clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1426796977|3849709 said:
pregcurious|1426771889|3849484 said:
Acinom|1426771275|3849481 said:
Aiii, I actually forgot to check the vendor section. Thanks Chrono!!
Will check out the Tan stores.
I think it will be very difficult to find a large and saturated chryso in Tan's stores, unless it is a trillion. He tends to sell smaller stones.

Saw a besutiful blue cab on one of his store sites. Aaaah!

Jeff white has a larger chrysoberyl. its vanadium, so I wanted it, but he says it was sold to him an alexandrite and as such in some lighting gets some yellow to it. Also it was going to be a trillion shapes most likely so I had to pass.

So not really yellow and I'm not really helping, but still lol

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
What a great great great collection! Love all the stones and the settings. Very impressive and wonderful taste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SapphireStyle|1426790746|3849663 said:
I know that yellow zircons are not recommended for rings, but given the size of your collection Acinom, I am assuming it would be worn occasionally only, therefore you might consider one. I purchased a lovely cushion shaped zircon from Jeff White a couple of years ago. It doesn't show any brown that I can see. I think I have a pic somewhere. It might be worth considering zircon if you can't find a chryso you want. _2350.jpg

What a beautiful zircon!!! I cannot believe you could resist setting it. Thanks for sharing the photo and the information.
Perhaps I should contact Jeff in the future.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shulaibaoma|1426797609|3849716 said:
What a great great great collection! Love all the stones and the settings. Very impressive and wonderful taste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww, what a huge compliment. Thank you for your kind words.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

No self-banning allowed! :o I would have to issue a formal complaint to the mods!

Gorgeous new addition ring--gummy yummy cab.

cheers--Sharon

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Your collection is really amazing, but cabochon made me gasp :love:. Very simple, but so delicious. I love it :clap:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1426672402|3848988 said:

These group shots are AMAZING!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I love all of your rings but my favourites have to be your blues and greens - especially the blue green tourm (of course!), amazing sapphire and paraiba. And definately the amethyst cab - the size, colour, settiing, everything - it really blew me away!

PS I can definately see you rocking a saturated yellow sapphire!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the way we all jump in and encourage Acinom to get a yellow CS! :bigsmile:

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for chiming in DK, Ricezo, Confection10, Marlow, canuk-gal!!

DK: :lol: I cannot believe how you are enabling me...

Ricezo: My favorites are indeed my blues and also purple, reds and deep magenta colors, like your new Rhodolite. I cannot wait to see how you will set it. I can also see a yellow sapphire in my future as these have the yellow yellow look I prefer. I will have some saving up to do first then 8-)

Confection10: thank you! This morning I wore the spess and currently I am wearing the cab. I love the richness of the 20K in combination with the purple.

Marlow: thank you for these links! It helps me in finding out what my ideal yellow stone is.

Canuk-gal: thank you for your kind words!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I planned on not setting the Pink Rhodolite from Jeff Davies but I like the combo with Barry's cab Ammy's. Somehow it does resemble Mickey Mouse though :twisted:

It's getting dark so I had to use the flashlight. Will have a look again tomorrow during the day.

_28164.jpg

_28165.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoops, double post.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
It does look like mickey mouse! But in a good way! :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1426934751|3850514 said:
It does look like mickey mouse! But in a good way! :lol:
Whahahahaha :lol:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
The Amethyst cab ring is to die for! Love love love it x

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Paraiba sugarloaf cab setting dilemma
Soo, due to the deteriorating conversion rate from euro to dollar I will not set my Paraiba cab in the setting I had in mind: a platinum setting with OEC sides (see page 2). I might have it set in a much simpler setting though like the setting David drew for me (which was intended for setting a yellow beryl, which turned out to be quite ugly in real life).
- should I set in platinum, with or without engraving? OR
- should I have it set in 20K RG, with or without engraving. Would love to hear your thoughts.

_28190.jpg

_28191.jpg

_28192.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD|1426938869|3850539 said:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
The Amethyst cab ring is to die for! Love love love it x

Aww, thank you for liking my ring LD!

_28193.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
About the Paraiba cab, I prefer the more glamourous setting on Page 2 myself, and would rather wait until the exchange rate is more favourable before setting it, otherwise I might regret settling for the "second best" later so to speak.

