carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

Rod, that is awesome you’ve done so well with the condo board and they now have cash reserves. We know exactly what you mean about everyone wants to complain but nobody wants to do anything. We ran our star party for 21 years and it was a full time job. We worked at it for months, ran a registration booth all day and tried to enjoy the stars at night. It was a weeklong working vacation for us and only the incredible skies at night made any of it worth it. People keep trying to rope Marty and I in to helping organize and run a big star party near Casper for the Astronomical League. We told them we did it for 21 years and now it’s someone else’s turn. That ship has sailed. I was pretty relieved my tire was okay too. I never gave it a thought that humidity would make your ring spin; our summers are hot and my rings are usually tight then. Your great great grandmother’s ring; how wonderful to hang it down through the family. It is a very pretty ring.

Dee Jay, I can’t say I’m surprised you’ve run some boards before. I like planning ahead to have meetings at the Betty Ford Clinic. Maybe we can check in the same week. I’ll bring the wine. Wait, will they let me in the door with Malbec in tow? I hope your clients found someplace with modern technology so they can sign the paperwork and get it back to you.

Deegee, you are still working a lot of hours, huh? I think I’m catching up with you this week and will be for about 8 more weeks. OMG I love “Suck it up Buttercup”. Can I use that on my employees? I tried to convince Marty you witnessed an A6 curby incident at a bank so that proves it’s the car; he didn’t buy it though. I do the same thing at work; if my badge doesn’t work I’m out of here. I won’t even ask questions; I will just go home, get in a recliner in the man cave and start yelling “Beer!” Are your multi-focal contacts soft lenses? I tried some of the gas perms and they were the most uncomfortable lenses I ever wore. I could see great with them though. I do remember feeling almost drunk the first few days because the vision was so different. I am glad you caught up on some much needed sleep this weekend. I am glad you found where your grandmother’s ruby ring it; it makes sense to give it to another July baby.

Marty’s grandmother had a large ruby ring (I’d say about 12 x 18mm) and I never thought it looked like a ruby. It’s not very saturated and has no inclusions, which is rare for a ruby that size. My SIL has it and was talking about getting it insured and I’d had enough to drink that I kind of blurted out I don’t think it’s a real ruby. No one was happy with me. Even if they bought it 60 years ago it still would have been pricey and trust me his grandparents couldn’t and wouldn’t have spent that kind of money on jewelry. Oh well liquor and inner dialogue don’t mix.

Zoe, congratulations on the arrival of your niece. How exciting. I am sure your parents will enjoy visiting your sister and their new granddaughter. Sorry your food plan is so bland and boring; sounds like most of what I eat. As Marty says; if it has flavor I usually can’t eat it. How exciting to get new furniture. Did you get everything all set up after it arrived?

We’ve had a busy weekend. We went to a meeting Friday night, Marty has been playing golf and I did lots of extra work for work plus ran errands and did laundry.

I turned in my emerald ring and 1/2 carat diamond to be sized and have the little diamond accent replaced with the larger diamond. I hope it doesn't look too goofy. The jeweler at the mall got in a pair of EC diamonds for me to come see; it was .78 ctw but they were smaller dimensions that I wanted and OMG they wanted my right arm and most of my leg for those babies. I said you know I can get these for about 1/3 of that online and they tried to argue "you don't know what you're getting" .... Suck it up Buttercups! :bigsmile:

I’ve been shopping for EC diamonds for earrings; what a chore. You don’t find them nice and neatly listed in pairs.

