shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 19+ ctw of Diamonds from WINK Including a New FIY Bracelet!!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: 19+ ctw of Diamonds from WINK Including a New FIY Bracel

AMAZING JOB by Wink and Paul....congratulations!!!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rockdiamond|1406924270|3724606 said:
AMAZING JOB by Wink and Paul....congratulations!!!

Thank you for your kind words David. Coming from the PS Fancy Yellow Diamond expert, this means a great deal to me.

While we were working on this your name came up and Wink said you were a class act. Now I see why he feels that way.

There is a wealth of knowledge about FCDs on your website.

I am very grateful for what Wink and Paul have accomplished with my bracelet and
had no idea that Fancy Intense Yellow round brilliants were so rare and subsequently so difficult to find.

For some reason, Wink never asked me if radiants were acceptable instead?

portia

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous bracelets! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, that is an amazing bracelet, cflutist!!! :love: :love: :love: You have quite a bracelet collection!!!!

(How do you do the f18 thing?)

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1406960397|3724824 said:
Wow, that is an amazing bracelet, cflutist!!! :love: :love: :love: You have quite a bracelet collection!!!!

Thank you ds2006.

f 18 refers to the aperture setting on a DSLR camera.
Higher numbers create a smaller opening on a lens which lets less light through while lower numbers such as f3.2 create a larger opening to let more light through. What I learned is that aperture settings around f18 are perfect for capturing dispersion aka fire from a diamond because it most closely mimics the human eye.
Go check out the fire thread for lots of other pictures.

On the first day I didn't know that which is why my pictures looked rather dead.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

portia|1406941941|3724730 said:
Gorgeous bracelets! :love:

Thank you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

cflutist|1406962379|3724830 said:
diamondseeker2006|1406960397|3724824 said:

Thank you ds2006.

f 18 refers to the aperture setting on a DSLR camera.
Higher numbers create a smaller opening on a lens which lets less light through while lower numbers such as f3.2 create a larger opening to let more light through. What I learned is that aperture settings around f18 are perfect for capturing dispersion aka fire from a diamond because it most closely mimics the human eye.
Go check out the fire thread for lots of other pictures.

On the first day I didn't know that which is why my pictures looked rather dead.

Ahhhh, thanks! Well, that is not going to work on my iPhone or my little Canon PowerShot camera! :lol: So I am afraid my pictures are going to continue to be bad! I just don't have the interest/patience to deal with learning (or buying) a camera just for jewelry because my other cameras work for everything else! :bigsmile: But I love looking at pictures like yours!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well I bought hubby that camera so that he can do landscape photography in the National Parks and on all of our cruises/trips.

I already put the 6.5 ct bracelet away, but can ask him to try to get a "fire" shot of all three bracelets if you'd like.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

In the bathroom at night under LED lighting.

I'm amazed on how it looks so different under various lighting conditions.

in_mba_at_night_img_7668.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Overcast day today, so I took these pictures where the bodycolor is more visible.

Some arrows in the first picture too:

sm_outdoors_overcast_img_7690.jpg

sm_outdoors_overcast_img_7686.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolutely, gobsmackingly stunning!!! :love: :love:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock

Good lord woman, you're giving the Queen a run for her money! :love:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JaneSmith|1407266931|3726637 said:
Good lord woman, you're giving the Queen a run for her money! :love:

I actually have the book "The Queen's Jewels" by Leslie Field (fabulous book btw).

DandiAndi, thank you for the kind compliment.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Finally some sunshine after several days of overcast skies for more fire pictures (this time all 3 bracelets):

and

sm_fire_img_7692.jpg

sm_fire_img_7722.jpg

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Cflutist, your bracelets are absolutely stunning - my jaw dropped at the pictures! I love the way that Wink incorporated the fourth prong and kept the appearance of three - with such gorgeous stones, I'd want all the security I could get. And, they look amazing on you! All three combined is such a fantastic stack and makes the yellows just jump out at you - Congrats!!!

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock

Those last few fire shots are just spectacular! I love the prongs. Thanks for sharing! :wavey:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Your bracelets are spectacular! You are right - they are meant to be worn and enjoyed and you should be happy in their beauty. The match on the yellow diamonds are spectacular! Thanks for sharing with all of us.

And Wink...Wink is a fantastic person to work with - I second or 3rd that !

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

endless_summer
SirGuy
moneymeister

Thank you for the kind words. I have not taken my new bracelet off since I received it on July 30th. It has already been to the park several times where I volunteer for the local police dept. I will admit to being a little self concious every time I stuck my arm out to hand a young kid a police badge sitcker (but the kids love them).

To capture dispersion aka fire, set your DSLR to aperture priority at f18. That most closely mimicks the human eye which can detect such fire.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

q8girl

Rough_Rock

Thank you for sharing your lovely bracelets!! Each one of them is spectacular and together they are simply mindblowing. Love the fact that you wear it everyday.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

q8girl|1413201457|3766378 said:
Thank you for sharing your lovely bracelets!! Each one of them is spectacular and together they are simply mindblowing. Love the fact that you wear it everyday.

