shape
carat
color
clarity

Niel, Gypsy and others please advise on which is better?

marc1777

Rough_Rock
Hi Price Scope,

I am a new member and I was researching online and I luckily ran into this website. I'm not really sure how this website works but I am looking for an engagement ring and I hoping to get some advice from you people that seem to have lots of experience about diamonds. After reading lots of tips about the 4Cs, HCA, and other things I narrowed my search to two diamonds. Both scored I followed the forum tips to mention that I am a Price scope member and to ask for the JA advantage discount which I got and also to put these two diamonds on hold(which they did for 48hrs) until I get more info and decide on which is the better diamond? Any advice anyone can provide me on this would be greatly appreciated.

1. http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.30-carat-f-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-487940
SHAPE: Round, DEPTH %:61.90, CARAT WEIGHT:1.30, GIRDLE: Medium - Slightly Thick, COLOR:F, TABLE %:56.00, CLARITY: VS2, CULET:None, CUT: Excellent, CERTIFICATE:GIA, POLISH:Excellent, CROWN ∠: 34.50, SYMMETRY:Excellent, CROWN %:15.50, FLUORESCENCE:None, PAVILION ∠:40.60, L/W/D (MM): 7.00*6.95*4.32, PAVILION %: 42.50 HCA: 0.8-EX

or

2. http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.30-carat-f-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-477484
SHAPE: Round, DEPTH %:62.60, CARAT WEIGHT:1.30, GIRDLE: Medium - Slightly Thick, COLOR:F, TABLE %:56.00, CLARITY: VS2, CULET:None, CUT: Excellent, CERTIFICATE:GIA POLISH:Excellent, CROWN ∠: 35.00, SYMMETRY:Excellent, CROWN %:15.50, FLUORESCENCE:None, PAVILION ∠:40.80, L/W/D (MM): 6.97*6.91*4.34, PAVILION %: 43.00, HCA: 1.7-EX

Will the HCA tell me which is better?
Both scored the same below:
Factor: Grade
Light Return: Excellent
Fire: Excellent
Scintillation: Excellent
Spread: Very Good

Is it better to have the HCA closer to zero which would mean that HCA: 0.8-EX is better than HCA: 1.7-EX? Or vice versa? I tried to ask for Ideal Scope but JA told me that both diamonds are stored somewhere in NY where they cannot access it so they cannot provide it to me. Has this ever happen to anyone else? All the other specs looks good so should I get it?

Also any advise on which ring setting I should get for this diamond between:

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/vintage/platinum-floral-scroll-engagement-ring-item-41148
or
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/pave/platinum-enclosed-pave-halo-item-8146

I read getting platinum is better than white gold. Is that true? Can someone tell me the good and bad of each ring setting based on their experience?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

No, the HCA score will not tell you which stone is better. It is just a screener for GIA stones to try to narrow down the better stones within the Excellent cut category and then you get the idealscope images to determine the best stone. A lower score is not better than a higher score as long as the score is 2.0 or less. In some circumstances, a stone with a 2+ score might be okay as long as there is an idealscope image.

I would suggest either choosing other JA stones that can have idealscope images or looking at other vendors who provide them. It is too much money, in my opinion, not to get them unless there are just no other options. JA does not have all their stones in house like vendors such as Whiteflash or Good Old Gold do and that is why they can't always provide them.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't it the worst when you like a stone e bit they can't get you idealscopes for them!
You can tell which stones can and can't ve reserved by looking at the "ship by" date next to the stone if it says tomorrows date, pretty sure they can do it. If it says a week from now, most likely they cannot. I say most likely because I've only started to notice this, so its a hypotheses at this point :lol:

As for settings? Hands down for me it would be the second. Someone has one here for a .8 ct and its beautiful, also, I find the craftsmanship better. The only thing to consider is that you wont have a wedding band sit flush with that. I would t have a problem with that at all,but some women do, so I point it out to you.
looking at your choices i am inclined to pick the first by the numbers and the look, but I worry about that inclusion right in the middle of the table. The second seems to be just outside my personal preference of depth. I'll see if there are any other options out there.

Did you ask them to apply a discount to the stones?

marc1777

Rough_Rock
Hi diamondseeker2006.

