clarity

True Confessions

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1426891177|3850342 said:
missy|1426869213|3850075 said:
True confessions #231

The thing I hate most about the snow and rain is not being able to wear my beautiful boots. While I have nice snow boots (aquatalia and la canadienne) they are just not as pretty as my non snow/rain boots.

true confession: i LOVE moon boots. I buy anew pair every year so they fresh. i make sure to buy as gaudy a pair as possible. this year? metalic silver. last year? rainbow. if ihave to wear snow boots, its go big or go home

I like the way you think Niel. That's the way to do it. Go big or go home. Love it. :bigsmile:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1426891177|3850342 said:
missy|1426869213|3850075 said:
True confessions #231

The thing I hate most about the snow and rain is not being able to wear my beautiful boots. While I have nice snow boots (aquatalia and la canadienne) they are just not as pretty as my non snow/rain boots.

true confession: i LOVE moon boots. I buy anew pair every year so they fresh. i make sure to buy as gaudy a pair as possible. this year? metalic silver. last year? rainbow. if ihave to wear snow boots, its go big or go home

Niel, That is too funny and can't think of a better way to look at wearing snow If you have to wear them, they better be fun to wear!
The go big or go home is a saying a jeweler I know says all the time when referring to diamonds.

Missy, I can certainly see why you'd be disappointed about not being able to wear your boots.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha Callie, I am fully intending on wearing them in 70 degree weather if the mood strikes me. :devil: :cheeky:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
packrat|1426276797|3846753 said:
momhappy|1426273855|3846730 said:
My mom lives close to a small, really old cemetery. There's some really interesting stuff in it. It's so sad to see how many children (or even worse, almost entire families) that died (presumably from disease, etc.). My favorite inscription on one of the headstones was this:
Remember me as you pass by,
As you are now, so once was I,
As I am now, so you will be,
Prepare for death and follow me.

Interesting. Megadeth used something almost identical in song lyrics.

It is late medieval. When the Black Death spread over Europe, there was a cultural response which highlighted the nearness and suddenness of Death. One very popular image was from the tale of the three kings: three young kings went out hunting and merry making. While in the forest, they come across three skeletons in tattered clothing, dancing and saying those verses. I guess that put a damper on their day...

three_ladies.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOO! Love it!
I, too, have seen this epitaph on a few old headstones. Thanks for letting us know the story behind it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results