carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, sleep dust heading your way.

Marty told me to follow him over to our guest wing and called me "miss observant". He painted a picture of all the Killer Rabbits and had it hanging in the hallway and I haven't been to that side of the house since Sunday. I think it turned out really good.

_28351.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-that painting is awesome! I love it! Marty is a talented painter, huh? That seems like it would be so fun. I have zero artistic ability. I'm anxiously awaiting the results of your Ritani video conference. So exciting!

Rod-how's Sakai today? I imagine that feeding tube is so incomfortable. Plus a cone. I hope everyone got some sleep.

Dee*Jay-my other pair of glasss are brown on the outside, Aqua on the inside, with small silver polka dots down the arms. I have had glasses since 3rd grade and I've had some ugly ones over the years. I love picking out funky frames now! I just have to get over the initial awkward feeling of wearing them and I'll be fine.

I was 2 hrs late for work today. Since I already had over 50 hours in, I decided to sleep in a little and it sure felt nice. I left at my actual real quitting time, so it was a wonderfully short day. I am so happy I have nothing planned for the weekend. Ahhh... Have a wonderful, restful evening!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THe sleep dust helped. Yes it did. Sakai slept last night, so we slept. Charlie wound up removing the code around her neck and she's so much calmer now. We've gotten closer to her maybe eating. She at least sniffed at her food and even licked a nugget, but didn't eat it. The vet suggested that if she's still not eating real food by tomorrow, we should come and get some liquid steroids which they said would make her hungry to eat. I guess we'll try it.

I'm so glad it's the weekend. It's been a tough week with me trying to keep up at work and with Sakai being very sick.

The painting is good Marcy, but I wouldn't let any children see it...........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Deegee, I knew Marty could draw but he is really getting good at it. When I do downstairs his bar top is covered with sketches he has been working on. Speaking of funky glasses I had a pair of black cats eye with rhinestones in junior high; they were by far my goofiest looking pair of glasses. I am delighted to hear you went in late and left work on time today. Have a fabulous and relaxing weekend.

Rod, I am delighted to hear Sakai slept better and is doing better today. That’s great she is at least acting interested in food. I am sure getting the cone off felt great. So after she starts eating again the tube can come out? I am sure you, Charlie and Sakai will have a quiet weekend so I hope you all get rested and Sakai starts feeling better. Funny thing about the Killer Rabbits; kids love them.

I am glad you guys like Marty’s Killer Rabbit painting. This is a newfound talent for him but I think he is doing great with it.

I think the Ritani EC diamonds are very nice but I think I could get something easily $1000 cheaper. I have to admit the gemologist who called me was very nice and didn’t pressure me at all. They have them on reserve for me until Monday. I have things I can trade at Jareds or at Shane Co that would defray quite a bit of the price and I am sure their prices would be in line with Ritani’s. BN seem to have the lowest price online.

The addition to my emerald ring looks pretty good. I will get some pictures tomorrow.

We had breakfast for supper. We had fried potatoes, toast, bacon and poached eggs. Marty tried the eggs in boiling water; what a weird way to cook eggs but they were good.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the EC ring with the new bigger diamond. I will wear this ring now.

ecredo.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Deegee, you work so many hours it makes me tired just reading about them! How do you track your time?

Rod, I'm so glad your lovely kitty is on the verge of eating again! And it's great you are all got some real sleep!

Curby, your glasses with the rhinestones sound awesome, ha ha! And where did that lovely ring come from? I don't remember seeing that before?!?

Today I have pretty much nothing to do... :errrr: I could go into my office and keep working on that big project, but I am at the point that I need things from other people to be truly effective so I will likely wait 'til Monday when I can get more done in the same amount of time. I do have an ollllld laptop that has a few files on it I want and I might try to fire it up and see if I can get the info. This thing is from when I first became a real estate agent and I think there are only two things I would like to have so it's not a tragedy if I don't get it, but I'm going to give it a shot. I also want to make a new marketing list because I stopped sending out monthly real estate postcards to my clients at some point and I need to review the addresses and get that started up again. Other than that, I'm just waiting to hear from a client on whether they want to go to a couple of open houses this afternoon. And the poor CB is up at his two flat repairing some plumbing. The first floor tenant called on Thursday morning and said she was doing dishes and all the sudden noticed her feet were wet. He said it's an easy fix, but you know how stuff like that goes... what looks like a one hour project can end up taking two days if there's more going on there than meets the eye!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday Ladies! We slept again last night. Sakai still won't eat real food, so we're stopping by the vet this morning to get some liquid steroids, which will hopefully push her to eat. If she won't eat, it will not be good for a final outcome.