Thank you for your kind words.

I recently sent the 10-year old .33s 10.5 TW bracelet into Wink for its 10-year "checkup".
Wink was amazed of the condition it was in and documented it in a video.
This video also shows a close-up of the arrows in the diamonds.

The thread can be found here:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/amazing-tennis-bracelet-after-10-years-of-daily-wear.206857/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/amazing-tennis-bracelet-after-10-years-of-daily-wear.206857/[/URL]

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock

Your bracelets are truly stunning! I tried looking through your threads but didn't see if you had mentioned if the setting was 14 or 18kt gold?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hospatogi|1413238586|3766621 said:
Your bracelets are truly stunning! I tried looking through your threads but didn't see if you had mentioned if the setting was 14 or 18kt gold?

The 10-year old .33s is 14k gold.
The new Fancy Intense Yellows .20s is 18k gold.

Thank you for your comment.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock

cflutist|1413238863|3766624 said:

Hi cflutist,

I am hoping to own a diamond tennis bracelet one day. I thought I liked .16s but after seeing your larger bracelets I am in love! I know you stack your bracelets but looking back on it now are you still happy that you have both the smaller and larger white diamond bracelets or would you have preferred to just own the .33s? Have you ever come across a situation where you felt you couldn't wear your .33s bracelet?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hospatogi|1413243239|3766661 said:
cflutist|1413238863|3766624 said:

Hi cflutist,

I am hoping to own a diamond tennis bracelet one day. I thought I liked .16s but after seeing your larger bracelets I am in love! I know you stack your bracelets but looking back on it now are you still happy that you have both the smaller and larger white diamond bracelets or would you have preferred to just own the .33s? Have you ever come across a situation where you felt you couldn't wear your .33s bracelet?

I don't regret buying the .16s, but I was younger at the time and that was what I could afford. No problems that I know of wearing the .33s. Been wearing it non-stop since I got it in 2004. The only one time I took it off was to leave it in the cruise ship's safe in our cabin because we were visiting Ensenada Mexico as a port stop.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

I love all the pictures of your gorgeous jewelry in this thread. :love: Your bracelets are just so beautiful with your ring. Absolutely stunning! Great project by Wink and such a lovely burst of sunshine on your wrist. I'm wondering if your bracelet has spent any time at all in the pretty jewelry box? I am sure you are wearing such a beautiful bracelet each day!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rockinruby|1427162250|3851570 said:
I love all the pictures of your gorgeous jewelry in this thread. :love: Your bracelets are just so beautiful with your ring. Absolutely stunning! Great project by Wink and such a lovely burst of sunshine on your wrist. I'm wondering if your bracelet has spent any time at all in the pretty jewelry box? I am sure you are wearing such a beautiful bracelet each day!

I normally wear my bracelets everyday. In fact the older one was worn daily for the last 10 years.

Unfortunately, both bracelets spent 6 days in their jewelry boxes because I was hospitalized recently for 5 days for a craniotomy and removal of a brain tumor (which was successful, story in Hangout). I sure missed my jewelry while in the hospital and would have loved to have seen them in the OR under those bright overhead lights of theirs. The neurosurgeon could have even examined them under his operating microscope :lol:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

cflutist|1427162930|3851576 said:
I normally wear my bracelets everyday. In fact the older one was worn daily for the last 10 years.

Unfortunately, both bracelets spent 6 days in their jewelry boxes because I was hospitalized recently for 5 days for a craniotomy and removal of a brain tumor (which was successful, story in Hangout). I sure missed my jewelry while in the hospital and would have loved to have seen them in the OR under those bright overhead lights of theirs. The neurosurgeon could have even examined them under his operating microscope :lol:

I love that you wear them everyday. You just might inspire me to start wearing a bracelet again. Haha, I definitely would wear one if it looked even remotely as beautiful as one of yours.

So sorry to hear you had to remove both bracelets for a short time. I'm glad your surgery was a success! I wish you well on a speedy and full recovery so you don't have to ake those lovely bracelets off again. Too bad you didn't get to see them under those bright surgery lights. Bet they would have sparkled like crazy!

I'm wondering if I missed it, but did you ever post a group shot with the pendant? Based on your thread I would definitely consider having Wink do a project in future. He did a great job on yours!

Still not sure how to reply and add a quote so hope this works.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

cflutist|1427162930|3851576 said:
Rockinruby|1427162250|3851570 said:

I second that sentiment echoed by JaneSmith!! Good Lord, woman! You really are giving the Queen a run for her money, lol!!

LOVE your stack of bracelets. I absolutely adore bracelets, especially when worn stacked like yours. :love: :love: :love: :love:

Glad your surgery was successful. I too wish you a speedy recovery.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results