I agree with you that it is a lot of money and I agree that I should get a Ideal Scope. Per PS suggestion, whichever one I end of choosing I was thinking of taking it to a Independent Appraiser near my home and getting a Ideal Scope/appraisal done on it. I like how JA allows you a 360 view of the diamond you are getting (too bad other vendors don't) so you know exactly what you are getting but I was also disappointed that they could not provide me a Ideal Scope on it. I followed your advise and email several other vendors with similar diamond specs to what I am looking for and asked them too send me pictures/Ideal Scope/Aset. Thank you for the comment on HCA and Ideal Scope!

Hi Niel,

Yes it is a bummer that they can't get me Ideal Scope for them. I like your comment on the shipping date. I will definitely keep an eye on them and see if your hypothesis is true. I took diamondseeker2006 advise, looked for similar diamonds and emailed the vendors to see if they are able to send me pictures/Ideal Scope/Aset info. Yes I did ask and get the discount for the stones. I like the first one too, at first I thought the same thing about the inclusion but then I thought that unless you have 10/20x vision and can see it on a daily basis then it should not be a problem right? I like the second setting too but the fiancee said she does not like it because so many other people have it too. There goes that idea. First setting it is. Lol

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marc1777|1427550943|3853701 said:
Hi diamondseeker2006.

I agree with you that it is a lot of money and I agree that I should get a Ideal Scope. Per PS suggestion, whichever one I end of choosing I was thinking of taking it to a Independent Appraiser near my home and getting a Ideal Scope/appraisal done on it. I like how JA allows you a 360 view of the diamond you are getting (too bad other vendors don't) so you know exactly what you are getting but I was also disappointed that they could not provide me a Ideal Scope on it. I followed your advise and email several other vendors with similar diamond specs to what I am looking for and asked them too send me pictures/Ideal Scope/Aset. Thank you for the comment on HCA and Ideal Scope!

Hi Niel,

Yes it is a bummer that they can't get me Ideal Scope for them. I like your comment on the shipping date. I will definitely keep an eye on them and see if your hypothesis is true. I took diamondseeker2006 advise, looked for similar diamonds and emailed the vendors to see if they are able to send me pictures/Ideal Scope/Aset info. Yes I did ask and get the discount for the stones. I like the first one too, at first I thought the same thing about the inclusion but then I thought that unless you have 10/20x vision and can see it on a daily basis then it should not be a problem right? I like the second setting too but the fiancee said she does not like it because so many other people have it too. There goes that idea. First setting it is. Lol

Where you live more people have that style setting more than a three stone?!

marc1777

Rough_Rock
According to her, her friends/people around her were in that phase where a lot of them got the halo type rings so now she does not want it because too many people have it. She likes the three stone one because it is vintage and I guess a lot of her friends/people around her do not have it. I guess I can relate about her getting something unique that not a lot of people she knows already have. I would probably do the same thing.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that makes sense. Get her something shell love, for sure, but I think you might be able to find a nicer setting for your budget. One thats just as unique

heres one i think you should consider. I know its .05 cts smaller, but because of the depth, its just about the same size as the second stone you selected. The size difference would not be noticeable at all. The price is right, and though its a G, and not technically colorless, most people cant tell the difference between a F and G on the hand. with the extra money, you could get a little bit better setting

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.25-carat-g-color-vs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-490848

if she likes the bling, id maybe consider this

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/pave/14k-white-gold-six-stone-pave-encased-swag-engagement-ring-item-8113

marc1777

Rough_Rock
Hi Niel,

The stone you picked looks good and since it is AGS I saw that it comes with a Light Performance already. I read comments from other people here that there is hardly any difference between a F and G and I told her that but unfortunately she said that she wants an F or above. Also, I talked to her about getting an AGS Ideal diamond but she said that she wants to get GIA certified diamond because it is more common but as I read more here in PS I am beginning to see a benefit to getting a AGS Ideal diamond. I read in other websites that some people say GIA grades more strict that AGS in some cases, which they say makes GIA certified better, is that true or are they the same? I will ask her about the setting you suggested too. I will talk to her again and see what she says about your suggestion of getting that less expensive diamond but better setting. She likes Tacori setting but I do not see it in JA. Do you know of any similar Tacori style in JA. If you do please send me the link too. Thank you for your comments and suggestions!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marc1777|1427555065|3853723 said:
Hi Niel,