Today is Charlie's birthday! I'm taking him to a new restaurant tonight, which is supposed to be really great. Otherwise, we're going to the jeweler to pick SIL's ring we're giving her and my ring which was resized a tad smaller.

I agree with DeeJay, deegee's work schedule makes me tired just reading about it. Maybe it would be OK if you yourself had a lazy Saturday?

Have a great day everyone.......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday!

Dee Jay, that emerald ring was my first fine jewelry purchase and I always liked it enough to never get rid of it but it also never got worn just because it needed a bit more bling. I’ll post a before picture for you. The diamond I had put on it was a pendant that I was never wearing.

Yes my black rhinestone glasses were completely hideous and I was using summer blonde then so I have very blonde hair. I wouldn’t even show Marty a picture of me then. Ha!

You are in the hurry up and wait mode with your project. Marty always has that problem too. I hope you are able to retrieve the files off your old laptop.

I get occasional postcards from my “lame” real estate agent; I just chuckle thinking like I’m going to contact you if I need a real estate agent.

Is the weather nice there this weekend? We are going to be near 70 today and in the 60’s tomorrow. Sweet.

I hope your client wants to go house shopping today and finds a place they love. Tell CB good luck with his repair project.

Rod, I hate to hear Sakai still isn’t interested in eating. I hope the steroids make her hungry. Good luck at the vet. I am glad to hear you all slept well though.

Happy Birthday, Charlie! Dinner at a new restaurant sounds fabulous. We actually got a really decent new restaurant here about a year ago; we are going there Wednesday to take a friend out for her birthday.

I know you are having nice weather there.

I will be anxious to hear how the heirloom ring turned out. I hope your ring will fit better now.

Deegee, I agree with Rod; I hope you have a very relaxing Saturday. You deserve it.

Marty is playing golf today and I am working on laundry. I really need to pick up this place too. I am really good about taking care of stuff but Marty isn’t. So once he starts leaving things setting around I follow suit.

Marty posted his Killer Rabbit portrait on FB to get suggestions for naming it. The one he picked is fabulous; “Receding Hare Line”.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

img_7477.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday to dear Charlie! I hope you and have a marvels dinner!

Wow -- what a difference the new diamond makes Curby! I really love the ring now!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Macry, the new stone in the ring makes a HUGE HUGE difference!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Dee Jay and Rod! I definitely will wear the ring now. :wavey:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-the new stone really adds some punch to the ring. Beautiful! I imagine you have so many pretty things in your jewelry box. I keep meaning to buy a stone for my old ering setting, but I can never seem to get around to it. Love the title for Marty's artwork. A few of my friends got together a few weeks ago for an evening of art, where they got smashed and painted. They actually turned out some really cool looking paintings. Maybe my problem is that I try to paint while I'm sober. I've never had rhinestone glasses, but the silver polka dots on my new pair are glittery!

Rod-glad you got some sleep. The steroids should help with appetite. Poor baby has to eat! Are you able to leave the cone off? Animals always look so miserable with those things on. Happy birthday to Charlie! Enjoy dinner at the new restaurant! I hope the ring turned out nicely.

Dee*Jay- I never understood why we got post cards at our old house from random realtors showing the houses they'd sold. Was it so we'd call them if we ever decided to sell our house? I'm really strict about keeping accurate time, even though I don't get overtime. I pull up my time sheet immediately after turning on my computer in the AM, and it's the last thing I do before turning my computer off at the end of the day. I do the same if I work from home. I'm pathetically honest about it, and I get really ticked off when I hear people who are not working on the project insinuate that we cheat on our time sheets. I wish I had half of your energy. What's your secret?

I had a glorious night of sleep last night. I feel so rested today! Poor Matt got suckered into helping a coworker move this morning. I wouldn't have hesitated to say no, but Matt is a better person than I am. His buddy has historically said to coworkers who ask for help "a man of your means can afford to hire movers" and he doesn't help. Matt reminded him of this, but helped anyway. The guy sure didn't help us! My exciting day today has consisted of doing laundry and taking Lily for a quick walk. It's 24 out...what the heck? I was tricked because the sun is shining so brightly. Have a wonderful Saturday!

