shape
carat
color
clarity

CVD diamond fraud?

Catz

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

I came across this maker and seller of CVD lab grown diamonds. Anakonda lab diamonds.

I have some knowledge about the technology and this made me highly suspicious.
Anakonda lab diamonds and their diamond company "Lab Diamonds d.o.o." in Croatia.

They claim they make CVD diamonds to over 10 carat!.
They also have the GIA logo with a report under on their site.

Their diamods sell at the price of glass or plastic, maybe less..
To my knowledge the CVD process is slow and costy. Scio Diamond and Gemesis uses this
technology and stones are about 30% less priced than natural stones.

Anakonda have a video and they show a CVD reactor with a rotating stage and some kind of shutter above it.
It barely reseble a "normal" CVD reactor with fixed stage used by others.

https://www.anakonda-store.com/en/lab-diamond-process

They also claim their CVD diamonds are 90% carbon and 9,7 hardness. As much as I know a CVD diamond is 100%
carbon with traces of nitrogen (PPM) like natural diamonds. 90% carbon CVD diamonds may not be possible at all.

I think this is a genuine fraud. Their jewelery is everywhere on Ebay and Alibaba.
Their webshop "anakonda-store" . Its obvious that they not sell just diamonds!! [URL='/user#']/user#[/URL]

Someone who knows more?

EEFranklin

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It seems you found out all you need to know:
1) Price is in the same range as cubic zirconia. Diamond polishing costs alone are much more than they are retailing those stones for.
2) Diamonds are just carbon, potentially with a few parts-per-million/billion of nitrogen or boron. Anything less than 99.9999+% carbon is not a diamond.
3) Diamonds have a Mohs hardness of 10. Anything less than 10 is not a diamond.

So, what are they actually selling? Who knows, but I would guess ordinary cubic zirconia. It is a lot easier to make incorrect claims about a readily available product than it is to invent some new gemstone (90% carbon, 9.7 hardness).

That “shutter” clip in their video has been used elsewhere by the “diamond coated CZ” companies. We’ve never paid much attention to that sector, but others have done independent studies and found those to be ordinary CZ too.

Catz

Rough_Rock
Ok, Yes i think you ar right. It could be diamond like carbon on zirconia.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results