color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1427309028|3852344 said:
Hi, Acinom. :wavey:

You know how I feel about the setting on page 2. ;-) But the alternative option is lovely as well. They indeed are two different directions, so in the end it comes down to what look you really want...money aside (for the moment).

Thank you for chiming in Sparkliesluver! Currently Iove both options, which is weird since the have such different looks! I wil take some time to think about it...

Have you been wearing your beautiful green tourmaline often?

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Thank you for chiming in Sparkliesluver! Currently Iove both options, which is weird since the have such different looks! I wil take some time to think about it...

haha I can understand loving two different options. More time to think sounds like a good plan. :)

I have been wearing it. :D Maybe once a week to work, or if DH and I go out to dinner (sans toddler).

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1427310963|3852355 said:
Acinom said:

haha I can understand loving two different options. More time to think sounds like a good plan. :)

I have been wearing it. :D Maybe once a week to work, or if DH and I go out to dinner (sans toddler).

Ah, you wear yours with care!
I must say I baby mine too. I do not want to damage the stone. I wear it often but never during the weekends when we do all sorts of activities with the kids.

Regarding the two options: hopefully I will grow a strong preference for one of the two options. That would be much easier :twisted:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkliesluver: one more question. I think I will indeed have the bypass ring made instead of modern stackers. Do you have more views of the ring. Do you remember on which website you found it?

_28294.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1427415987|3852999 said:
dk168 said:
I saw that too and thought, hmm that might be what Acinom's looking for! [emoji23]

A beautiful yellow indeed!! It also caught my eye but it has been bought now (not by me).
I do not want to splash a high amount on a yellow stone though since blues and not yellows are my favorite color.

_28355.jpg

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
A wonderful gem!! A very good vendor

But

heat and only tested with standard gemmological equipment....

the second sapphire with a worthless report.

For a yellow sapphire in this price range you need a better report and tested for evidence of Be treatment!

S

SparkliesLuver

Hi, Acinom. :wavey: Sorry for not responding until now. Let me look back in my folder and see if I wrote a URL down. Back soon...

ETA: That's the only picture I have. I'm sorry. :( Usually when I only have one, that means that's all there was. I always save all of them when there are multiple.

I did find this one in a different folder! It's an art deco inspired one and it said Acinom to me, so I thought I'd post it too.

burmese-ruby-bypass-ring.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

One more thing: this yellow sapphire reminds me of the zircon that SapphireStyle recently posted in this thread. Plus, this also says Acinom to me...or maybe I've just been eyeing it for that long. :naughty: ;-)

sapphireyellowsqemcut7_78ct_9196.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1427452847|3853143 said:
A wonderful gem!! A very good vendor

But

heat and only tested with standard gemmological equipment....

the second sapphire with a worthless report.

For a yellow sapphire in this price range you need a better report and tested for evidence of Be treatment!

Thanks for your advice Marlow!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1427459530|3853177 said:
Hi, Acinom. :wavey: Sorry for not responding until now. Let me look back in my folder and see if I wrote a URL down. Back soon...

ETA: That's the only picture I have. I'm sorry. :( Usually when I only have one, that means that's all there was. I always save all of them when there are multiple.

I did find this one in a different folder! It's an art deco inspired one and it said Acinom to me, so I thought I'd post it too.

Thank you for investing your time Sparkliesluver! I really appreciate this.
I love this idea as well for a bypass ring! I will definitely save this pic :naughty:
The first one you posted did it for my however. I might have one created with engraving instead of pave. David is currently creating the drawings.

And ah, that sapphire your posted :love: On which site did you find it? I might opt for a yellow zircon however moneywise.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1427467878|3853238 said:
Anytime; you're very welcome. :) Happy to help!

I too love that one so much! I'm happy it's your inspiration. Can't wait to see what David comes up with!

It's from Roger Dery. Completely understand!
http://www.spectralgems.net/sapphire/sapphireyellowsqemcut7_78ct_9196-2/#main

Ah yes, thought I recognized the photography indeed. Thank you!!

I received this drawing from DK and I like it! I did ask for the stones to be angled between the example below and EW. Any thoughts?

_28369.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The CAD drawings as they are look good to me.

DK :))

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
You move so quickly Acinom! The design looks good to me too! And I love the idea of engraving over pave! What do you think of the CAD?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you DK and Ricezo :wavey: Thank you for chiming in and share your views.

Yes, I do like the CAD's! I feel that David again has read my mind and nailed it. I might want the stone to be a tiny bit more angled towards EW compared to this drawing but I do like it as is and can envision that it will work. I love love love DK's engraving and I am looking forward to see it in real life.

The Paraiba will be the first project though: it will be sent to David coming Monday.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!! Have you decided on a design yet? I really love the design you came up with for the yellow beryl. And are you leaning towards platinum or Rose gold?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That's going to look fantastic, and really eye-catching.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1427500991|3853473 said:
How exciting!! Have you decided on a design yet? I really love the design you came up with for the yellow beryl. And are you leaning towards platinum or Rose gold?

Thank you Ricezo!! I am definitely leaning towards the modern and clean lines of the beryl design. I think I will choose platinum to enhance the sea like color of the stone. Just not sure whether I should have it engraved or not :confused:

_28384.jpg

_28385.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1427511971|3853572 said:
That's going to look fantastic, and really eye-catching.

Thank you Pregcurious! I am glad people offered the idea of a bypass ring for the sapphires as I would not have considered
It myself. And sooo glad that Sparkliesluver came up with that inspiration ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something yellow: Asscher or chubby cushion?

Uhm. Let's pretend there's indeed something yellow in my future :D . A yellow zircon for example.
=> Would you advice a chubby cushion or an Asscher cut?

Would love to hear your views.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tough one!!!

A lighter CS will show off the steps better as an asscher, however, a chubby cushion zircon will be full of sparkles (check out the sold CS galleries at Jeff White's site for examples of both cuts in different types of yellow CSs).

Therefore, I would vote chubby cushion.

DK :))

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh! How exciting! I think both could be beautiful, looking forward to your next update! And you really do move quickly!!! :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you DK and Ricezo!!!

DK: I indeed love the sparkle of chubby cushion like SapphireStyle's beautiful sunny and sparkly zircon. :love: I am gearing towards the cushion. Thank you for your vote.

Ricezo: will update as soon as I can! Unfortunately my financials cannot keep pace with my CS adventures :twisted: So, I will actually slow things down a bit. Hoping to have the Paraiba set by the end of my. And if possible the yellow stone cut in the coming month. The matching sapphires will follow after that. And that should be it for 2015. :twisted: :roll: :twisted:

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
look forward your new updates.......

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1427470207|3853263 said:
SparkliesLuver|1427467878|3853238 said:
Anytime; you're very welcome. :) Happy to help!

I too love that one so much! I'm happy it's your inspiration. Can't wait to see what David comes up with!

It's from Roger Dery. Completely understand!
http://www.spectralgems.net/sapphire/sapphireyellowsqemcut7_78ct_9196-2/#main

Ah yes, thought I recognized the photography indeed. Thank you!!

I received this drawing from DK and I like it! I did ask for the stones to be angled between the example below and EW. Any thoughts?

I like this bypass design, the angle seems perfect to me.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for chiming in shulaibaoma :wavey:

Just received the CAD's with the stones just s bit more angled towards EW. This looks really beautiful as wel! Which would you pick out of these two:

_28388.jpg

_28389.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
They both look great but I think I prefer option 2 - greater finger coverage horizontally. What do you prefer?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote is for 2 as well - better finger coverage and more flowing in design IMHO, but you have to love it so it's your choice....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results