shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy akoyas

mayo1209

Rough_Rock
Besides pp are there any other recommended vendors for akoyas? I am looking for a strand in 6-7 mm size

Kaori Oku

Rough_Rock
I had a good experience with museum way and pure pearls. I was not so happy with one from the outlet that was a sale one coz the AA+ wasn't so much luster.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I meant to say that I have experience with some, but not all of them.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
We've had great experiences with Pearl Paradise and The Pearl Outlet. Happy hunting! :appl:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Akoyas are from American Pearl. You can see pictures of them in the Show Me Your Pearls thread. I have also had very positive experiences with Pearl Paradise, Pure Pearls, and Pearls of Joy, but have not bought Akoyas from them.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
If you are confident in your ability to judge a nice strand, you might want to venture into consignment stores. There are always strands of Akoyas that no one wants. I was once in such a store, and a woman came in and wanted to sell the pearls given to her by an ex-boyfriend.

You may even luck out and find Mikimotos.

Just a thought.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
This is a very old thread that I resurrected just to ask, is Museum Way Pearls out of business?

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't even notice it's an old topic. :oops:

The Museum Way Pearls Facebook page appears to be reasonably active, but their website address is out of order. I suppose you could post on FB or call the number?

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
No problem. It's confusing when old threads get resurrected. I guess it's a little like seeing a zombie :o :rodent: ...okay, maybe not, but you don't expect to see either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results