Have a great week.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it's clear out after sunset go out and look west. There will be a pretty crescent moon near Venus tonight.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-we went out after sunset but it was too hazy to see anything. Matt has been sky watching with his binoculars on clear nights since it has warmed up some. We have new neighbors the next house up the hill, and they have a blindingly bright light at the end of their driveway, which is messing up Matt's stargazing. I swear he's going to come home for lunch one day to find me sacked out on the couch because my badge didn't work. I won't ask questions! Please use suck it up, buttercup! That's totally my bad attitude these days. I am so bad when it comes to complainers. I wear daily disposable soft contacts because nothing else works for me. I'm out of my sample pack and am back to wearing my old prescription for a few days. One of my two new pairs of glasses came in Friday, so I decided to wear those today instead of old contacts. My new glasses are progressive lenses too so my whole world is swimming right now! I bet your SIL loved hearing your opinion about the ring. That would be a honkin big ruby! I remember grandmothers being a very deep, silky red, oval, and not real big.

Rod-Is your future SIL expecting the ring? If she has seen it, I bet she's excited! It's beautiful. I got my hand caught in a slamming door a few weeks ago and damaged my new sapphire ring. I finally took it to be fixed last week, and I'm sure missing it. Kudos to you for being president of the condo board for 4 terms! Glad you were able to do some good things. It takes a level headed person who doesn't rattle easily to do well in that role. I only went to one homeowners association meeting in our old neighborhood. I couldn't handle the whiners!

Zoe-congrats on being an aunt! I'm sure you're already in love with your new niece after seeing pictures! I adore my nieces and nephews. It's so much fun watching them grow and developing their own unique personalities. It is so much fun when we have kid weekends at Aunt Dee's!

I slept until about 9 this morning, and then got up and worked a few hours on work stuff. I needed to work more but I lost my VPN connection and I couldn't get it to work again. It was a sunny day, so we took Lily to the park for a nice walk. It was 55 degrees so it was still a little chilly for me, but it felt so wonderful to be outside in the sun. That's about it for my day. We're watching The WVU game right now and I can barely keep my eyes open. What is up with me? I usually go to bed at 1am, and I can barely make it past 10 these days. Have a great Monday!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, she knows she is getting a family heirloom ring, but she has never seen it and knows nothing about it. She won't see it until my brother and I give it to her after the wedding ceremony. She will be very shocked when she gets it, that's for sure!

I'm glad you slept in, but boo for doing some work on a Sunday. It was fate that made your VPN go out. Yes it was!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Deegee, are the contact lenses you’re trying the ones where there is a different prescription in the center than on the sides of the lens (I’m probably not describing that very well!) or do you have a different prescription in each eye? Someone I know just switched to the ones where you have a near view lens in one eye and a far view lens in the other and now that she’s used to it she likes it, but it was rough in the beginning.

Zoe, how exciting that you’re a new aunt! How did your furniture turn out? I’m still on a mission to buy some art for my place but the only thing I liked a lot (the 8’ x 8’ hand carved teak panel from Thailand) was too much of a risk because if it got here and I didn’t like it I was Screwed with a capital S… !

Rod, that ring is just marvelous and I think it’s such a great idea to share it with your future SIL! Please ask her to share hand shots of that and her other rings when the time comes because we would love to see them!

Curby, LOL on liquor and inner dialogue not mixing! So DID they ever get the ring appraised for insurance? I bet they did and were told it wasn’t real and never mentioned it to you. Have you looked at DBL for ECs in pairs? I’ve noticed matched pairs on that site more than anywhere else for some reason.

I didn’t do much on Saturday because I was waiting around at the beck and call of a client and they never reached out to me. Yesterday I did an inspection AT 8 O’CLOCK IN THE MORNING in a SUBURB. Seriously!!! It went well but there are some challenges to overcome in this deal. Really hoping this works out… Anyway, I went home and took a nap after that and then I was motivated to mop the floor. Doesn’t sound like much of a chore but at 2800 square feet and moving all the rugs and furniture (that can reasonably be moved – those Montauk sofas ain’t goin’ nowhere without a fight!) and an hour and a half later the placed looked great but I was TIRED!

Today we have snow. Really. WTF. Happy third day of spring Chcago!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I rpomise to take some hand shots when my SIL get's the ring. Sorry to hear you're still getting snow. Summer seems to have already settled in Tampa, but they do say we have one more shot of cooler air coming this weekend, with temps in the 60s! Yay!

