: Congratulations!

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Jimmianne|1428102331|3856596 said:
Congratulations on your lovely OEC!
I can tell that you are in love - as well you should be. A beautiful diamond with beautiful facet pattern. :love:
Have you named her?
Wear in good health :appl:

Thank you!!! It's so hard to capture the facet pattern on camera. I rushed to take a few pics when I got the ring today. Maybe I'll catch better ones later when it's not "awkwardly posing" ;-)
I named her Twinkle and her nickname is BB (which stands for Big Boulder). Because my husband thinks it looks ridiculously big on my hand... he doesn't know what he's talking about!!!

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mayk|1428109761|3856631 said:
I keep coming back to study these... It really is just perfect! The hand shots are great! :love: Congratulations!

Thank you so much for the compliment! I was worried about the color for weeks. Now I have it on my hand I don't know why I was being all paranoid. I am loving the small table too :love:

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life|1428108868|3856621 said:
Nice finger coverage! Lovely diamond to boot :)

Hey ROL! Remember I promised you a reveal a few weeks ago? That's why I rushed to take pics and posted this thread when I got it today. Your ring is my ring's big sis! OECs are so fun to look at. Mine gives off so many rainbow flashes it's like having a disco ball on my hand.

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
A few more hand pics... Need to stop before my phone is filled with ring pics.

img_0655.jpg

img_0660.jpg

img_0661.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so gorgeous!!! :love: It's almost exactly the same size as mine!

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
Beeeaaauuuutiful!!! I love that setting, too -- perfection! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous! Perfect setting too. It looks lovely on your hand, and you have beautiful hands! Welcome to the "Old Cut Club" you'll be happy you joined :wavey:.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful. I can't get over that stone is a J. Looks so white! Congratulations. :clap:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Stunning! It looks fabulous on you!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and set :appl: what a beautiful and classic combination. Enjoy wearing it.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is just stunning, who made that setting, I just love it? :love:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I've just seen this on Grace's Instagram! It's fab to see more pictures of your ring. The facet pattern on that stone is just gorgeous!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely stunning!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Twinkle (aka BB) is beautiful! :love: She looks gorgeous on you! Enjoy her. :appl:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Saw this on Grace's Instagram and I nearly died! So beautiful!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring, OC! I love it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That looks great on your hand

armywife13

Ideal_Rock