shape
carat
color
clarity

My grandmas pearl project

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Your new "tornado" looks beautiful on you! The clasp is lovely and unique -- is that the original sapphire clasp from your grandmother's strand?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Kay|1409942147|3745549 said:
Your new "tornado" looks beautiful on you! The clasp is lovely and unique -- is that the original sapphire clasp from your grandmother's strand?

YUP! Original clasp! I am really glad Hisano was able to use it!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1409942867|3745555 said:

What a special necklace to be able to wear on your wedding day! I am sure your grandmother would be so pleased. When is the big day?

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett, your necklace is gorgeous!!! It will look beautiful on you, and what a nice link to your grandma. I LOVE that clasp. Boy they knew how to do things back then, eh?

Can't wait to see the tin cup too!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1409942867|3745555 said:

Love the original clasp! :love:

You must be enjoying all three new strands. Pls post lots of photos!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Here is the tin cup, which I am wearing today! It's so pretty. Again I will take better photos soon!
photo-26.jpg

cyndayco

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! I'm glad I chanced upon this thread after your necklaces were finished. The suspense of waiting day after day for the next post would have killed me.

About your scattered tin cup, how are the clustered pearls connected to one another? Are there chain links running through the pearls? Was each pearl wire wrapped and connected to one another? Or is it a soft wire threading the pearls together?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I believe each pearl cluster is put together with 1 wire, as the clusters are rigid.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1409941040|3745534 said:
Oh, I love your "tornado"! Please post close-ups of the clasp and tell us more about it.

Are you happy with the three pieces that arrived today?!

Forgive me for not pitying you and your blinding sunshine which drenches every corner of your home. It may not be best for pearl viewing, but must do wonders for the spirit.

Enjoy the sunshine and your beautiful new pieces and wear them in health!

The sunshine is great, except for pearl viewing and photographing, which I was looking forward too! :rolleyes:
BUT lucky me there's a thunderstorm tomorrow so I guess I'll use the rain to get better pictures, lol.

And I love all three of them. The tahitians really surprised me, they have a mirror like luster which is just so sharp, that look like little shiny rainbow balls. In indoor light they look very silver steely, and they change in different lighting. I love how pearls do that, it's like you get several different pieces from one piece!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ckrickett, I really enjoyed your pictures! What a fun and happy thread! I love how your tin cup is put together, such a pretty, romantic piece as is your tornado. Enjoy them :)) .

Kay

Ideal_Rock
That is such a pretty and unique tin cup design, and the colors look beautiful against your skin.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
photo_2_111.jpg

Best picture of the clasp I could take 14kt YG with a little sapphire

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Here are neck shots of all of them. I need to get better at taking pics of my pearls.

photo_1_121.jpg

photo_3_81.jpg

photo-26.jpg

I am in love with them all! :love: :love: :dance: ::) :bigsmile:

mapo

Shiny_Rock
all of the necklaces look great on you! but my favorite is the tin cup. :love: I would love to do something like that but with baroque and drop tahitians. :drool:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1410106448|3746475 said:
Here are neck shots of all of them. I need to get better at taking pics of my pearls.

photo_1_121.jpg

photo_3_81.jpg

photo-26.jpg

I am in love with them all! :love: :love: :dance: ::) :bigsmile:

All your necklaces are gorgeous :love:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
They are all gorgeous! The Tahitians are beautiful on your skin and the length is indeed perfect. The tornado has sentimental value and I love the retro style (after the Ruckus was over I wore mine the last few days in LA -- goes with everything). And the tin cup is utterly unique. Well done!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey:
ckrickett, you should be a happy Pearl Girl! :appl: They all are very pretty, so versatile, I love the tornado it's a classic. Good design never goes out.

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
mapo|1410110850|3746510 said:
all of the necklaces look great on you! but my favorite is the tin cup. :love: I would love to do something like that but with baroque and drop tahitians. :drool:

I was thinking the same thing! I think a 50 inch strand in this style with blue/green Tahitians and yellow gold would look stunning (and I don't even wear yellow gold).

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Pearl_Girl|1410142042|3746756 said:
mapo|1410110850|3746510 said:

I was thinking the same thing! I think a 50 inch strand in this style with blue/green Tahitians and yellow gold would look stunning (and I don't even wear yellow gold).

I'm going to borrow from this design and do another cluster tin cup in the future. With baroque Tahitians white SS and hopefully some baroque blue akoyas

I'd like that one either 36 or 54"

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
all three are beautiful but i'm in love with the torsade and wished my grandma had left me some pearls I could make into one,

Kay

Ideal_Rock
You have added 3 very different looks to your pearl wardrobe. They all look wonderful on you.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
You have hit it out of the park! All 3 necklaces are amazing and I know you'll have so much fun trying them out with different outfits. So different yet they all look so good on you!!!

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
wow! just agreeing with everyone else, all three necklaces are just perfect! like you almost don't need any others ever to have a complete pearl wardrobe! (right)

the tin cup is my favorite, as well, although the tornado is so startlingly awesome, you MUST wear it with jeans and t-shirts as often as possible! :)

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the same thought as KAY-can't you get a fabric swatch with a piece of the gold, silver and white embroidery? What is the base color of your dress? Here is my recommendation=get the one you like the best as you will be wearing it more than just the 8 hours of your wedding. If it is a future heirloom, your pearl expertise and taste should prevail over matching your dress.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results