Sounds like you got a nice workout mopping for sure!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Deegee, I am delighted to hear Matt has been doing some stargazing. There is a naked eye nova in Sagittarius right now. You can see it about 5:30 am local time. I hate to hear one of your neighbors has a boogieman light. That kind of bright harsh lighting is actually worse for security because of the glare and harsh shadows. My glasses are the progressive lenses and one pair I can see distance better and the other pair I can see close up better. I hope you adjust to all of your new lenses. I just looked up standard gem sizes and that would be about a 4 to 6 carat ruby depending on the actual size. You don ‘t find many nice rubies over a carat and if you do they cost more than the finest diamonds. I am sure my SIL and in-laws weren’t impressed with my blurting that out. Oh well, too late now. Ouch to catching your hand in a door - did you get hurt? I hate to hear that and also that your pretty ring got damaged. I love when my VPN connection won’t work; I have an excuse to say sorry I couldn’t get that done last night. I am glad you got out and enjoyed some sunshine. I will definitely keep Suck it Up Buttercup in my mind with my employees. I’ve heard it before but it really cracked me up when you wrote that.

Rod, the heirloom ring will be a nice surprise for you SIL. We definitely want lots of pictures of the rings, the wedding and the entire party! Are you guys getting a cake made too? Your favorite chocolate cake? I am sure 60 degrees is cold for you guys.

Dee Jay, I used a near and far distance contact for years and it worked great; then all of a sudden I got too blind and started to notice a fuzzy halo around one eye when I was driving or watching TV. I have never heard another word about the ruby ring and come to think of it when we were in Arizona last fall my SIL never had it on once. DBL has a small pair of EC studs with about .37 ctw. I need to quit looking I am driving myself crazy with that search. I hope you hear from your client soon and get a contract underway. I bet your place looked fabulous after cleaning the floor. I remember how awful our floor got when we moved in here since there was 12” of snow on the ground. I thought the wood was ruined forever but it cleans up well.

Work was painful and slow today. Hurry up May when I’ll be so bored I’ll wish we were busy again.

Marty cooked his brats and my burger on the grill tonight and we have some rice and raw veggies with it.

Take care.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, we have a photographer, so I won't really have any pics until we get them from her. But I will post some when I get them. No, we're not having a wedding cake made. We're having dinner at one of the best restaurants in the state, which just happens to be about 10 minutes from the resort we're staying at. I did let them know it was a wedding party when I made the reservations, but I didn't request a special desert. I am looking forward to getting the ring this weekend when it's ready with the new shank and then giving it to my SIL the night of our wedding!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rod-I'm getting excited for your wedding! I bet everyone involved is excited too. The location, the resort, the rings, the restaurant. It sounds so nice! I decided yesterday it was fate the VPN connection was down, but when I got to work today I discovered the server my stuff is on was down also, and hasn't come back up. I'm getting more and more behind and there's nothing I can do about it!

Dee-Jay-my contact lenses are like progressive lenses in glasses. The center is the strongest for distance, and the old lady eye prescription for close up is on an outer ring. I tried the mono vision lenses, but my left eye has gotten too bad for it to work right. I guess if these lenses don't work, my other option is to wear a pair of readers on a chain around my neck! I love coming home on cleaning day when they've mopped all of the hardwoods. They look great...for about an hour until Lily starts tracking stuff in from outside.

Marcy-I ordered 2 pairs of glasses in addition to a year's supply of daily disposable lenses. My eyes had changed so much from last year that I couldn't see out of either pair of glasses, and I have to have glasses with me at all times in case something happens to a contact lens during the day. I picked up the second pair of glasses today and I'm definitely seeing differently out of these than the first pair. I don't know if it's a getting used to thing, or something isn't right. I'll try them for a day or two before I go back to the eye dr. I spent over 6 hours there last week with all of the tests they did. I don't want to go back! I have only seen one EC diamond IRL, and it belongs to my boss. I hope you can find what you're looking for. I am thinking about asking the jeweler (when I pick up my ring) if he can convert my stud earrings into dangle earrings. They have jackets, so maybe set the studs in the jackets and make them dangly. I might wear those. I didn't hurt my hand...just my ring. The ring protected my finger from getting crunched.