The stone you picked looks good and since it is AGS I saw that it comes with a Light Performance already. I read comments from other people here that there is hardly any difference between a F and G and I told her that but unfortunately she said that she wants an F or above. Also, I talked to her about getting an AGS Ideal diamond but she said that she wants to get GIA certified diamond because it is more common but as I read more here in PS I am beginning to see a benefit to getting a AGS Ideal diamond. I read in other websites that some people say GIA grades more strict that AGS in some cases, which they say makes GIA certified better, is that true or are they the same? I will ask her about the setting you suggested too. I will talk to her again and see what she says about your suggestion of getting that less expensive diamond but better setting. She likes Tacori setting but I do not see it in JA. Do you know of any similar Tacori style in JA. If you do please send me the link too. Thank you for your comments and suggestions!

james allen doesnt sell tacori but some other vendors do.

She seems to have very specific criteria. Sense you guys are shopping together, has she been doing the same amount of research? Has she seen the difference between a G and an F in person? An si1 vs a Vs2? There really isnt anything wrong with her choices, but they are at the top of your budget, and definitely wouldnt allow for a tacori if she wants around a 1.3 ct. As long as she has all the facts and still wants a GIA F+ thats of course fine, but a lot of us go into diamond shopping with limited knowledge and assume colorless and high clarity mean the best, and they dont always. For example, yes some speculate color grading on AGS stones are a tad softer than other labs, however, most branded ideal cut stones you will find will be graded AGS because they grade for light performance, where GIA does not. Also they are stricter on cut grades. Different cultures value different things. If she wants high color and clarity because, like many Asian cultures, she values these things, go that route. Or if she has seen an F and a G and can see the difference, then thats another reason to pay for the F.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
heres another one that doesnt tick all her boxes, BUT, i wanted to show you it becuase i think its a really great option, in case she is a little flexible. sense youre shopping together, show it to her, if she doesnt like it, i wont be offended ;-)

id argue this si1 is clearer than that first F you posted just due to the placement of the incusions, and the cut is perfect. (again notice the size difference between this and the second stone you picked)

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.211-f-si1-round-diamond-ags-104074500006
they are having a march madness sale, this diamond is 9% off.

this setting is on sale too because of the MM sal

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/pave-and-side-stones/six-prong-fishtail-pave-platinum-5509p

if you paid by wire transfer, the price for the two is $12,515.76, in 18k white gold, or of course any gold, sense she values a unique setting. i believe thats a savings of a little under 900 dollars.

eta: sense i see you were looking at plat settings this one in plat also is on sale, and would put you with that diamond at a price of $12,313.26
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/pave-and-side-stones/legera-pave-platinum-5861p

im still looking though

marc1777

Rough_Rock
I have been doing more of the shopping and when I find something nice I run it by her to make sure she likes it. I want to make sure I get something she likes. She has not done the same amount of research as me because she has been busy with work and that is probably why she is making her decisions that way. I will talk to her and explain what I learned here in PS. To tell you the truth I really just found this awesome Price Scope community about 4 days ago (I researched other websites before) but I have to say that I learned so much more from the materials and comments people like you have made. I suggested that we stop by a jewelry store sometime and look at a F and G stone in person to see if she sees the difference so we will try to do that. I know that Tacori style are expensive but I found one below similar to the one she likes below around 3K:

http://www.solomonbrothers.com/jewelry_126299
or
http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/tacori-57-2-rd-sculpted-crescent-elevated-crown-diamond-engagement-ring-2759.htm

