shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally some yellow in my future - the Jeff White saga!!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanted to dedicate a seperate thread on the
yellow stone that is in my future!!! I have
been on the lookout for a yellow stone for a
short while but found out that a lot of stones
have quite some green.

I was eyeing a beautiful Mali garnet but I
hesitated to long as it had a green modifier
as well.

Numerous great options have been given to me
by friendly posters and then SapphireStyle
posted her yellow zicon by Jeff white. What
a beauty and exactly the yellow yellow I was
looking for.

So I contacted Jeff and he agreed to cut a
beautiful stone for me. Yay!!! I am so excited
about this!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Finally some yellow in my future - the Jeff White saga

Yay! I am excited for you Acinom as I can feel the happiness and excitement in your post. :appl: I'm happy for you and looking forward to you receiving your new Jeff White yellow stone!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jeff expects a 9-10 mm stone after cutting and somewhere in the range of 5.2 to 7.5 ct. The color of the rough is currently the natural golden orange, which he will heat to yellow after cutting.

_28416.jpg

_28417.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's a great size!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1427712833|3854411 said:
Yay! I am excited for you Acinom as I can feel the happiness and excitement in your post. :appl: I'm happy for you and looking forward to you receiving your new Jeff White yellow stone!

Thank you Missy!! I am excited indeed as I read so many great reviews and after a while I started to regard Jeff White as a 'celebrity cutter'. I admired the work but was hesitant somehow to contact him. Also as I expected his pricing to be all over the place. He seems like a very nice guy and his pricing sounds really reasonable!

_28418.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1427713070|3854416 said:
That's a great size!

Yes indeed! I am happy with this size range and hope this will truly be the outcome Missy.
I initially wanted an Asscher as I have been admiring his Asschers for a long while. But I decided on the sunny sparkle of a sunny cushion, partly based on DK168's recommendation.

Apparantly there is more than one option for cutting a cushion according to Jeff so I am looking forward hearing from him again soon. I love love love SapphireStyle's stone. Everything about it!! So this particular cut will probably be my choice.

_28419.jpg

_28420.jpg

_28421.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Finally some yellow in my future - the Jeff White saga!!

Well cut yellow zircons are usually very cool, I bet yours will be amazing!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1427713728|3854423 said:
That's a great size!

Yes indeed! I am happy with this size range and hope this will truly be the outcome Missy.
I initially wanted an Asscher as I have been admiring his Asschers for a long while. But I decided on the sunny sparkle of a sunny cushion, partly based on DK168's recommendation.

Apparantly there is more than one option for cutting a cushion according to Jeff so I am looking forward hearing from him again soon. I love love love SapphireStyle's stone. Everything about it!! So this particular cut will probably be my choice.

I love this too. It reminds me of the sun. Happy, bright, shining and gorgeous. :love:
I hope it turns out exactly how you want it to. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1427714292|3854428 said:
Well cut yellow zircons are usually very cool, I bet yours will be amazing!!!!

I hope it will be fabulous Arkieb! I do love my blue zircon :love: . It was actually you who directed me to blue zircons a while ago! And that's how I found my blue zircon from Jeff Davies.
When I first came to Pricescope I never thought I would do a custom cutting project. After the green tourmaline from Gene this is the second custom cutting project. I am so looking forward to see the outcome.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Yay I'm glad your future yellow beauty has its own thread! I am very much looking forward to updates and of course lots of photos! :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1427714568|3854430 said:
Acinom|1427713728|3854423 said:
That's a great size!

I love this too. It reminds me of the sun. Happy, bright, shining and gorgeous. :love:
I hope it turns out exactly how you want it to. :appl:

The sun is exactly what I think about when I see the yellow yellow of SapphireStyles zircon! To enhance that look I felt the cushion wins over the Asscher (although I do dream of wearing a JW Asscher some day :naughty: )

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Did you ask him about the yellow Danburite? I think they hold promise too.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ricezo|1427714949|3854432 said:
Yay I'm glad your future yellow beauty has its own thread! I am very much looking forward to updates and of course lots of photos! :wavey:

Thank you for being excited for me Ricezo :wavey:
I am also still thinking about how to set the stone. I do know I want to keep it simple if the final stone indeed has a nice size. I also need to decide on the metal color. I usually only wear WG/Plat/RG but in this case I am exploring a warm YG as well.

_28422.jpg

_28423.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1427715676|3854437 said:
Did you ask him about the yellow Danburite? I think they hold promise too.

Thanks for this suggestion Chrono!! What are the characteristics of Danburite compared to Zircon? I have been eyeing a Danburite on Gene's site. I love the color but wanted a different and more chubby shape.

_28424.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom,

If the finished stone does not meet your expectations, it will be a colour issue and not the cut for certain. Looking forward to your finished stone and ring! :bigsmile:

Chrono,

I am eyeing a yellow Danburite in his step cut, however, it would be one of next year's projects. :Up_to_something:

DK :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Is the Danburite rough in JW's group picture still available? Danburite has no cleavage, good toughness and a hardness of 7, which makes it an excellent RHR stone. It is a very brilliant stone although less dispersive than zircon.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1427716635|3854446 said:
Is the Danburite rough in JW's group picture still available? Danburite has no cleavage, good toughness and a hardness of 7, which makes it an excellent RHR stone. It is a very brilliant stone although less dispersive than zircon.

