shape
carat
color
clarity

Question--Did we get a great deal on this OEC?

Kittenmom

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
New member here. I have a question about an old European cut diamond my fiance recently bought for me... (online--Ebay). Here are the EGL stats:
1.16ct, color-J, clarity-VS1, no fluorescence, polish and symmetry-"good," large culet, girdle--thin to think, measurements: 6.45x6.42x4.27mm, depth--66.4%, table-44%, crown-19.1%, pavilion-41.8%
Here's a Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mep8kr0qsHs&feature=youtu.be
The diamond finally arrived at our home this week, and I fell in love with the stone immediately!
My fiance and I are working with a local jewelry designer who is creating an art nouveau setting (white and green recycled gold) for the diamond... It's going to be beautiful, I think!
My concern is this: This stone was priced on Ebay at $3900. When I was searching around online, specifically on Old World Diamonds' site, I found three diamonds with almost the exact same stats and the prices were much higher--$5500-$6800. I've also plugged the stats in a few other sites and saw similar prices... Why the huge difference? Did we just get a great deal??
Our jewelry designer looked at the stone yesterday and said the stone looks great, no surprises after viewing the EGL paperwork...
Any input would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results