PS-does anybody have a good, easy Bloody Mary recipe? I've been craving one ever since I had those at brunch last week!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WE went to speak with our vet and get the steroid. Based on how we described how Sakai is acting, she seemed encouraged. She said it can take a couple weeks for a cat suffering from Pancreatic illness to show signs of improvement. So we're feeling a little better.

Just got back from our jeweler. My ring is now perfectly sized and so much more comfortable. It was just too loose. Now it fits just right. They did a great job with my mother's sapphire and diamond ring. The new shank looks perfect. Here are a couple pics:

img_1730.jpg img_1729.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rod-the ring looks like it turned out great! That's an awesome piece of jewelry. I'm glad your ring is better too. I would like to have my band sized, but I'm afraid with warm weather coming my hands will swell. I'm going to wait for a while. I hope Sakai is feeling better. Our pets are our children, and it's hard to see them so sick.

I slept in again today and am finishing up the laundry, Matt has been working late too, so we haven't touched laundry in a few weeks. The hamper is now empty, and I have washed every article of clothing, towels, sheets, and anything else that could possibly be washed. Next week at work is Jeans Week. Pay $10 for the fundraiser, and wear jeans and tennis shoes all week. So, since I only had one pair of jeans that fit since I have gained weight, we trotted off to kohls last night. It was much easier finding things when I wore a 4. I wear an 8-10 now, which must be a popular size because I only came up with two pairs after a heck of a lot of digging and searching. The cashier was having a bad day and, since I let her vent, she gave me a stack of scratch off coupons and told me to scratch until I got a 30%. I sure couldn't work retail because rude customers would drive me insane, but Matt and I had her laughing by the time we left. We're heading out to go grocery shopping, and I have a few hours of work to do when we get back. I need some quiet time to work on documents, and I have yet to find a quiet place at work. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Deegee. I'm glad you were able to find some jeans that fit. In my last job, we could only wear jeans on Friday and the month of December if we made a donation to the Wounded Warier Project. That's the only charity we could donate to, but I did it for the opportunity to wear jeans for an entire month. In my new job, we can wear jeans every single day. They said if I want to wear shorts during the summer months, it would be OK too!

We slept a bit later this morning, which was really nice. We finally found a new way to get the 30ml of liquid in Sakai's feeding tube without her struggling. We went for about a 4 mile walk this afternoon. We live very close to Tampa's Riverwalk and they just opened a new section this Friday, so we walked it all, which was fun. It was very crowded, but the new section is really pretty, with lot's of new shaded areas with benches to just sit and people watch.

I had a grilled new york strip, Charlie had salmon, and we fixed fresh spinach with lot's of fresh garlic. So good.

I hope everyone has a great start to the new week!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rod-every time you post something about your new job, I get more and more jealous! Shorts? To work? Crazy talk! Our dress code is to wear appropriate clothing just in case the governor drops in. I don't really care is the gov sees me in jeans, so I wear colored jeans every day! Of course, that's a no-no at my regular office but I'm working ridiculous hours at an offsite location, so nobody has said anything to me. I'm also jealous of your walking path. That sounds so awesome!

Marcy-what kind of over the glasses sunglasses do you use? Or do you have prescription sunglasses? I'm trying to give my eyes a break from contacts, but I sure do need something for the sun!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry deegee. I don't mean to make anyone jealous. I did land in a nice and relaxed environment for sure, but it's still a commission shop and there's plenty of pressure to place people.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

Deegee, thank you; I think the new diamond really changed my ring. Painting while drinking sounds great. I know (or so I think) I am more creative with alcohol in my system. I bet you felt great after getting a lot of sleep. Poor Matt helping with moving. Marty always gets suckered in to that too. Sorry to hear you had cold weather. Good deal on getting 30% off at Kohls. I have prescription sunglasses. I bought some red Ray Bans right before I quit wearing contacts so I had them made in to prescription glasses.

Rod, the sapphire ring turned out fabulous. I am glad your ring fits good now. That is good news the vet things Sakai is where coming along as expected. It will be a tough few weeks for all of you but hopefully she’ll get her appetite back. That’s great you found a way to get more the liquid in Sakai’s feeding tube. It sounds like you had a nice relaxing weekend and enjoyed a lovely walk.