Today was a long day, especially since I couldn't connect to the network. Luckily I had plenty of documents saved to my c drive I could work on. I ended up working 12.5 hours today. Every day I swear I won't work past 6, which is a 9 hour day. Somehow I always go over! Food today was slightly better than the weekend. Oats for breakfast, tomato soup and 1/2 peanut butter sandwich for lunch, and chili and grilled cheese for dinner. We took Lily for a walk after dinner for a little exercise. I'm so out of shape and our walk is very hilly, so we're starting out slow. Have a great Tuesday! I'm not working past 6!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Rod, I will be very anxious to see the pictures from your wedding. I am glad you hired a photographer. I remember now you were having dinner at a very nice place; I am sure they have fabulous desserts. I will be anxious to hear what your SIL thinks of that beautiful ring. How is your new job going?

Deegee, I am always excited to come home on days my cleaning lady is here too. I rarely cook supper that night because I don't want to get any water spots on the floor. Last night I sprayed a big gob of water all over the floor doing dishes. I hope your new glasses adjusted for you as the day went on. It's funny how the same prescription comes out different between glasses. The optical shop suggested it's just the size and shape of lenses and where they put in the progressive changes. Sounded good whether that's accurate or not I can't say. I think dangle earrings with your studs set in your jackets would look fabulous. If I could afford larger EC diamonds I would change them out for my current round dangles which are .44 ct each. Good think the ring protected your fingers; it got scrunched to save you. Did you leave work at 6?

That white 4 letter word is in our forecast tomorrow. Boo.

I had an awfully creepy dream last night. I was in my parent's house and found a billfold that was my dads full of old papers. I was going through it and he walked in and sat on the couch. I was all excited and happy to see him and asked him how he was and he said "I don't like it here" and then I woke up. Needless to say I didn't go back to sleep after that. I am okay today but it certainly is on my mind.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.

Marcy / Curby

Take care.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I suspect my SIL will be blown away by the ring. She is from Brazil and she is not pretentious, or ostentatious in any way. Her first husband was abusive and cheated on her. She is so genuine and has not a mean bone in her body. I know she will be happy and grateful to get this ring. That makes it very special for me.

The job is going well. I really like all the people I work with. When they said there are no filters, they meant NO FILTERS. But it makes the day fun. The only thing I miss about my old job is how close it was to home. My commute in the morning went from under 5 minutes, to nearly 40 minutes and I'm only going about 6 miles. In the evening it's worse.

I can imagine that dream was a bit unsettling. I don't know if I'm lucky in this or not, but I truly do not remember my dreams. I must dream, but I have no clue about what in any way. Charlie on the other hand, remembers his dream in absolute detail.

We have a VERY sick kitty. She just turned 17 and she was doing so well, but over the weekend, so got sick and by Monday she had to be rushed to the Cat Doctor. Yesterday cost $1200 to find out she has Pancreatitis and tomorrow we'll be spending another $1500 on an internist. She won't eat, so they'll be inserting a feeding tube for us to force feed her. Any prayers anyone has available would be more than welcome.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy- that was a weird dream. I understand not being able to get back to sleep. Those dreams leave you quite unsettled and it seems like you think about them all day. Don't you wonder sometimes what your brain is trying to do to you? I go through spells where I don't remember a single dream, followed by spells of very vivid and unpleasant dreams. Our forecast for tomorrow is 75, and that four letter word makes an appearance on Friday. Boo! I left work at 7:30, and got to work half an hour early so today was an 11 hr day. Better than yesterday! I took both of my glasses to work today to try them out. My eye dr said the same thing about the size and shape of the frames making a difference. The frames on the pair I like better lookswise hides the thickness of the lenses but I don't see as well out of them. I see better out of the pair that doesn't hide the thickness as well. Of course! Coke bottle bottoms it is!! I'm really missing my sapphire ring. I'll have to be more careful about slamming the door on my hand in the future.

