color
clarity

Received my diamond from Adiamor. 2.0ct round Pic+video

phix90

Rough_Rock
2.0ct round
VS1
i Color
Excellent cut (They called it Affinity Ideal - their best diamonds - basically marketing for Hearts and Arrows selected diamonds)
Excellent Polish
Excellent Symmetry
GIA certified
Depth 61.5
Table 55
Crown 34.5 >
Pavillion 40.6>
HCA score 0.7

$17,387 TOTAL (with no tax and 1.5% bank wire discount)

Special thanks to diamondseeker for the help

Thats on my hand ( A guy ha)

Video:
View My Video

View My Video

img_7462.jpg

Attachments

• _100.pdf
    691 KB · Views: 126

phix90

Rough_Rock
no one?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is so far away from the camera that I cannot make out any details.

phix90

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1427398550|3852821 said:
The stone is so far away from the camera that I cannot make out any details.

iphone 6 didnt really focus too well. I took video which might be better. Either way it's s a super clean looking stone upon inspection and using my loop

phix90

Rough_Rock
added a new pic

img_2153.png

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
The diamond looks beautiful. Did they provide an aset image to see if there is any light leakage?
How do you like it seeing it in person?
Also what are the dimensions?

phix90

Rough_Rock
Madison2|1427403465|3852851 said:
The diamond looks beautiful. Did they provide an aset image to see if there is any light leakage?

Thanks!

As soon as I took it out and saw that it sparkled under my dim kitchen lights I was happy. First impression was it's very white and shimmers.

No Aset images. The company gets the diamonds from 100's of sources (they claim) and the providers don't send them the ASET imaging.

Dimensions are 8.07-8.11 x 4.98mm

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks very sparkly and has all the right numbers...is there something particular that you want us to address?

phix90

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1427404833|3852862 said:
Looks very sparkly and has all the right numbers...is there something particular that you want us to address?

Thanks for the comment. No, not anything in particular just reinforcing my purchase and that I made the right choice!

I mean a guy spends 17k on a diamond it better be good hah

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
phix90|1427410406|3852926 said:

Thanks for the comment. No, not anything in particular just reinforcing my purchase and that I made the right choice!

I hear ya!

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
phix90|1427404315|3852856 said:
Madison2|1427403465|3852851 said:

Thanks!

As soon as I took it out and saw that it sparkled under my dim kitchen lights I was happy. First impression was it's very white and shimmers.

No Aset images. The company gets the diamonds from 100's of sources (they claim) and the providers don't send them the ASET imaging.

Dimensions are 8.07-8.11 x 4.98mm

Nice Diamond! When are you planning to propose? Once she gets the ring on her finger, please come back and share pics on her finger.
I can't wait to see the finished ring. What setting have you picked?

phix90

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I think around late April I will pop the question. We've been together for 6 years now, I'm 29 she's 28.

Im going with this setting below. Place wants 5k for it, but I wouldn't pay that out of principle. It's worth 2k max so I need to negotiate with them.

img_7467.jpg

img_7469.jpg

img_7470.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone looks great! Definitely don't pay $5k for that setting! We can help you find something for much less if they don't go down a lot.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, 5K for a stock setting that's not even custom made is way too much to pay.
Its funny because I was looking at this setting similar to yours that I had seen on Adrianne Balon (she is from talk show The Real)
I love her ring and I found these pics of her setting which is very similar to yours.
I am thinking of going with Brilliantly Engaged as they do wonderful work and the ring will be custom made for my round dimaond and certainly will be less than 5K.

adrien_balon_ring_3.jpg

adrien_balon_ring_4.jpg

diamond_59.jpg

phix90

Rough_Rock
Very nice setting indeed! Wonder how many carats are on the side of that Madison. The one I showed is 0.7

The 5k is because it's in Manhasset, NY where the parking lot is filled with Ferrari's and Porsche's. Ridicuously marked up no doubt.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
phix90|1427468360|3853245 said:
Very nice setting indeed! Wonder how many carats are on the side of that Madison. The one I showed is 0.7

The 5k is because it's in Manhasset, NY where the parking lot is filled with Ferrari's and Porsche's. Ridicuously marked up no doubt.

Hey,
I am curious because I live in NY and sometimes drive to Manhasset to shop so I am guessing the store is located at Miracle Mile.
The stores there are very expensive. I am speaking with Chris today regarding my setting so I will let you know what the price range would be but remember it goes by how big your center stone and if you want cast or hand forged, I went with cast and the ring came out goreous and very delicate. They will do the setting in proportion to the center diamond.

My center round diamond is only 1.70 so I am guessing it would be less than yours however when Brilliantly Engaged did my setting for my 2.30 Cushion diamond for custom made setting in Plat. they charged me 3,250.00 with 1Ct diamonds in the setting.
The do magnificent work and located in NYC.

phix90

Rough_Rock
You guessed it. It's in that shopping center and the store is called Two by London.

$3,250 sounds great actually considering platinum and 1ct. Let me know how your conversation goes!