Do you have any any experience shopping with these two vendors? If so which one do you recommend and why? Do you know if they provide lifetime warranty on their products? I like the lifetime warranty that JA provides but I am not sure if these two provide it. I will try to do more research on them too. Btw the setting you provided looks nice so I will run it by her. Yes my price range is about 12-13K so please send me your suggestions regardless of vendor. Once again, thanks for your feedback and comments!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marc1777|1427559503|3853759 said:
I have been doing more of the shopping and when I find something nice I run it by her to make sure she likes it. I want to make sure I get something she likes. She has not done the same amount of research as me because she has been busy with work and that is probably why she is making her decisions that way. I will talk to her and explain what I learned here in PS. To tell you the truth I really just found this awesome Price Scope community about 4 days ago (I researched other websites before) but I have to say that I learned so much more from the materials and comments people like you have made. I suggested that we stop by a jewelry store sometime and look at a F and G stone in person to see if she sees the difference so we will try to do that. I know that Tacori style are expensive but I found one below similar to the one she likes below around 3K:

http://www.solomonbrothers.com/jewelry_126299
or
http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/tacori-57-2-rd-sculpted-crescent-elevated-crown-diamond-engagement-ring-2759.htm

Do you have any any experience shopping with these two vendors? If so which one do you recommend and why? Do you know if they provide lifetime warranty on their products? I like the lifetime warranty that JA provides but I am not sure if these two provide it. I will try to do more research on them too. Once again, thanks for your feedback and comments!
whiteflash is a great company i would absolutely recommend, but they are going to mostly have AGS stones.

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
Definitely diamond #2. Diamond #1 has some obvious schmutz right dead center. I like my schmutz on the sides, where a prong could cover it up. HCA be damned.

(Also, very very subjectively, diamond #2 looks a touch brighter.)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash sells Tacori and top quality hearts and arrows stones.

She is just not informed about AGS grading, but an AGS ideal cut is a much narrower grade than GIA Excellent. I would much rather have a superideal cut G stone than a GIA Ex F that wasn't as well cut. But in any event, you can go with a GIA F but I would focus on stones that you can get an idealscope image for.

marc1777

Rough_Rock
Niel thanks for your feedback on Whitefash but they don't mention that they provide lifetime warranty for the ring setting. I also found a similar tacori ring from www.since1910.com... I remembered that she mentioned that some of her friends got their ring there and they provide lifetime warranty on their setting like JA. I figure having lifetime warranty is good or does anyone think otherwise?

http://www.since1910.com/tacori-4625rd-marquise-shaped-diamond-engagement-ring

Thanks danielxlin for the feedback. I can't tell if it is brighter than the other one. It is about 400 more than the other one but I am leaning toward that one too because of that inclusion in the middle if I do decide to get one of the two. Have you had a bad experience with HCA or know something about it that I should know?

Thanks diamondseeker2006 for the feedback. She did mention to me that she liked that vintage ring I picked out from JA but I know that she originally mentioned that she wanted a Tacori which is why I want to present her that option before I finalized my decision. I don't want her to have any regrets later. My preference is to get the diamond and ring setting from one place if possible. I will try to ask JA if they can run an Ideal Scope for me if I decide to buy one of those two diamonds.

Has anyone had any experience with www.since1910.com??? Good or bad I would like to hear them.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lifetime warranties on settings are pretty worthless. In any event, a Tacori setting would have a warranty from Tacori for any defects when bought from an authorized dealer. It is extremely rare for anyone to come here with setting defects if the setting is decent quality at the outset. Wear and tear are not going to be covered, so you take good care of your rings and have insurance coverage for loss or major damage. I would buy Tacori from Whiteflash or Good Old Gold because they both carry superior diamonds with photos and light return images. Since 1910 does not provide as much information. You will be paying significantly more for a Tacori setting than the one you were looking at from JA, though. They are beautiful, though.

Here...almost $12k without the center stone!

http://www.tacori.com/engagement/ht232612x.html

Much better at $5600

http://www.tacori.com/engagement/2623rdsmp.html

I have to say, though, I'd recommend Caysie van Bebber to make something similar to these. See CVB Inspired Design on Facebook or the thread of some of her pieces in Show Me the Blind.

palmersj

Rough_Rock
marc1777|1427580820|3853852 said:
Niel thanks for your feedback on Whitefash but they don't mention that they provide lifetime warranty for the ring setting. I also found a similar tacori ring from www.since1910.com.... I remembered that she mentioned that some of her friends got their ring there and they provide lifetime warranty on their setting like JA. I figure having lifetime warranty is good or does anyone think otherwise?

http://www.since1910.com/tacori-4625rd-marquise-shaped-diamond-engagement-ring

Thanks danielxlin for the feedback. I can't tell if it is brighter than the other one. It is about 400 more than the other one but I am leaning toward that one too because of that inclusion in the middle if I do decide to get one of the two. Have you had a bad experience with HCA or know something about it that I should know?

