shape
carat
color
clarity

Ode to OEC Joy

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
Jimmianne, any update on the search for a setting? I can't stop thinking about your OEC. :D

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HegemonyCricket|1427334145|3852483 said:
Jimmianne, any update on the search for a setting? I can't stop thinking about your OEC. :D

:wavey: Hi HegemonyCricket. Love that name. Is there a story behind it?

I'm waiting for sketches from the bench person :confused:
but it's sort of OK because I really could use more time taking photos of it loose.
I'm doing a simple platinum Edwardian setting, but purchased 2 small rubies and a set of pink sapphires that may be incorporated in the gallery.
I love the detail between the prongs on this setting.
1-2.png
As soon as the sketches come in I will be asking for opinions!

here are my latest photo attempts. The fun thing is that the stone is a different color different ever time. joye.jpg wl6.jpg joya.jpg xxx_0.jpg

lili

Ideal_Rock
I normally don't post here, but just want to say "WOW" :love:
Great pictures and great diamond.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lili|1427387664|3852749 said:
I normally don't post here, but just want to say "WOW" :love:
Great pictures and great diamond.

Thank you, Lili! I appreciate your feedback.
I'm glad you posted here!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I keep checking back to see if you have any updates. Joy could not be a more beautiful stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous inspiration setting! Do you have more pictures?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous new pics and oh la la on the inspiration setting. :love: :love: :love:
Please post lots more pics. Joy is a natural model and very photogenic. :appl:

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
Jimmianne|1427383020|3852702 said:

It's a punny cross between Jiminy Cricket and the term "hegemony" (I was a women's studies major in college). :)

Thanks for posting more photos to tide us over! It's so amazing how blue it looks in that first picture and how peachy it looks in a later picture. Can't wait to see the ring design!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few of my ideas for the gallery design only. I want it to be floral-ish and open. I plan to have a few melee - either ruby, sapphire or diamond in the middle of the "flowers".
img_6527.jpg
img_6528.jpg
img_6529.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HegemonyCricket|1427423634|3853044 said:
Jimmianne|1427383020|3852702 said:

It's a punny cross between Jiminy Cricket and the term "hegemony" (I was a women's studies major in college). :)

Thanks for posting more photos to tide us over! It's so amazing how blue it looks in that first picture and how peachy it looks in a later picture. Can't wait to see the ring design!

Funny-good name!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1427414886|3852978 said:
What a gorgeous inspiration setting! Do you have more pictures?
Hi, DS, I do!
I love this setting. I think Joy needs lots of open space to be happy, so this probably wouldn't be a good home for her,
but next time.... :lol:
picmonkey-collage6.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful inspiration setting!! Looks like a great home for your beautiful stone.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joy has been set and is back home. I am totally in love with her - as I said to OGgirl --- my brain hasn't caught up with the fact that I have this wonderful 'being' ... ["you mean I get to keep her?!]

After spending several hours with the designer I just wanted to be done. We were rushing because he is going away in a few weeks, and suddenly it seemed overwhelming - so I suggested a temp setting and he showed me a tiffany style setting. I paged forward a couple of pages and there was a setting with a bit of a vintage feel, so I went with that.
The happy thing is that I like it so much I don't think I will need a custom setting any time soon and it was a frugal choice which leaves room for more hunting, should the need arise LOL.

I'll use this thread to post photos as I take them. [I've been posting bits and pieces all over PS]. wl5.jpg dayofjoy__1.jpg dayofjoy__0.jpg img_7073_2.jpg img_7069_1.jpg dayofjoy3.jpg joy_day2.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: The most gorgeous "temporary" setting I have ever seen Jimmianne! And the gorgeous Ms. Joy looks so amazing in her new setting! :appl:

The colors coming out of her. Those delicious chunky facets. Her scintillating fabulous personality is just shining through. :love: And I love her with that vintage band. BEAUTIFUL.

dayofjoy3.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Missy!
Thank you for sharing my enthusiasm.
I kept going for "perfect" shots, but then got courageous & wanted to share my fascinating for the many faces of an OEC - at least this temperamental girl's moods.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamy. :love: She has a soft glow from within. She is perfect in every way. I LOVE her. Bea is getting impatient for their playdate btw... :appl:
You certainly have captured her facets Jimmianne! I think your new pics are perfect and Ms Box looks lovely with her new occupants!

chicam

Shiny_Rock
Possibly the most beautiful ring I've seen on PC.
Do you mind sharing name of your setting maker.
I can only imagine how enchanted you feel.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
chicam|1428673668|3859804 said:
Possibly the most beautiful ring I've seen on PC.
Do you mind sharing name of your setting maker.
I can only imagine how enchanted you feel.

Hi Chicam! It's a Stuller setting. There is a thread on PSer's with this setting that might interest you.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-stuller-settings.212118/#post-3859792#p3859792']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-stuller-settings.212118/#post-3859792#p3859792[/URL]

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

While I only read the last post, I must endorse your choice as this setting is VERY very beautiful. Congrats! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon :wavey: - thank you!

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Every time I see your OEC I am absolutely blown away! Beyond gorgeous!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, Joy is so beautiful---the faceting patterns, the culet, her overall shape and size, and the glow with colors.

i love a setting that lets the stone do the talking so of course I think the setting you chose is wonderful. Joy not only talks, she sings in that setting.

Enjoy!!!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, LuckyKelley!!

Thank you, Az. We do have a lot of fun on PS don't we : ) :dance:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! what a stunner Jimmianne.. the setting is perfect.. the ring is gorgeous. Congratulations!

:love: :love: :cheeky: :clap: :dance:

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
So happy to end my week ogling these pictures. Beautiful!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, Joy is such a fireball - sparkles and shines no matter what way you look at her. She looks stunning in her new setting. Enjoy wearing this beauty. :wavey:

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to respond after seeing the first set of pictures and go, "you only posted 6 pics?!???!?" Good thing I scrolled down before I hit respond hahahaha :lol:

Omg we are ring sisters. My stone is from Grace and my setting is from Stuller too! Maybe one day they'll meet each their again :razz:

Can you take more pictures of the profile/side view? I can't believe this is a Stuller setting. I didn't know they make something this vintage looking! It complements your stone perfectly.

My ring is tucked away somewhere right now. I'm not allowed to wear it just yet. It's my anniversary gift and our anniversary is next week. :D I was bad last week and wore it for a few days. Got scolded by my husband so I had to put it away for now. I'll post more pictures when I get it in my hand again! :bigsmile:

But congrats!!! You must be THRILLED!!!! let me guess......you looked at your hand 738,626 times today :lol: :lol: :lol:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OCgirl :wavey: from Joy. I hope they do meet again.

If I were you I would be going crazy right now. What a mean DH you have!
[ aside from the fact that he got you a fabulous ring because he loves you so much :lol: ]

If it makes you feel any better... Joy is in her ring box so I can get my work done. Everytime I wear her I have to LOOK and/or take pictures and it's a downward time-stealing spiral from there : )

Looking forward to your anniversary and more photos.
more photos from here too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results