Thanks

beelicious

Rough_Rock
beautiful diamond!! funny story was I was looking at the exact same diamond but through another vendor, was told that the diamond is from India, and that shipping would be expensive and no refund. So I didn't get the diamond! please post more pictures when you have it set!

phix90

Rough_Rock
lol no kidding? I ordered from Adiamor.com and they said the diamond was overseas. I have 30 days to return and shipping was free. Not sure where u were looking

But now u get to see it atleast

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks like a lovely diamond! Job well done! As an FYI, the "affinity line" does not equate to true hearts and arrows. After reading the info on their site, they simply claim that the diamonds in the affinity line are cut to proportions capable of producing hearts and arrows. Just so you aren't surprised if you look at it through a H&A viewer.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
phix90|1427475215|3853309 said:
You guessed it. It's in that shopping center and the store is called Two by London.

$3,250 sounds great actually considering platinum and 1ct. Let me know how your conversation goes!

Thanks

Yes, I have been to Two by London, they have some nice stuff but very expensive.
My meeting with Chris at Brilliantly Engaged went very well and he showed me a different setting that he thought would go well with my diamond. I really liked it and now considering that ring. You can view his settings at Brilliantly Engaged website and choose Opulance Collection. I didn't get a price today from him because he said he will make up the specs and see how many diamonds my finger size would take then he will work all the numbers and get back to me. So thats where I am at.
He also showed me some different settings that he made and all of them were beautiful and custom made to fit your diamond demensions. If you are interested in seeing what he has to offer,make an appointment with Chris and tell him Dee from Pricescope recommended you. I am sure you will be able to find your setting in his collections. I feel for the price some of these stores are asking for settings that are stock settings you may be better off having one made to your specifications and pay less then what these stores are asking for rings that are not custom.
On another note, I went to visit a friend after seeing Chris and right next door to her office building there was another vendor with beautiful settings in the window so I stopped in just to check it out and one lady quoted me 4,200.00 for a white gold setting. I told her I paid 3250 for platinum custom made setting for my cushion diamond ring I was wearing on my finger and she looked at it and said I have a gorgeous ring, so I just thanked her and left.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on such a nice stone. I loved the video with the pink background. Very sparkly!

phix90

Rough_Rock
I went to TwoByLondon today and met with a gentlemen named Guy Spaulding. He seemed genuine and had a real passion for gemology and stones in general. He was their head gemologist. I am also no fool so I listened to what he had to say and made my own judgements taking into account what he was communicating to me which was to go with a platinum setting over white gold, and not to put much stock in the HCA score.

The stone he wanted to sell me was an identical one to mine, but had an HCA score of 4.0. However, it did appear to shine a bit better (more rainbows) Price was essentially the same but I would have to pay tax. The difference to me was more or less negligible so I'm not sold on swapping for that stone considering id have to shell out another $1300 in tax. He also wanted to show and sell me on SI clarity stones saying there was no point in my VS1 purchase. I politely said it was personal preference. I've noticed that many jewelers today are quick to try and sell the SI stones. Not 100% sure why, but I have an idea.

As for the setting he said they'd take off 25% of the retail price which came to $3600. I said that's still too much and that I'd consider it for 3k. I said my jeweler in the city could do it for $1850, but I'm willing to pay a premium to have it done exactly how my gf wants it (the one she looked at in their store) We left it with me coming back next weekend because he was adamant I go with platinum over white gold due to whitegold stripping overtime. He said the downside with platinum is it costs a bit more and doesn't shine as well. Upside is it's more durable and holds value better. I need to check with the gf if she's going to be disappointed with one over the other. Would rather I get this right the first time then have tears later. I've seen it with friends...mistake letting her involved in the process perhaps, but otherwise i'd be flying blind for the setting.

Oh and did I mention I was rear ended on the highway driving back home? Whole other mess...back bumper is totaled. No one hurt thankfully other than my beautiful 335IS that I worked so long to buy (yeah boohoo for the guy with the BMW) I know people are quick to say "whatever you can afford it", but I work hard and built everything I now have from only $50 in my checking account when I graduated college. End rant.

palmersj

Rough_Rock
phix90|1427410406|3852926 said:

It certainly looks like you made a fine choice. Great value for the specs imho.
Any florescence in the stone? Sometimes I and J stones can benefit from blue florescence. In any case, I give the stone a big thumbs up!

Lovefaith

Rough_Rock
phix90|1427468360|3853245 said:

I heard many great things about David Klass! He does custom rings! & is very very reasonable price! He Quoted me $1,600 For a Halo I believe total carat weight of the diamonds of the halo I wanted was 3/4 G Color & vs2-sI1 diamonds, Such an amazing deal! Kay's would of charged me $2,700 for that very same setting! Here's his email: [email protected]
& you can look at his work On Facebook if you want to see! :)

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
I think you have a beautiful diamond. I wouldn't exchange it for a SI1 diamond.

FYI, My setting for my cushion diamond is platinum. I was told by Brilliantly Engaged that for delicate micro pave Platinum would work best so that's what I got. Here is my cushion ring that Brilliantly Engaged did for me. I am glad I went with Platinum.
I will probably do platinum again for my round diamond too.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-my-8-main-cushion-diamond-ring-is-completed.208946/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-my-8-main-cushion-diamond-ring-is-completed.208946/[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results