shape
carat
color
clarity

Picture of diamond shows a lot of black?

diannec18

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys,
I've tried googling for an answer to this with no luck, but it's probably that I don't know the right terminology. I'm wondering what it means when a diamond appears to have a lot of black spaces when face up in a magnified photo, such as those on the james allen site. The diamond im specifically referring to can be found here:
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.70-carat-j-color-vs2-clarity-very-good-cut-sku-453854

I've used the halloway cut tool, and it rates quite well, but I'm wondering if this means the diamond will appear darker in real life...

Thanks for your help in advance...

palmersj

Rough_Rock
Hi Cherry,

The cut is not ideal. The crown angle is 38 deg. That leaves too much diamond volume in the crown. It needs to be be 33.5 to 35. Plus the symmetry doesn't look great. You can find better cut stones at 1700 or so bucks for a .7ct stone. The cut needs to be the highest rated of the 4c's in many peoples opinions including my own. You can look at SI1 clarity to increase the carat weight too. Just needs to be eye clean. Also I'd recommend looking for blue florescence to make the J color look more white. my 2 cents :wink2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diannec18

Shiny_Rock
How reliable is the hca then? Because the rock I posted has a really good score. Should I not be putting so much stock in those figures?

I know the stone faces up small for a .7, but I thought the price was appropriate given that... And it's not very yellow for a "j"

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cut doesnt look too bad to me even though it doesn't fit our regular numbers. It's certainly not going to be close to an H&A
but if you are ok with what you know, request an idealscope image from JA (and post).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results