Thanks diamondseeker2006 for the feedback. She did mention to me that she liked that vintage ring I picked out from JA but I know that she originally mentioned that she wanted a Tacori which is why I want to present her that option before I finalized my decision. I don't want her to have any regrets later. My preference is to get the diamond and ring setting from one place if possible. I will try to ask JA if they can run an Ideal Scope for me if I decide to buy one of those two diamonds.

Has anyone had any experience with www.since1910.com???? Good or bad I would like to hear them.

I wouldn't let the inclusions be much of a factor in your decision making in the two choices above. A VS2 clarity means that a trained gemologist will have some difficulty finding inclusions with 10x magnification. I know some here will argue that not all vs2 stones are eye clean, but you can be almost completely confident that you're fine with vs2 and above. Plus you should always have a solid return policy should you receive the stone and realize it's just not what you thought you were getting. Hope this helps.

palmersj

Rough_Rock
I've heard nothing but good things about Whiteflash. I didn't purchase from them, but frequent this site for quite a while.

marc1777

Rough_Rock
I talked to my fiancee and we are going with the JA setting I choose below. I think Tacori are nice but very expensive and she said she is okay with the JA one.

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/vintage/platinum-floral-scroll-engagement-ring-item-41148

I have to thank you all for your comments because they made me think and do more research. I did some more reading on HCA and they did mention that HCA gets no info on symmetry, polish and minor facets; use it only to reject likely bad performing diamonds to narrow down your final selection. Ideal-Scope images and independent appraisers can help after that.

I also read about Hearts and Arrows diamonds because I noticed that one of the JA diamond Niel suggested to me which I put on hold and asked for an Ideal Scope on it like you guys suggested and JA said that they will provide it to me in about 2-3 days from yesterday. I will post the Ideal Scope here when I get it from JA so I am hoping you guys can give me feedback on it.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.25-carat-g-color-vs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-490848

I read about Hearts and Arrows and read about what to look for and found out some other interesting info.

http://www.heartsandarrows.com/hearts-arrows-ideal-cut-diamonds-america-cut-grades-arrive.aspx

There is a presumption in the trade today that the Excellent Cut designation on GIA reports is synonymous with Ideal or Hearts and Arrows cutting. While it is a fact that all true H&A Ideals submitted to GIA would garner their top grade, one should not assume that all “Triple Excellent” stones are automatically Hearts and Arrows. It is important to understand what Excellent means and how the GIA arrived at their top grade.
Reflecting on the development of the GIA Cut Grade GIA’s Tom Moses wrote, “The most exciting and reassuring conclusion of our research is that there is no single set of proportions that define a well-cut round brilliant diamond. Our research has shown that many different proportions can produce attractive diamonds.”
In 2005, Tom Yonelunas, CEO of the GIA Laboratory made this claim about their new system, “Diamond manufacturers will be able to cut round brilliants to a wider range than the current norm and still achieve top grade, great-looking diamonds. These findings will potentially allow for greater yield and greater weight retention from the rough.”

So this means that GIA Excellent cut grading is broader compared to Hearts and Arrow or Ideal cut. Is this what you guys were trying to tell me before? If so Thank you for that! I now realize the benefit of an AGS Certificate that comes with the Light Performance test vs a GIA that does not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearts_and_arrows

Less than 1% of the world's diamonds are cut to hearts and arrows optical symmetry precision. This is in large part due to the greater amount of rough diamond that necessitates additional polishing to create diamonds with this precise optical symmetry. Diamond polishers take up to three times longer to cut diamonds of this quality and nearly 15% greater waste of the original diamond rough material is lost.[1] Using 100X magnification and analysis through all stages of production, the artisanal cutters create perfection at 10X global standards for grading and evaluation. It is for these reasons that this diamond cut is sold at a premium and are more expensive than average/inferior cut diamonds.

Makes me appreciate them more because of the extra time, effort, and other complexities involved to make them.

