carat
color
clarity

Update - what I've been up to

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello PSers,

Not sure whether to post it here or in HangOut. I'm too lazy to create two separate threads, so here goes:

I took a little hiatus from PS, to focus on my new obsession, he he. I keep telling people IRL I'm having a mid-life crisis :bigsmile: ; posted a little on HangOut. Basically, I lost a bunch of weight, lost several dress sizes and have managed to keep my weight constant for several months now. Did a trek up the Malaysian jungle, ran 10km and am now training for a half-marathon.

Bling-wise (yeah, that obsession never goes away! ;)) :naughty: ), I've acquired a few items along the way:

- diamond tennis bracelet by IDJ, G-H colour, VS-Si1, about 7-8ctw (can't remember, again too lazy to look up the exact specs). I now wear this on a daily basis, almost never taking it off except to have it cleaned
- took back my 2.656ct H Si2 BGD diamond, had VC set it into the Emilya setting
- pair of fancy yellow diamonds, about >1ct each; uncerted, set by local jeweller into bezelled & halo'ed earrings. Love them!
- 2 pairs of diamond hoop earrings (one from a local show, the other from another PS'er yet to be collected)
- ruby eternity ring
- cheapie ruby ring
- set a orangy-red spess (bought from another PSer) with smaller side diamonds into a 3-stone ring
- a diamond half-eternity ring
- pair of yellow zircons, halo'ed with diamonds, set by local jeweller
- re-set a diamond eternity ring into DBTY necklace
- set orange spess into halo'ed earrings
- tanzanite, yet to be set
- little rubies, yet to be set
- several pearl necklaces and bracelets and earrings
- diamond jackets for my 4ctw+ BGD earrings, done by local jeweller
- a loose diamond, about 0.80ct, very white but uncerted, will prob set this in a little bezelled pendant
- took back my halo'ed diamond pendant, centre stone about 0.90ct
- pair of multi-coloured diamond bracelets/ bangles, total about 13ctw (well, I bought the loose diamonds and will set them at some point)

I plan on setting Holly into a halo'ed setting. Still not sure which style yet, but most likely I'll ask Leon to do it.

Still obsessing about a honker EC (pref antique). Will prob sell my 3ct F VS2 some day to help me fund it. Still also obsessing about getting a Cartier Love bracelet with diamonds.

I did, however, manage to lose my GIA 1.55ct F SI1 diamond!! ;( ;( ;( . This is a bit of a long story. Basically, it was part of a pair (the 1.52ct G SI1 being the other). I'd sold them to my sister. She complained they were too big for her. So, I took them back, set them into dangling earrings. LOVED them, only managed to wear them a handful of times before I lost the 1.55ct!! Didn't even have insurance!! :nono: (had just decided not to renew it!!).

Pics coming up....soon...just need to download them from my phone. Please bear with me.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey: You've been sorely missed!

And yes, this thread absolutely requires photos ! :)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resonance.Of.Life|1428041964|3856232 said:

Thank you, ROL.

I LOVE your new diamond - it's gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, first of:

IDJ tennis bracelet and VC Emilya setting of my existing 2.656ct BGD diamond

tennis_bracelet__amp__vc_ring.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have missed you! You've been busy! :naughty: Can't wait to see pictures!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1428044621|3856236 said:
We have missed you! You've been busy! :naughty: Can't wait to see pictures!

Hello Mayk!! :wavey:

Miss you too! How've you been?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incomplete collection. Missing in the pic are Holly and the 3ct F VS2 (both in the bank safety deposit box), IDJ bracelet (on my wrist) and a few other items (at local jeweller's etc...). Also, the blue "sapphire" earrings are not real sapphire but I definitely aspire to have a pair of real sapphire earrings exactly like these. I adore them!

Will post individual pics of the new(er) items later...

phoenix_collection_april_2015.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back, Phoenix! :wavey: You have been quite busy, both on and off of PS!

I'm dying to see more pics of your latest acquisitions--please post more later! :cheeky: :love: So what plans exactly do you have for Holly in terms of setting?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back, Phoenix!

So I'm expecting at least a day's entertainment from the photos which I'm SURE you're going to be posting imminently! The box picture was a big tease, and I'm really looking forward to seeing all your things.

I'm so glad you decided to reset the 2.65! It's a beautiful stone and looks gorgeous in its new setting.

And well done on the new body! I'm sure all your jewelry is going to be looking even better on you; there's nothing that makes rings look better than skinny fingers! :)

Looking forward to seeing the photos. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, It's fun to hear about your "new you" and see part of your collection! Everything is beautiful and I love the way you have it organized - great box.
I am so much looking forward to seeing more pictures.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back, we have missed you! Congratulations on all of your new pieces, I especially love the tennis bracelet. :appl: :love:

Sending dust that you find the 1.55ct!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Phoenix! I have missed you and so glad to hear you are well and happy!!!

Woohoo on getting into such fantastic shape and also on your new adventures. :appl:
I'm sorry about you losing the dangling earring and I hope it somehow turns up.

I am looking forward to seeing you more around PS and enjoying your beautiful bling pics too.
(((Hugs))) and welcome back. :wavey:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, ladies, for your lovely and warm welcome back.

Before I respond, I'd like to post a few more pics. This is the SMTB thread, after all, ha ha!!

yellow_earrings.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, that was huge again!! I'm obviously picture - challenged! lol

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1428070773|3856326 said:
OMG, that was huge again!! I'm obviously picture - challenged! lol

We like huge pictures! :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tell you, I'm the worst photographer! The colours IRL are closer to those on the left of the pic - very vibrant, only few are washed out.

multi-coloured_diamonds.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sorry to hear about losing a diamond :o !