So I went in today to look at EC diamonds for earrings and see about upgrading my 1.17 carat 6.5mm round Kentucky Blue Sapphire. The first 4 KB sapphires they brought me really didn’t look much larger than what I had. Then he brought out the one I bought and about then I was deciding forget the earrings and lets see what can I trade to help me walk out of here not feeling guilty?

The cut is a square cushion and is 1.90 carats with 7.98 x 5.96 measurements. Once the removed the old stone from my ring I tried holding the new stone over it and get my sister to take a picture of it for me but she didn’t know how to take pictures on my phone. Rats. I think it will look pretty cool though. I’ll post pictures Friday!

He did have 2 EC about .62 carats each they looked good enough for a pair of earrings but one was a G and one as an I. The I definitely looked yellow. They were about the same price as my 1 ctw ACA studs and I just won’t spend that much on this project. I think the size would look fabulous in dangles though. I’ll have to figure that out at some future date when I find some extra cash saying “spend me, spend me”.

We had a great day. My sister bought all of her family and us a ticket to go to a fundraising Japanese dinner and then she and I went jewelry shopping and Marty and my BIL went to the art store and Cabellas.

We all met up again for supper then got home about 8:30.

Have a great Monday!
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

We had gorgeous weather here again today. Snow is in the forecast though. BOOOOOOO!!!!

The roast I was going to cook today was still frozen this morning so I didn't start it in the crockpot - that means we had window food for supper. Easy dishes too. Sweet.

I have busy work to do tonight but for some reason I'm just not interested in it. Maybe I'll do something during every commercial.

I hope you all had a wonderful Monday. :wavey:

Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snow? Boo is right!

Sakai has made some progress! She drank some water on her own for the first time in over a week and the best news, is she showed some interest in food and even ate a little bit of some canned food this evening. That's huge. HUGE!

I hope you all had a good Monday.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am delighted to hear Sakai drank water and ate a little bit of food. That is huge progress. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Yes, Snow. I can send you some. :lol:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're feeling encouraged about Sakai for the first time since this started over a week ago!

Thanks for offering to send snow, but me thinks I'll pass. We're planning to go to the beach on Saturday, and have a picnic and watch the sun set in the Gulf of Mexico. Snow just won't go along with that at all. No it won't!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rod-glad to hear Sakai has made progress! I'll keep my fingers crossed that she continues to do so and is on the road to feeling better.

Marcy-I am anxiously awaiting your new KB sapphire ring. How do you ever choose what to wear each day? I'd kind of like a Montana sapphire for my old ering setting, but I don't want to spend that much. I need to expand my pitiful RHR collection from 3 to 4.

Today was super long, and I'm going to bed. The best part of the day was moving our lunch meeting to Cracker Barrel. The scheduler of a lunch meeting should be required to provide food, in my opinion! Have a great Tuesday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Rod, I'm so thrilled to hear your baby is finally taking an interest in some food! That's definitely a sign that things are improving!

Curby, I keep forgetting to ask, whatever happened with the woman who claimed that Marty hit her car in California while we were having lunch in Arizona?

Deegee, feel like I should know what a Cracker Barrel is... but I really don't. Is it like an Applebees? Or is it more of a buffet place? My dad and his wife love them but I've never been.

So I am currently sitting in my parking spot in a law chair drinking wine out of a plastic cup and typing on my laptop (on which I can barely see the screen, so forgive any craziness that comes out of this post, ha ha!). I left my office early to meet another location scout here and decided to ttake advantage of the fact that it's sixty and sunny. The CB is stopping on the way home to get something to make for dinner, so I think I'll just hang out here "on the veranda" until he gets home or I get cold, whichever comes first!

BTW, is anyone going to the GTG in Vegas in May? I just booked tickets last night!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sitting next to Sakai who is chowing down on food as I type. It's the most BEAUTIFUL thing I've EVER seen. Nuff said!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rod-AWESOME news! I'm so glad to hear she's eating. I hope eating real food helps her to feel better too. Yay!

Dee*Jay-cracker barrel is down home, country cooking. I usually get dumplings, but yesterday I had scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy. We took one of our coworkers from India there for lunch a few weeks ago, and she didn't quite know what to make of the food. She has only been in this country since feb, so she hasn't learned our bad eating ways yet. Your afternoon on the veranda sounds divine. Fresh, not freezing air!

Hi Marcy!

