shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Sapphires - E Ring - feedback pls! + guess the price!

Which do you like better assuming cost equivalent?

• Option 1

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Option 2

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Option 3 - for that price, get something else

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

schroest

Rough_Rock
Welcome any and all thoughts! Also happy to take other pictures that would help. Thanks in advance.

New to CS buying and PS but read through a bunch of threads in the last 3 weeks. Unfortunately don't have quite the search time as other people but fortunately I live in NYC so was able to see some stones in person in the last few weeks as well.

Option 1:

2.62 carats. 7.56mmX7.35X4.93h Squarish Cushion cut. Currently own and in possession of, with return period ending March 8th. Very blue in sunlight, pleasing purplish blue indoors that my girlfriend was really attracted to. Can anyone help explain to me if there is zoning on this stone and/or comment on the cut and/or anything else? Will post price and venor below (that's allowed, right?).

Option 2:

3.05 carats. 7.22mm x 6.93 x 6.25h. More towards an electric blue than the dreamy blue/purple in option 1. Slightly smaller from top down view given depth of stone but it really sparkles due to what I think is the cut. May be too much gray vs purple in the blue scale for my girlfriend but I hope to get her into the store to see it in person as well. I assume it is not priced higher per carat as above because it is not quite as saturated or deep a blue hue, though from a different NYC area vendor well known to the forum.

option_8.jpg

option_1_b.jpg

option_1_c.jpg

option_1_d.jpg

schroest

Rough_Rock
Re: Blue Sapphires - E Ring - feedback pls! + guess the pric

Option 2 photos. All above Option 1.

Again thanks in advance and please let me know how or if other photos would be helpful.

option_2_a.jpg

option_2_b.jpg

option_2_c.jpg

schroest

Rough_Rock

Vids for Option 1

eastjavaman

Shiny_Rock

I cannot guess the price without knowing the treatment. Saturation tend to increase on stones with darker tone, the pictures are too small to see the color zoning.
In the end will depends on which one you prefer to make it yours.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pictures are too small. Please get much closer to the stones and photograph them. You will need to use the macro setting and the end result should look like the below picture so that we can see the details of cut and colour better.

Any reputable lab report?
Treatment/non treatment?
Umm, why do we need to guess the price? You know the price but only you can decide whether it is worth the price.

sapphireblue.jpg

schroest

Rough_Rock

Will take more pics when I get a chance. I need to investigate if Samsung Galaxy S5 has a macro mode otherwise will borrow a camera.

Both stones are unheated, untreated, with GIA reports to confirm.

RE: guessing the price - figured it would be interesting to hear fully unbiased estimates.

Prices in white text below, (highlight text to see!)

Option 1: $7860

Option 2: $8550

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fwiw, they both look pretty in your hand shots, though as others have previously pointed out, its hard to tell much from the distance. I find that taking pics outside in indirect sun daylight on a medium grey surface allows you to take shots pretty close up with your phone. You would just have to zoom in (IIRC, its easily done with that phone).

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I find the easiest way is to use a macro setting, not zoomed just in focus, then crop the photo after the fact.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results