shape
carat
color
clarity

A positive for the day!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
So, I thought I'd start a new thread about something positive happening for the day. Let's send some good vibes and energy out there!

Mine is that I got my first new ring face-to-face compliment today! I know, kind of dorky, but it's been several weeks since I've had it and my workplace is not the type of environment that would naturally elicit those types of compliments. (I teach at a university so I'm mainly surrounded by college students.) Thus, I was actually very surprised and happy when at my eye appointment today, the assistant made a comment about it's uniqueness and beauty. Yay! :appl:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: Jewelry compliments are so awesome aren't they?

I got my hair done yesterday--and it ended up costing twice what I expected :shock: which made my husband close his eyes and take a deep breath--but I *love* it and he does too, so yay for positive pretty hair vibes!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both of my girls (aged 4 & 6) were awarded achievement badges today in their respective swimming classes.

Positively proud mummy moment!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww I love hearing the bright spots of everyone's day!

Today I had a patient of mine give me the biggest hug and say how much she missed me these last 8 months while I was recuperating. For those of you who don't know I work with the intellectually disabled population. Sure people at work have said they missed me but when my patients come over and give me big hugs and tell me that I know they mean it. And I missed them too!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump for more positives...would LOVE hearing other's bright spots of the day stories. Please share and brighten everyone's days. :appl: :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TGIF, WEEKEND!!!

DK :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, I just realized today is the International Day of Happiness! :appl:
http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/un/happiness-day

How appropriate this thread is SparklySoprano. Thank you for starting it. :appl:

In 2012, the United Nations (UN) declared March 20 to be observed as the International Day of Happiness.

March 20 will be celebrated as the International Day of Happiness every year.

Aim
The day recognizes that happiness is a fundamental human goal, and calls upon countries to approach public policies in ways that improve the well being of all peoples.

By designating a special day for happiness, the UN aims to focus world attention on the idea that economic growth must be inclusive, equitable, and balanced, such that it promotes sustainable development, and alleviates poverty. Additionally the UN acknowledges that in order to attain global happiness, economic development must be accompanied by social and environmental well being.

Background
The initiative to declare a day of happiness came from Bhutan – a country whose citizens are considered to be some of the happiest people in the world. The Himalayan Kingdom has championed an alternative measure of national and societal prosperity, called the Gross National Happiness Index (GNH). The GNH rejects the sole use of economic and material wealth as an indicator of development, and instead adopts a more holistic outlook, where spiritual well being of citizens and communities is given as much importance as their material well being.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After I retired from corporate America, hubby and I found new things to occupy our time. Using our computer skills we do Crime Analysis for our local police department (setup a new database, do crime mapping). We gave them over 1000 hours of our time last year, a way of giving back to our community. Also able to help the Financial Crimes Detectives the few times that they recover jewelry. Received two cards from the volunteers yesterday but the highight today will be a home visit from two of the volunteers including an 83 year old lady that I have become friends with (her job is to sit and watch contractors who come to work inside the secure building). We are also neighborhood CERT (community emergency response team) Team Captains and lady who runs that program will be visiting today as well.

Another positive for today is another home visit from the Physical Therapist. The Occupational Therapist visited yesterday where I explained how I showered (with a shower cap to keep my incision dry) by sitting in a plastic chair in the shower and using the wand to rinse. My goal with the PT is to able to walk unassisted around the hill (hospital discharged me with a walker). Before my brain surgery, I was averaging 11,700 steps a day (about 5 miles) for the 24 days leading up to the operation, but holding onto my husband's arm due to my dizziness . I figured that if I was in good shape, that it would help in my recovery. Post Op the first night was not able to walk to the sink 5 steps away, got better each day where I could do 10 steps to the bathroom, then to the doorway, then finally around the 5th floor of Kaiser Redwood City CA where all neurosurgery patients stay.

Typing this is tiring me out, time for another percocet. :mrgreen:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter got 3 awards at school today...she works very hard and I am so proud of her.

This coming week is spring break for us!!! Yippy!! I can sleep in, yeh, right. :roll:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy's infectious good mood and hearing Cflutist is feeling better and getting stonger is such a bright spot today. Yay Cheryl!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thanks Callie! You always brighten my day so I am glad I helped brighten yours. (((hugs))).

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1426865699|3850039 said:
My daughter got 3 awards at school today...she works very hard and I am so proud of her.

This coming week is spring break for us!!! Yippy!! I can sleep in, yeh, right. :roll:

Congrats and enjoy Spring Break

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enjoy your spring break TyTy! This is our last day of it, so back to school/work on Monday. Sad face.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Cflutist and packrat...

Continued healthy vibes Cflutist...I think this calls for some new jewelry in the future :appl: !

Sad faces...that will be me in 9 days :doh: ! Only 9 more weeks packrat, nine more weeks...the countdown begins!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We can make it Tyty, we can make it!!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
So glad you are all enjoying! And thanks, Missy, for the shout out. :wavey:

Today, I'm very excited that's it is officially the first day of Spring! :sun:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy that I was able to walk around the hill today (10 steps short of one mile) with +/- 231 ft elevation change holding onto my husband's arm. Sounds like normally a simple thing to do, but is a big accomplishment for me given that I could not walk 10 steps a week ago in the hospital post-op. Physical Therapy will release me until I can do this unaided so have a ways to go. Was already told that on Monday, she wants me to try with my walker that was sent home with me, or with the trekking poles I use when we hike
What a change from the 11,700 steps (about 5 miles) that I was walking daily for the 24 days leading to my craniotomy and brain surgery. She also gave me exercises to do to strengthen my legs but those are pretty easy for me since I used to do Step Aerobics videos in the past too.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist|1426908401|3850472 said:
So happy that I was able to walk around the hill today (10 steps short of one mile) with +/- 231 ft elevation change holding onto my husband's arm. Sounds like normally a simple thing to do, but is a big accomplishment for me given that I could not walk 10 steps a week ago in the hospital post-op. Physical Therapy will release me until I can do this unaided so have a ways to go. Was already told that on Monday, she wants me to try with my walker that was sent home with me, or with the trekking poles I use when we hike
What a change from the 11,700 steps (about 5 miles) that I was walking daily for the 24 days leading to my craniotomy and brain surgery. She also gave me exercises to do to strengthen my legs but those are pretty easy for me since I used to do Step Aerobics videos in the past too.
that's HUGE!!! :appl: It's not the 5 miles that counts, but doing almost a mile from NO steps. yay!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1426900955|3850422 said:

Yes, we can!!!

To all moms/parents/teachers out there, hang in there!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, Spring Break is less than a week away! And so glad to hear of your positive recovery, cflutist. :wavey:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1427031341|3850913 said:
packrat|1426900955|3850422 said:

Yes, we can!!!

To all moms/parents/teachers out there, hang in there!

We have 40 or 41 days of school left for preschool. The rest of the district has still less than 50 anyway.

First sign language class in our second session. This session will be 8 classes. It's a lot of fun and I will look forward to the next 7 Monday's!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Today I'm able to have some quiet time at home to correct papers and plan for one of my classes tomorrow. That's a nice luxury! Although, here I am on PS.... Maybe this should also go in the True Confessions forum... :think:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Easter! I'm happy to spend the day with my family! Also, On Wisconsin!!! So excited for the Badgers going to the big game tomorrow. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results