shape
carat
color
clarity

Will this diamond completely lack sparkle?

Elisep

Rough_Rock
Hi all
My bf and I have put a deposit down on a diamond that I loved in the store and is graded triple X by GIA... E color... But the more I read on here the more I'm nervous about the proportions! The diamond is very bright (and I don't love the look of dark arrows at all)... But I do want it to sparkle a lot! The HCA score was only a 5... Can someone please chime in? I have pics but no idea how to post

1.62 Carat
Si2 clarity (eye clean)
Table: 59
Depth: 60.5
Crown angle: 32
Pavilion angle: 41.8
Culet: none

Thanks in advance!

Elisep

Rough_Rock
Forgot to mention it is si2 but eye clean and 1.62 carats (rb). Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen the diamond away from the store lights to see whether it still sparkles? Looking at the numbers, the crown is rather low and will not sparkle much unless under spotlights (aka jewellery store lights).

Elisep

Rough_Rock
I took it outside but no other lighting than the jewelry store. It looked good outside too

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elisep

Rough_Rock
Okay, got it - thanks for your help. I'm no expert so I think you mean the inclusion type listed first? It was crystal... I couldn't see them unless I looked under the loupe. Here are the pics (taken on my iPhone).. thanks again!

_28480.jpg

_28481.jpg

_28482.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you can do better. I would take my time and look at some stones with better cut. Regardless of photos you have seen, well cut diamonds do not have black arrows. It would only appear that way in a photo if the camera was close and reflecting in the stone or something.

Here are some parameters that will land you closer to idea cut territory and a better HCA score:

table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0

pavilion angle: 40.6-41.0

emeraldluvr

Rough_Rock
Love the diamond! Excellent choice! :appl: :love:

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
Ah, this is akin to one of those controversial 60/60 diamonds (60% depth, 60% table). The advocates for the 60/60 diamonds claim the big table opens up the bright middle of the diamond, and is a bit spreadier for the weight.

For what it's worth it looks like a very bright stone with great finger coverage for the carat size (looks like a two carat diamond easily).

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two 60/60 diamonds with HCA under 2 and good light return via idealscope. You can do better if the HCA is a 5. Although, in pics, it does look pretty good!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results