All IMHO, of course. ;))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1426939415|3850542 said:
About the Paraiba cab, I prefer the more glamourous setting on Page 2 myself, and would rather wait until the exchange rate is more favourable before setting it, otherwise I might regret settling for the "second best" later so to speak.

All IMHO, of course. ;))

Thank you for chiming in and giving your honest opinion DK!
In this case it would not feel second best to me as I actually like the simple lines of the split shank as well as I like the more ornate vintage inspired setting on page 2.

Thank you :wavey:

_28194.jpg

_28195.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1426938992|3850540 said:
Soo, due to the deteriorating conversion rate from euro to dollar I will not set my Paraiba cab in the setting I had in mind: a platinum setting with OEC sides (see page 2). I might have it set in a much simpler setting though like the setting David drew for me (which was intended for setting a yellow beryl, which turned out to be quite ugly in real life).
- should I have it set in 20K RG, with or without engraving. Would love to hear your thoughts.

I think this setting would look fabulous. I love the clean lines of the bezel and split shank so if it was my ring, my preference would be no engraving, but with a beautifully detailed basket. However, I havent seen a ring of yours that I havent loved, so Im sure that it will be spectacular no matter what!

Both platinum and rose gold would look great, they are just very different looks so completely depends on your preference!

I can't wait to see what you decide!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1426974648|3850732 said:
Acinom|1426938992|3850540 said:

I think this setting would look fabulous. I love the clean lines of the bezel and split shank so if it was my ring, my preference would be no engraving, but with a beautifully detailed basket. However, I havent seen a ring of yours that I havent loved, so Im sure that it will be spectacular no matter what!

Both platinum and rose gold would look great, they are just very different looks so completely depends on your preference!

I can't wait to see what you decide!

Thank you for chiming in and sharing your view Ricezo! I appreciate your opinion, especially since I love your taste in gemstones and jewelry. This is really helpful to hear the different opinions: it helps to sharpen the mind.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So, Acinom - now that you've had some time with your family, I must ask: which is your fav? How do you pick? Which do you wear the most often?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1427306616|3852318 said:
So, Acinom - now that you've had some time with your family, I must ask: which is your fav? How do you pick? Which do you wear the most often?

Hi Athenaworth :wavey:
Whahahahaha :lol:
My blue sapphire is my favorite. Directly followed by the vivid saturated stones in random order: the green tourmaline, amethyst, rubellite, red spess. Then the Paraiba and blue zircon. The soft pinkish sapphire in the setting by Caysie is my 'least favorite' because it has the least contrast with my skintone. It's still a coveted ring set though.

I switch rings every few days, depending on my mood, the weather... Just like I pick my clothes.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We have completely different skin tones, but I'm the exact same way. I love my super vibrant stuff.

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1426873998|3850143 said:
I planned on not setting the Pink Rhodolite from Jeff Davies but I like the combo with Barry's cab Ammy's. Somehow it does resemble Mickey Mouse though :twisted:

It's getting dark so I had to use the flashlight. Will have a look again tomorrow during the day.

Acinom, I really had a micky mouse necklace make of citrine years ago but I gave it to my niece after I had my son. What you are going to doing with the paired amethyst?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1427307704|3852326 said:
We have completely different skin tones, but I'm the exact same way. I love my super vibrant stuff.
Your mahenges and Jeff White sapphire are fabulous to the max. Please post a group pic of your favorites!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shulaibaoma|1427307844|3852329 said:
Acinom|1426873998|3850143 said:

Acinom, I really had a micky mouse necklace make of citrine years ago but I gave it to my niece after I had my son. What you are going to doing with the paired amethyst?

Do you still have a picture of your Micky Mouse necklace shulaibaoma. What a special gift for your niece!
The little amethysts will be set in earrings. It's not a priority though.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Acinom|1427308069|3852330 said:
Your mahenges and Jeff White sapphire are fabulous to the max. Please post a group pic of your favorites!

I'm not allowed to anymore so I'll just oogle yours, but they were fun!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1427308291|3852332 said:
Acinom|1427308069|3852330 said:

I'm not allowed to anymore so I'll just oogle yours, but they were fun!!

Ah, you are in the trade offcourse. Luckily we can still go back to your old threads 8-)

S

SparkliesLuver

Hi, Acinom. :wavey:

You know how I feel about the setting on page 2. ;-) But the alternative option is lovely as well. They indeed are two different directions, so in the end it comes down to what look you really want...money aside (for the moment).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results