Is it Friday yet? Have a great day tomorrow!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks deegee. It's beyond wonderful to see her eat real food. She hasn't eaten on her own in over a week.

About Cracker Barrel. I've heard it has down home food, but I'm afraid I will never eat in one. In the 90's, they went on a witch hunt and fired anyone they suspected was gay. If anyone's interested, here's a link from what they did at that time: http://www.nytimes.com/1991/02/28/us/company-ousts-gay-workers-then-reconsiders.html

Even as recent as 2010, they were ranked the 3rd worst company in the country to work if you're gay.

So, I'm afraid they will never see a dime from me, no matter how "down home" their food is.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Rod, I am so delighted and relieved to hear Sakai is eating today.

Don’t say I never offered to share my snow with you. Please, please enjoy the day at the beach and take us a picture of the sunset over the gulf. That would be awesome!

Deegee, I will be glad to help you expand your RHR collection. I am a total sucker for sapphires. I have one Montana sapphire ring; they are little teal sapphires. It has 3 on the ring and the center one got chipped and they couldn’t find a match for it so now I have a blue diamond in the middle. They are very close in color.

I agree the scheduler of luncheon meetings should provide food.

Dee Jay, we gave that lady we ‘hit” your name and she’s going to call you. Just kidding. We haven’t heard anything again. Who knows if that’s resolved though?

We were sitting on the patio for a while tonight but it’s in the shade and we both got chilly. I am glad you enjoyed some sun today.

I thought of going to the GTG. We could at least drink! I believe it’s on my birthday. It would be fun to meet some people. Of course the coolest people on PS on you guys on this thread!

I swore it was Wednesday most of the day at work. Wishful thinking I guess.

I think I should name my KB sapphire China or Michelin since the money for those things will be on my finger. Funny thing I dreamed about EC dangle earrings.

We had crock pot roast for supper with the trimmings and asparagus cooked on the grill. Like a dork I left the little piece of black plastic under the roast when I put it in the crock-pot this morning. Ssh. At least it was Styrofoam.

Have a great day tomorrow.

Marcy / Curby

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so far behind...

Rod, living near the river walk must be really fun. What a great place to walk, and gorgeous weather, too. I keep telling D. I need to "be among the palm trees" and he just laughs. So we're going on vacation this summer to meet my new niece, and where are we going? Oregon. Last time I checked, palm trees didn't grow there. I hope Sakai feels better soon. Poor girl.

Marcy, every once in a while I read Missy's thread and I've seen "NIRDI's" but I don't know what it stands for. Marcy, I love poached eggs. That's how they make eggs for eggs benedict. Yum! This fodmaps way of eating is strict in one sense but I can have potatoes, so we've gone out for breakfast often lately. I always get scrambled or poached eggs, bacon, and home fries. I can't have HFCS though unless I'm doing a challenge (kind of hard to explain), so I can't have ketchup with my scrambled eggs. Oh well.

Dee*Jay, I saw that you have an old laptop. We have two, soon to be three maybe if I bite the bullet and buy a new computer already. I want the hard drives wiped clean but how do I do that? I have SO MANY files on these computers, mostly work-related, and I'd hate to lose them. I guess I should boot them up and save everything to memory sticks. Ugh, that will take forever.

Deegee, we're only allowed to wear jeans on Fridays at my new school. I like your idea of colored jeans though. Hmm...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Rod, It sounds like Sakai is well on the way to recovery! That’s great! There was a time when The Demon wouldn’t eat and I tried everything I could think of, so when he finally started eating again I was so happy!

Deegee, I’m sure the food is definitely a culture shock for your coworker. Imagine the reverse – going from the land of pizza and McDonalds to curry and tikka masala and naan!

Curby, if the GTG is on your birthday then you MUST come, LOL! And yes, there will be drinking! Don’t feel bad about the little bit of black styrofoam under the roast… two years ago for my holiday party my assistant pulled the ham out of the oven and realized I had stuck it in there three hours before with the plastic thingie still stuck in it... oops!

Zoe, I really didn’t have much on my old laptop that I wanted, with the exception of a very few files that I emailed to myself, so that part wasn’t too bad. How to “wipe” it though… I have no idea. One of my neighbors is an IT guru and I will probably just ask him.

Last night the CB made some sort of chicken dish with mushrooms and butter and heavy cream and garlic… oh my!!! We’re having leftovers tonight!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results