shape
carat
color
clarity

The unintentional upgrade

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I haven't been at Pricescope for awhile - busy at work, some personal things in my life. Unfortunately, one of them included accidentally losing my wedding set.

After being very depressed about losing it (and looking throughout the house, garbage, compost bin, etc), DH suggested that rather than replace the ring for the same set, which would just remind me of what I lost, we upgrade instead.

I almost went with an AVC - I looked at a chunky cushion at a local B&M, but then saw a gorgeous OEC at Lang's in SF. The flower shaped facets were gorgeous, and I was sold. It was also a 2 carat K VS2 - but there was a markup and frankly

I ended up choosing GOG for the selection of AVC's and AVR's. It was also very easy working with them through the insurance process. They also redid the setting when the first one ended up

So, here it is, J SI2, 2.1 carat AVR - not the perfect SI2; the inclusion is visible in direct sunlight. Otherwise, eye clean.
7.92 x 8.02 x 5.35 depth
Total depth: 67%
Table %: 43.9%
Crown angle: 35.7 degrees
Pavilion angle: 41.6 degrees
Culet: Slightly large
Polish/symmetry: ideal

Setting is a custom platinum tulip style setting. It's size 6...but since I've lost 20 lbs since my original e-ring...it's too big. DOH. Should have checked my size, since my old set was already loose when I lost it.

The upgrade in size is great!

_28394.jpg

_28395.jpg

img_7478.jpg

img_7479.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear you lost your original set. But what an amazing upgrade!! The facets of the OEC are truly fabulous and the setting very elegant. You can easily have this setting resized. Don't wear it while it's too loose.

Enjoy wearing this beauty!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about your old wedding set but your new ring is beautiful. Even your dog is admiring it! :lol:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful upgrade and I love your setting!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, I like that setting!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful upgrade! So sorry about the loss of your original set but love your new one! :love:

Definitely resize it so you don't lose it. Even with the proper size in winter when it is cold my rings are loose so I wear them with an extra band. It keeps it fitting properly. Don't wear them unless they fit right because it is too easy for them to fall off your finger.

Enjoy your gorgeous new rings. :appl:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It's a lovely upgrade, so sorry you lost your original set. :wavey:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, now get it resized asap so you don't lose this ring!!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
So sorry about your lost rings, but your new diamond is just stunning and the setting is really pretty!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I haven't worn it out in public other than to the local appraiser - but yes, I don't want to wear it until I get it resized! I don't want to lose another ring!

img_7485.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As you might imagine, I LOVE your new AVR ring! :love: I am sorry for the reason for the upgrade, but I am sure you are going to enjoy the new ring!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I love love your AVR :love: :love: . It is so gorgeous. I hope it helps cheer you up from the lost of your wedding set. What kind of band are you planning on getting?

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your upgrade!
The ring is beautiful.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its just lovely! AVR faceting pattern is to die for!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love love love! Yimmers, if you don't mind saying, I would love to know who made your setting. I love it. Especially how the basket is set a little above the bottom of the band. It is pretty perfect!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful setting and diamond! :love:

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, everyone for the lovely comments! :wavey:

Luv2sparkle, it's a custom setting by GOG - it's modeled after the Monique Lhullier setting. It's adaptable enough to accommodate a round or cushion cut diamond. I'm really thrilled by the setting.

Diamondbug - I don't know what type of wedding band I want this ring. I've never tried one with single cuts, so I'm looking for a local place that sells them to see how it looks. I don't want to overwhelm the stone, but I do enjoy bling!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous Yimmers! Thank you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's fabulous!!! :love: :love: :love:

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A few more pictures! Hoping to try one some wedding bands this weekend.

_29428.jpg

_29429.jpg

_29430.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely upgrade! Sorry that you lost your original wedding set. Very nice choice! I would love an AVR one day. I hope you find your perfect band this weekend!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results