shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of 8 x 6 ovals set? Oval size, setting question

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Update: I decided to try to pursue a E-W setting with diamond accents. I'll let you know how it goes. I am working with a vendor to figure out price.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1420807922|3813952 said:
Minou,
I love that LOGR setting design. Is that in yellow gold? I'd take it off your hands anytime. :))

Ha ha, you are sweet, but I wouldn't let you for two reasons. One is your finger size which I believe is literally half that of mine. The other, more important is that as a friend, I would be seriously embarrassed to even gift you something that flimsy imo (in defense of LOGR, I think I may have caught them right as their mold (mould?) was worn out and making lightweight and thin pieces; I've since heard from others that their pieces are much more solid so mine might have been bad timing). :praise: It does have a BB garnet, upgraded diamonds, and for what its worth, the small amount of yellow gold is 18k...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Out of curiosity (and a threadjack), I'd be interested to see the difference in the LOGR of new and old. I have not purchased any LOGR rings in the past 5 years but do have an LOGR which I found sturdy enough for everyday but gentle wear. I guess I should start a new thread for this, perhaps next week?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1420828395|3814123 said:
Chrono|1420807922|3813952 said:
Minou,
I love that LOGR setting design. Is that in yellow gold? I'd take it off your hands anytime. :))

Ha ha, you are sweet, but I wouldn't let you for two reasons. One is your finger size which I believe is literally half that of mine. The other, more important is that as a friend, I would be seriously embarrassed to even gift you something that flimsy imo (in defense of LOGR, I think I may have caught them right as their mold (mould?) was worn out and making lightweight and thin pieces; I've since heard from others that their pieces are much more solid so mine might have been bad timing). :praise: It does have a BB garnet, upgraded diamonds, and for what its worth, the small amount of yellow gold is 18k...
You could send it to Sally to reset! (per the other thread)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to ask, any 5-stones out there?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No 5 stone here (sorry) but I also have that same LOGR butterfly setting. Its the blue zircon from I guess 4-5 years ago in 14K RG (all in the pic are from that same timeframe ) That one is a size 8 the ring size is 8x6. Stone is a wee bit smaller (looks like a lot zoomed in but its really not)

The rest are in 18k gold. I can't wear them digging a ditch, but I do wear them pretty regularly. The thinnest is the vietmanese spinel. That one is particularly dainty at 1.2mm. Its never gotten out of round.

I've actually seen LOGR on Etsy lately...that was pretty interesting!

5480191014_1ca603b7b7_o.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1420656354|3813049 said:
Thanks, JoCoJenn for your reply! I wasn't sure I would get any responses because it is such a specific question.

I really like how the stone looks in your setting. It complements the stone, and it looks really "right" on your hand. I get stressed out about setting stones because I feel unsure of how it the finished product will look.

Did you find that that stone looked bigger or smaller after you set it? I am looking at my stone and still thinking it is too small. I guess I have DSS, but for CSs.

Preg, my lovely, I'm afraid this happens to us all at some point. I have size 7 fingers and an 8x6 is waaaaaaay too small for me now BUT on a 4.5 finger it will of course look bigger - but if your eye/brain and co-ordinating and saying "too small, too small" then the only way around this is a halo x

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Arcadian. I love your stones, especially the Vietnamese spinel.

LD, you are right that a halo is the only other way. I wrote this in the other thread, but a halo would make the stone look to dark for my taste. I've had it loose for so long and fallen in love with that color. Other settings, like a major airline halo, would make it look too cocktail ring like for me and probably still block off light. I will make s cocktail ring soon though, with another stone.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
My sapphire is 8.25 x 7.02 x 5.06, so a tad bit wider, but gives you an idea in a halo. My (not young) finger is a 6 - 6.5. This is one of my smallest rings, but it is also one of my most wearable and favorites. The stone sits down in the halo so I'm not banging it on everything. I won't wear a lot of my rings on my right hand because I'm right handed, but this is my go to RHR (even though it's on my left in the photo).

pink_18.jpg

img_7206.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a couple of mine, one with side stones, on my fat size 8 finger. The top one is a cushion, but gives you an idea.

tlovals.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, colorluvr. Unfortunately, I can't halo, but your point about your smallest ring being wearable is a good one.

TL, this makes me feel better, but at the same time I wonder if I should go for a 3 stone with bigger side stones like yours. I am going to see the wax Thurs and will get a better idea. I am still leaning towards a 5 stone because my other stones are too big for a 5 stone and I like the idea of setting variety. Well, I have 2 smaller stones but they are destined for halos.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1427241813|3852027 said:
Thanks, colorluvr. Unfortunately, I can't halo, but your point about your smallest ring being wearable is a good one.

TL, this makes me feel better, but at the same time I wonder if I should go for a 3 stone with bigger side stones like yours. I am going to see the wax Thurs and will get a better idea. I am still leaning towards a 5 stone because my other stones are too big for a 5 stone and I like the idea of setting variety. Well, I have 2 smaller stones but they are destined for halos.

I wore the top ring today by itself on my ring finger, with a thin band. I think it depends on the stone. If its intensely colored, it can stand by itself even if you have larger fingers like me.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That's good to know, TL. You have a great eye for color.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1427244922|3852048 said:
That's good to know, TL. You have a great eye for color.

Pregcurious, thank you.

One of the reasons I love halos is because I do have big fingers, and they really make a gem look larger IMO. Extra wedding bands also help if you don't have a halo.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you go with a 3 stone, you can use much larger side stones. The other kicker is that darker stones look smaller than lighter stones even though they might have the same face up dimensions due to our eyes tricking us.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Good point, Chrono.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww....I liked your picture of the shore as it looks very relaxing and scenic. Sorry you decided to take it down for privacy issues but I understand that.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I am trying to put it on the reset thread:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results