Good to read that and thanks for the information, Chrono, as it re-affirms my decision to get a 17mm+ white Danburite from Jeff for this year. I wanted a step cut initially, however, settled for a round cut as it works better as a pearl clasp.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168|1427716400|3854443 said:
Acinom,

If the finished stone does not meet your expectations, it will be a colour issue and not the cut for certain. Looking forward to your finished stone and ring! :bigsmile:

Chrono,

I am eyeing a yellow Danburite in his step cut, however, it would be one of next year's projects. :Up_to_something:

Somehow I am confident it will not disappoint. I love the color in all SapphireStyle's photo's and - while I mind a touch of green - I do not mind a mild touch of honey brown at all.

I found this neon greenish yellow piece in the Sold gallery on Jeff's site. It has quite some green but it's a lovely color.

_28426.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1427716635|3854446 said:

Sounds good!!! Do Danburites have the same yellow yellow as zircon's Chrono? The only example I could find on Jeff's site has quite some green. His new rough (if it's still available) looks a nice yellow.

_28427.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not all danburite are the same; it seems that the "new" ones in 2015/2016 are quite yellow. Why not ask Jeff about the 2 he has in inventory?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1427717666|3854461 said:
Not all danburite are the same; it seems that the "new" ones in 2015/2016 are quite yellow. Why not ask Jeff about the 2 he has in inventory?

I will do that Chrono! Great idea. I will also look up some examples on PS as I cannot remember having seen any around here?

How do they compare pricewise to zircons?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

These are the yellow Danburites I could find via a Google search on PS. The coloring seems to be nice and soft yellow. But as Chrono stated, not every Danburite will have the same coloring. :read:

_28428.jpg

_28429.jpg

_28430.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think pricing ranges from $20 to $100 per carat depending on the size and colour.

feat_danburite_tanzania_51pt29.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1427718787|3854468 said:
I think pricing ranges from $20 to $100 per carat depending on the size and colour.

Thank you Chrono!!!

Whoohaa! Where did you find that Danburite!! It looks like a rich sapphire :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

So excited for your yellow journey, Acinom! :appl:

I'm flattered; you're more than welcome to use (any part of) my DK design. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1427724782|3854494 said:
So excited for your yellow journey, Acinom! :appl:

I'm flattered; you're more than welcome to use (any part of) my DK design. :)

Hi Sparkliesluver :wavey: So glad you found this thread!

And thank you for being so generous!!! This is so kind of you.
I have yet to decide on the setting as I need to see the outcome and color first to determine what the stone 'needs'. It might need some diamonds after all. What metal color would you advice Sparkliesluver?

S

SparkliesLuver

Completely understand waiting until the stone is finished to see what you feel/think.

I feel you owe it to yourself (and the stone) to consider a warm, yellow gold. I know it's not in your comfort zone, but it could be beautiful. I also think adding some melee would make for an extra pop. But we shall wait for the stone to be finished first. ;-)

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock

Danburite...

Mexican colorless ( very very faint pink) is untreated.

The russian ( Dalnegorsk) is if not colorless 99,5 % irradiated!!! Brown, yellow-brown.

Burma has some unusual colors but very rare (pink)

VIVID yellow east african looks to good to be true - BUT they are....

If eyeclean the best qualities have imo the second best yellow ( after diamond ) and are incredible beautiful.

I didn't buy course of the ( at this time ) maybe an unknown treatment and now they are very expensive ( esp. compared to the colorless material).

Made a mistake :(sad ...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1427726695|3854503 said:
Completely understand waiting until the stone is finished to see what you feel/think.

I feel you owe it to yourself (and the stone) to consider a warm, yellow gold. I know it's not in your comfort zone, but it could be beautiful. I also think adding some melee would make for an extra pop. But we shall wait for the stone to be finished first. ;-)

In my other thread I also got the advice to go YG, perhaps with engraving. Mm, the idea is growing on me!!
I will indeed wait until I see the end result and I will ask Jeff about his danburite rough.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Marlow|1427728666|3854517 said:
Danburite...

Mexican colorless ( very very faint pink) is untreated.

The russian ( Dalnegorsk) is if not colorless 99,5 % irradiated!!! Brown, yellow-brown.

Burma has some unusual colors but very rare (pink)

VIVID yellow east african looks to good to be true - BUT they are....

If eyeclean the best qualities have imo the second best yellow ( after diamond ) and are incredible beautiful.

I didn't buy course of the ( at this time ) maybe an unknown treatment and now they are very expensive ( esp. compared to the colorless material).

Made a mistake :(sad ...

Thanks for explaining Marlow. You are so knowledgeable. I will ask Jeff how is danburite - if still a available - compares with his yellow zircon. And someone needs to snatch the Danburite from Gene's site as it seems such a good color? It's from Tanzania.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results