Rod-it sounds like you really like your future SIL. That's great to hear! Most of the time I don't mind no filter at work, but sometimes I feel like I'm working with the 6th graders I used to teach and their potty humor. I prefer it to a super strict, afraid to say anything environment though. That stinks your commute got so much longer. I used to commute 2.5-3 hrs a day round trip, which changed to 40 minutes round trip when we moved last year. I'm sure enjoying it! Of course, I end up working instead of commuting... I'm sorry to hear about your sick kitty. It seems like when they get sick, they get sick really fast. Poor baby.

Today was the same ole same ole. Work, eat, and just about ready for bed. I brought a few documents home to read, but they'll have to wait until tomorrow. Food today-oats and a banana for breakfast, leftover chili for lunch, and Matt had spaghetti ready when I got home. No walk tonight because it's pouring rain and I'm a fair weather walker. Have a wonderful day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am so sorry to hear about your sick kitty. That is so awful and sad; I hope the internist can help her.

I am glad your job is turning out so well for you. Ugh that it takes you so long to get to work and back. Marty likes to tell me about his 20-second commute. I get to work in about 18 minutes or less depending on traffic if that’s what you want to call slow people in front of me.

I hate to hear about your SIL first husband. I am glad she got out of that life. She will treasure your great great grandmother’s ring.

I usually don’t remember many dreams either but this one upset me so it woke me up. I know there was a bit more conversation in the dream but I lost most of it when I woke up.

Deegee, I kind of know where the beginning of the dream came from I couldn’t find my copy of the contents of the wallet that we buried with my dad. It had such cool things and memories in it and I made everyone a copy of it all but I bet I didn’t keep one for me thinking I never wanted that memory. I’ve had the dream on my mind all day. My brain was certainly messing with me on that one.

I figure snow will be out of our forecast in about 6 weeks. It seems like a long winter.

You did do better on your hours today. I think you should just take Friday off with all the hours you’ll have worked by then.

Do you get the lightweight lenses? I do because my prescription is so bad.

Definitely try to keep from slamming doors on your hand, fingers or pretty ring. Did you chip any of the stones or just bend up the mounting?

I found 2 EC diamonds at Blue Nile I might be interested in for earrings. They are GIA; an E and an F. Here are the specs on them (as much as I can get). I emailed them to see if they would match for earrings and how much would it cost to mount them in earrings.

Laters,
Marcy

_338.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 1.36 and 1.37 are the LW ratio.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, they look amazing!!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Rod, I am so excited for your future SIL to get the ring, especially after the way you describe her!

Deegee, somehow I missed that you slammed your hand – yowch!

Curby, Ooh – I can’t want to see what they say about those stones!

Yesterday was long… I met with the property manager (who I hate – and the feeling is very mutual) to go over the roof bids and just based off of the very first item in the bid specifications I think the proposals are invalid (long story based on a small detail that matters A LOT). I also did a bunch of other things yesterday that don’t sound like much if I write them out, but somehow they took up the entire day… Today I am trying to wrap up a project that I’ve been doing for several days now and it will be great to finally get that off my plate!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday Kids.

Rod for some reason I am excited to get little EC studs. I've always wanted them. The last little portion of the estate will be spent foolishly on little sparkly things. My dad would be proud.

Dee Jay, I haven't heard from BN yet. I may just order them tonight. If I don't like them they'll be easier to return that way. The property manager sounds like a real charmer. How could he not like you though? Roof bids are so fun. I imagine for a big building in a large city they will be even more fun. Good luck with that. Little projects add up quickly. I finally got my nails painted last night. First time I've had the time in months.