Both website called out the specs below for Hearts and Arrows diamonds:

Pavilion angle range: 40.2° - 41.2° (40.6° - 40.8° is optimum)
Crown angle range: 33.4° - 36.4° (34° - 35° is optimum)
Table size range: 53% To 58% (54%-57% is optimum)
Lower girdle halves length range: 75% To 80% (77% is optimum)
Star facets length range: 40% To 58% (45%-50% is optimum) [2]

How come they don't mention Depth?

I am definitely learning a lot more about diamonds/vendors/warranties. You feedback made me think and learn more. Among other things, I now understand more the importance of cut/specs vs color/clarity so I just wanted to take the time to thank you all for taking the time to leave me your feedback/comments! Thank you Niel, diamondseeker2006, danielxlin, palmersj! It is greatly appreciated!

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The star length for the diamond you posted is 49% and lower girdle facets are 75%. This is found on the AGS report. Did they send you an image of the hearts and arrows? I thought all their true hearts diamonds had images posted of the hearts, but I guess not.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pfunk|1427649265|3854171 said:
The star length for the diamond you posted is 49% and lower girdle facets are 75%. This is found on the AGS report. Did they send you an image of the hearts and arrows? I thought all their true hearts diamonds had images posted of the hearts, but I guess not.
They used to. I'm not sure why they dont anymore.

OP, sticking with the 3 stone is a great idea sounds like it'll be unique in her area and will provide a whole lot of bling.

Just in case she was interested in larger side stones, I'd look into this one too. I know the side isn't as vintage, but they will millgrain the shank similar to the vintage one you like to give it that vintage feel, and they do that for free, last I checked.

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/three-stone/platinum-three-stone-round-and-pave-set-diamond-engagement-ring-item-2429

marc1777

Rough_Rock
Thanks pfunk. I actually did more research online and I was able to figure that out too. They said that it will take 3-5 days so I will post it here when they email it to me. I wish JA did post it in their website like some vendors do but I guess everyone has different policies.

I think having the two diamonds that big on the sides takes away from the middle diamond. Doesn't it? But I will ask her. Thanks for your comments and suggestions Niel. You have been very helpful so Thank you!

marc1777

Rough_Rock
So based on what I have learned so far, I am trying to see if they are any good Ideal Cut diamonds available. It would be good if they had dimensions, Aset/Ideal Scope/Hearts info available at their website. My budget for the diamond is under 11K and I am looking for Carat: 1.24 or higher, Color: G or higher, Clarity: VS2 or higher(maybe SI1 if it looks clean). I heard F and G are pretty much the same but is there a difference between a G and H? on a scale of 1 to 10 what would it be?

It would be good if they meet/close to the following dimensions too.
1.) Pavilion Angle: range 40.2° - 41.2° (40.6° - 40.8° is optimum)
2.) Crown Angle
Crown angle: range 33.4° - 36.4° (34° - 35° is optimum)
3.) Table Size
Table Size: 53% To 58% (54%-57% is optimum)
4.) Lower Girdle Halves
Lower Girdle Halve length: 75% To 80% (77% is optimum)
5.) Star Facets
Star Facet Length: 40% To 58% (45%-50% is optimum)
6) Depth between 59 – 61.8%

I have been looking around too. I found this nice one with Niel's help. Thanks Niel!
Let me know what you guys think of this one?

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone here has time and can help me find more diamonds for my fiancee. Please send me the links here if you find any. Thank you in advance.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marc1777|1427661547|3854216 said:
Thanks pfunk. I actually did more research online and I was able to figure that out too. They said that it will take 3-5 days so I will post it here when they email it to me. I wish JA did post it in their website like some vendors do but I guess everyone has different policies.

I think having the two diamonds that big on the sides takes away from the middle diamond. Doesn't it? But I will ask her. Thanks for your comments and suggestions Niel. You have been very helpful so Thank you!
Well, actually, they are only about 30 points each. That's not that large. The difference is the one she liked the stones are so small they are more like accent stones than a true three stone. To your point, yes, stones too large can effect how large you perceive the stone but ideally you want to get a gold ratio. One moment let me find a chart.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This doesn't have the size of your accent stones from the original vintage ring, but it'll still help I think.

Also, I love that G, hopefully she likes it. If she wanted colorless, I think a G is a fair balance. It'll be very white bit ease the pocketbook by being right outside colorless.

uploadfromtaptalk1427670485755.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results