shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick my first Tahitian strand :D

Lily1895

Rough_Rock
Also, i'm so sorry for not responding earlier to everyone who asked about the four initial strands. I've looked back over my old emails (soon many) and here are the sizes and other useful descriptions:

1. 10-11.9mm, AA+, dark green body with cherry and peacock
2. 8.4-10.9, AAA, dark green peacock
3. 8.9-10.7 mm, AA+/AAA, described to me as 'very peacock'
4. 8.9-10.7 mm, AAA, described to me as a 'much lighter peacock'

The first two strands are on the PP website but i'm not sure if the last two are :) I hope this helps!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lily- I love your choice for your strand. I agree that the top pair of green pearls are probably the best choice for earrings, as they match beautifully. However, my personal preference is the first peacocky pair, because I just love that color in Tahitians.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful strand! Is the difference in luster significant in real life? If yes, I would go for the top pair. If not, the cherry or the peacock are still a very good match.

Lily1895

Rough_Rock
Awww, thank you Fly Girl and Tucs for the kind words! I was a bit nervous about it but I'm loving them more and more each time I see them so I think it's a good sign. I'll ask about the lustre difference as I'm wavering between all three at the moment.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lovely strand! I like the peacock and the top ones...hard to choose ! To be honest I think you'll find the luster excellent on all of them.. certainly looks it in the photo . If you haven't decided .. choose your two favourite pair and have another photo done with just those two in close up.

Lily1895

Rough_Rock
They're here!!! They're a a lot more marked than I expected, but it's hard to notice the marks at a social distance and I think the size adds to their presence. They do have a lovely green overtone which I wasn't expecting to be so charmed with and there is some lovely stripes of rainbow color on a few of the more baroque. The only slight misgiving is that the earrings seem to be a bit darker in body color than the strand. It's a bit of an odd effect, when they're next to each other they seem well matched but then take them apart and the earrings are noticeably darker. I don't think i'll return the earrings though as they're still the perfect size for every day wear.

As for the strand, it's really heavy and a bit longer than I was expecting, but all in all, I do love it a lot :) The pictures below aren't all that great, but compared to the glamour shots and the light box shots, it's a lot more even in colour and more grey with peacocky overtones here and there :)

Also apologies for the black pullover - the pearls really do look best next to black and other dark colors and it was closest thing on hand :)

tahitian_necklace.jpg

tahitian_earring_and_necklace.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they look beautiful on you! I love the size, colour, luster, length....well everything really. Now I'm going to wear my strand today!

The colour difference earring to necklace might be a trick of the light....necklaces are hit by and reflect more light than earrings which are shaded by hair.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
They look lovely, and I think it's okay that the earrings are a little darker. I can't tell in the photo.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful strand! If you're not sure about the earrings you can always return them. They look nice in the photo but it's hard to tell.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Strand looks lovely ! And I'm thrilled you are so happy with it. And as for the earrings..you could always return them and get a lighter shade of green. They are probably hidden in your hair a bit and the light isn't hitting them the same way it does when they are placed next to the necklace. Did you get the top pair? Maybe the peacocks would be lighter? They are lovely..I'm sure all the earrings are gorgeous.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Lily, that's gorgeous! What size are the pearls?

Lily1895

Rough_Rock
Hey Everyone,

Thanks so much for the lovely comments!

@Seaurchin: The strand itself is 18 Inches and the pearls are 11.9mm to 15.0mm. They are baroque so they aren't perfectly round if closely inspected, but on the neck it's quite hard to tell. I was initially worried about the size and they are a little big to wear at the office with more ordinary office clothes, but they bizarrely work for a casual Friday kind of look or a more formal dinner out/evening wedding reception :)

@katbran: they're the top pair :D After seeing the peacocks it took all my will to say "no" for this time round. I think I'll keep my eye out for a nice pair that could be made into another set of studs or maybe dangles/jackets.

@cmd2014: I think you might be right about the light hitting, but the odd effect is that it happens even when i just move them apart on the table by a few inches. I'm putting it down to the behaviour of Tahitians generally. Also they do have different body colors and surface grades which might add to the illusion.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Great choice of a very nice strand that you will enjoy wearing :appl: :appl: :appl: I have many, many strands but very few matching earrings so I think the ones you choose are just fine. They are in the general color range so they work. Don't stress about it. Enjoy your new beauties.

Lily1895

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the kind words 4Ranch Girl! They've already made an appearance at work a few times and at a special event. They really are lovely and I'm already plotting my next purchase - alas I have been bitten by the pearl bug :)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
You got a very lovely strand!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results