But so nice to see you back and that you are doing well. And of course you can post a hundred more pictures! :bigsmile: :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These were a bargain, snapped up at the end of a show! :naughty:

I wear them quite often, when I want to be casual but still with a bit of bling.

hoop_0.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DBTY necklace, I don't wear this very often, mostly b/c I can't be bothered to put it on, ha ha!!

dbty_necklace.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Various rings & earrings.

Left to right: half-eternity ring in YG, peridot earrings (never worn these, for some reason), 3-stone ring in RG, beautiful Mandarin-orange spess's in double halo's, small peacock Tahitians (at least I seem to remember they're Tahitians), fakey "sapphire" earrings (would really LOVE to get real sapphires in this beautiful blue) and cheaper ruby ring (not sure what kind of ruby).

misc_earrings__amp__rings.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tahitian and SS pearls (I think I may have posted the SS pearls before, but not these Tahitians).

I tend to only wear these to formal events. For some reason, (almost) perfectly round pearls seem to me to be quite formal.

ETA: I can see my reflection in the pearls, ha ha!!

pearl_studs.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1428057154|3856262 said:
Welcome back, Phoenix! :wavey: You have been quite busy, both on and off of PS!

I'm dying to see more pics of your latest acquisitions--please post more later! :cheeky: :love: So what plans exactly do you have for Holly in terms of setting?

Thank you, m-2-b. How are you? :wavey:

Yes, I have been quite busy - happy to have been/be. I'd love to set Holly in some halo setting (can you see the common theme in my jewellery, lol?), but don't know exactly yet how. I saw this woman at a restaurant the other day. She was really blinged out, had on a GORGEOUS VERY LARGE MRB. I reckon it was at least 8ct and it was in a beautiful, elaborate but quite delicate halo setting - all on her tiny teeny hand. Of course, this was at a very casual glance (or several glances! :naughty: ). I wanted to go over and asked her to show me the ring close-up. It took all kinds of efforts for me not to do so!! :rodent:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-blop|1428058207|3856263 said:
Welcome back, Phoenix!

So I'm expecting at least a day's entertainment from the photos which I'm SURE you're going to be posting imminently! The box picture was a big tease, and I'm really looking forward to seeing all your things.

I'm so glad you decided to reset the 2.65! It's a beautiful stone and looks gorgeous in its new setting.

And well done on the new body! I'm sure all your jewelry is going to be looking even better on you; there's nothing that makes rings look better than skinny fingers! :)

Looking forward to seeing the photos. :wavey:

Hello Mrs blop! :wavey:

Thank you.

Ha ha, didn't mean for it to be a tease!

Yes, I wear the 2.65ct ring a lot, b/c it's quite sturdy and not as expensive as Holly or my 3ct, now that I don't really have insurance anymore.

Thank you! I'm extremely happy to have lost most of the excess weight. I'm now able to fit into most of my "skinny" wardobe (yes, I have a "skinny" wardrobe and an...ahem..."not-so-skinny" wardrobe); though to be honest, I'm really not skinny. I still eat waaaay too much/ loooooove my food; but at least now I'm much more healthy than before. And yes, my rings are looser now; am not struggling to stuff them into my swollen, bloated fingers. :rolleyes:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1428062543|3856271 said:
Phoenix, It's fun to hear about your "new you" and see part of your collection! Everything is beautiful and I love the way you have it organized - great box.
I am so much looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Thank you, Jimmiane! :bigsmile:

Ha ha, I was *just* thinking: am gonna need a larger box at this rate. Most of my new acquisitions are relatively inexpensive, but I am enjoying wearing them.

Thank you for allowing me to share.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1428064729|3856280 said:
Welcome back, we have missed you! Congratulations on all of your new pieces, I especially love the tennis bracelet. :appl: :love:

Sending dust that you find the 1.55ct!

Hello armywife! :wavey:

Thank you. I've missed you guys too.

Thank you. The tennis bracelet was / is such a good buy. I'm getting so much mileage out of it.

Alas, the 1.55ct is forever gone! ;( ;( I lost it at a restaurant. It was only a matter of seconds before I realised I no longer had it on. Well, I was leaving and felt my naked ear and went straight back and it was no longer there. I reckon it must have been the waiting staff. I didn't even file a police report. Stupid stupid me!! :rolleyes:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hi Phoenix!

So glad you stopped back by! You have been one busy person. Congrats on the weight loss and the marathons. I wish
I had it in me! I'm so impressed when I see other people out there jogging but I cant seem to get my lazy butt off the
couch :cheeky: .

And your jewelry collection keeps get more and more amazing! Love the new hoop earrings and you DBTY necklace. They
look like they would be great for every day wear!

Don't be such a stranger!

tyty333

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Phoenix|1428042757|3856233 said:
Resonance.Of.Life|1428041964|3856232 said:

Thank you, ROL.

I LOVE your new diamond - it's gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love:

Aww, thank you kindly!

I love the "family photo" of your collection!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Phoenix - your collection is amazing! Looking forward to more photos of your collection and seeing your various projects unfold!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, Phoenix!!! :-o You have bought a LOT of things since you last posted in Show Me the Bling!!! Thank you for coming to show us some of them! I love the bracelet! Such a nice size and a timeless piece! Everything else is lovely, too! :love: Did you see that m-2-b got a new diamond ring recently??? Ava is almost a sister to Holly!

You'd better stop in more often from now on! We have missed you!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1428071239|3856329 said:
I tell you, I'm the worst photographer! The colours IRL are closer to those on the left of the pic - very vibrant, only few are washed out.

OOOHHHHHHHH this!!!! What is going to happen with this! I love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results