We had snow on the ground this morning but it warmed up to the 40s so it's melted now.

Marty is bored today waiting on prices from vendors. He worked late last night and probably will tonight. He is putting in Deegee hours this week.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I just got the standard canned response from BN that basically says that while the diamonds you are interested in appear to have similar qualities we would have to compare them side by side to see if they truly matched. Rather than offering to do that for me they want me to call in and ask them to have their suppliers find me a nice matching pair. Which I am sure means more money on them than I want to spend. Decisions decisions. If I go higher in price I'll pick a place that offers videos and images.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm surprised at the response you got. Plus on earrings, I'm not sure they have to precisely match. They won't be seen side by side on your ears. Do me a favor, call Whiteflash and ask for Liza. Tell her Rod sent you and you're on Pricescope. Tell what you want and I'm betting she'll do a great job for you.

Our poor kitty had a really rough day. We had her see the internist (for another $1000) and we have good/bad news. The good news is they don't think that even at 17 years old, she's ready to leave us. But she has Pancreatitis, and Gall Stones. They're not concerned about the Gall Stones, but the Pancreatitis makes her nauseous, which means she won't eat on her own. So they inserted a feeding tube through her nose, which had to attached with stitches and protected by a collar, making her look pathetic. And we have to push 30ml of liquid nutrition through the tube 4 times a day, plus give her 3 pills, 3 other liquid medications twice a day. I'd post a picture, but it's too pathetic looking. It took the vet an hour to show us how to give her everything she needs.

Charlie was supposed to go to New York next week to visit his family, but with me working full time, he's going to have to postpone the trip to get her through this.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rod-oh, your poor baby! I hope she does well with the medicines, and that the feeding tube keeps her nourished. That's good Charlie postponed his trip. Pets are such a part of the family, and that's so wonderful you're both there for her. Does she seem to be doing okay with the feeding tube stitched to her?

Marcy- Too bad that BN's response was so generic. I can't wait to see what you end up with though! I do have the thinnest plastic lenses for my glasses. About 5 years ago, I had a bad concussion complete with post concussion syndrome. My left eye went from -5 to -7 just like that. Now it is -9.25, and even though I have the thinnest, lightest material available it is still fairly thick. My right eye is -7.5. I wore the pair of glasses I see best out of and got all kinds of compliments today. They look great from the front and I guess the temple and arm hide a lot of the thickness. Maybe I'm just paranoid! And I've already worked 41 hours this week. I should take Thursday and Friday off!

Dee*jay-working on a whole lot of little things all day really adds up to a super busy day! Yep, I smashed my hand. It wouldn't be a complete week if I didn't hurt myself somehow! I don't eve think I told you guys about my latest incident involving Lily, the couch, and my black eye. Oy.

I got my sapphire ring back today. Yay! If I could have found the time, the jewelry store where I bought it was going to send it back to Spark to be repaired. I never made it down town before they closed for good, so I took it to the hunky AGS jeweler near work. I never posted pics to show you how pretty the blue really is. Sadly, I smashed my hand within a month of getting the ring, so I haven't worn it much. Food today-oats for breakfast, leftover chili for lunch and leftover spaghetti for dinner. Hmmm...wonder why I have heartburn right now. Have a wonderful day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, your poor kitty. I hope she gets better with the medicine and feeding tube. Give her a hug for me.

I am definitely not impressed with the response from BN. I’ve worked with Brittany at WF and she has been great too. I guess I’d rather spend a bit more and get good service plus have someone who actually knows what they are doing find me a matching pair.

Deegee, your glasses must look nice on you with getting several compliments today. Some glasses definitely minimize the bulk of thick lenses. I have no idea what my correction is but I can’t see much of anything without glasses.

If you’ve already worked 41 hours I vote you take the rest of the week off. You certainly deserve it.

No you didn’t tell us about the latest Lily, couch and your black eye. Ouch! I hope you are okay.

Did your ring turn out okay?

Off to read my book.

Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-this is the pair I wore today. I can't have the edges polished because it throws my vision off. People said they couldn't see the thickness when they were on my face. They were probably just being nice!

_28313.jpg

_28315.jpg

_28316.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, you can only see the lens thickness from the side. I'm sure face on, looking directly at your, they don't look like thick lenses at all.

Thanks for the good wishes for our Sakai. She's so uncomfortable with that cone thing around her neck. She can't find a way to lay down in comfort. We just gave her the liquid nourishment through the feeding tube. Not fun. No, not fun at all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like them. I am sure they look great on you.

I just requested a video conference from Ritani on 4 EC diamonds. Oooh. They would cost double what the BN pair cost but it's a free service so I decided why not?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, my nails are my one vanity. Not that they are long or fabulous or anything, but I try to keep them nicely done because I always feel more put together that way. Sometimes I see people, especially people in a customer service position where their nails are on display, with chipped polish or things like that and it makes me cringe…!

Rob, biggest hugs going out to your poor kitty. And the cone is the worst… The Demon has had one on a few times and it makes me feel just terrible for him. I can just imagine him thinking, whatever is wrong with me isn’t enough, now I have to wear THIS?!

Deegee, I don’t think you can tell the thickness of your lenses at all in a normal viewing situation! And your frames are really cool. I don’t wear glasses (yet!) but when the time comes for readers I will probably have a zillion pairs so I can get all the cool frames!

Last night I worked later than usual and then talked to some of my neighbors for a little while when I got home. The CB made jumbolaya (sp?) and then we just went to bed and read for a while. I have somehow found renewed vigor to tackle the project I’m working on at the office, so today I am going to CRANK!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just realized my avatar says I joined nine years ago today! Woo hoo! (Actually that's not really correct because I had a different "identity" -- Dee Jay with no * -- for a few months before that but I changed my password one time and could never log back in so I had to start over.) Anyway, happy 9+ years! Thanks for being my friends! :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday!

Dee Jay, I used to paint my nails all the time; I need to start doing that again. Nail polish dries really fast in no humidity Wyoming. I agree chipped nail polish looks pretty nasty. How did your project go today. Woo hoo for being on PS for 9 years. Thanks for being my PS friend as well. I've logged on PS under 3 names. My first one I lost my posts and couldn't get logged on again. Then I signed up again and last year there was that brief spell where it wouldn't recognize me after I changed my password or screen name. Ella got it fixed for me though.

Rod, how is your kitty today?

My Ritani video conference is tomorrow night however my response to their email giving them my phone number keeps coming back. Their one diamond is about the same price as the 2 I picked out from BN. I may wait and see what the place I shop at in Denver has too; I can trade stuff in there.

We are going out for supper. Our cooking options are all frozen lumps in our freezer.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DeeJay and Marcy.........Sakai had a very rough nite. The stupid cone/collar was too large, so she couldn't walk in it and when she tried, she'd trip. She couldn't get comfortable last night, so she got no rest and we didn't either. Poor thing needed to pee, but she was afraid to get off the bed, so she just went on the bed, which she's never done in her life. But perfectly understandable. This morning, we made the cone smaller and she can now walk better. And when Charlie gave her liquid nutrition this morning, she jerked her head and the feeding tube came out a bit, so off to the vet he had to go to have it put back in correctly. We hope to have a calmer night tonight. We just gave her her three liquid medications, 3 pills and 30 ml of nutrition and it went smoothly. We just have to give her more liquid nutrition before we go to bed.

It was a loooong day for me at work as I didn't get much sleep last night. I hope to sleep better tonight.

I hope you all had a less stressful 24 hours for sure.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, is sounds like all 3 of you had a rough night. Poor Sakai. I hope she adjusts to her tube and medicine. Sorry to hear you had a long day at work. At least it's almost the weekend. I hope all of you have a good night's rest. :wavey:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Marcy. All three of us just need to sleep. And yay for tomorrow being Friday! :clap:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results