color
clarity

Vendor pictures and owner pictures of PS stones

mbakercad

Rough_Rock
Acinom|1422309244|3822360 said:
mbakercad|1422246816|3822104 said:
Acinom|1415132617|3777481 said:
Zircon from Jeff Davies. In reality the stone looks quite similar to the vendor pic by Jeff.
The stone is what I had been hoping for, but better.

I want to learn more about this setting. Can someone please contact me with any information. This is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks!

MD

Thank you Minous :wavey:
Mbakercad: this is indeed my setting made by Victor: www.victorcanera.com
Here is my thread so you can see more views: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-zircon-ring-dipped-in-diamond-sugar-by-victor-canera.203638/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-zircon-ring-dipped-in-diamond-sugar-by-victor-canera.203638/page-2[/URL]

It's a three sided pave platinum setting. Single cut diamonds were used as melee and the stones are bright cut set. Do you already have a color stone or diamond you would like to set? If you love the setting you could ask Victor for a quote. He is a very nice and professional guy.

Hello,

I'm starting my long slow journey on educating myself for an upcoming ER purchase. I already have a good idea of my girlfriends taste and this setting is near perfection. I do not have a stone, but I do plan on getting a dark blue sapphire. I have already found out that Asscher cut sapphires are not common. After contacting Victor Canera I do not expect to get this exact setting but it is not due to my lack or love. I'm a big fan of your ring.

Thanks,
mbakercad

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 1.49 ct pinkish sapphire from Jeff Davies

I would say the photo of the loose stone by Caysie is the most accurate. In reality the stone is much more beautiful compared to the vendor pic. My decision was based on the video by Jeff which is fairly accurate.

_26801.jpg

_26802.jpg

_26803.jpg

_26804.jpg

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have made a number of purchases with vendors on this forum's list. First up is a 1.8 carat Montana sapphire cabochon. It was described as "a yellow center with just a kiss of orange, surrounded by blue all the way around." Even though I live in Montana, I have never seen a cabochon for sale in person...so I tried the internet.

I purchased from MountainMommaGems on Etsy. Overall, I think the gem was as described and pictured. She was very nice to deal with too.

Vendor picture below with more here: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/255910924???????

My picture was taken sitting near a south window (it is the cab on the right):

I had it set in yellow gold in a stock setting.

img_7178.jpg

img_7179.jpg

Attachments

• orange-cab-2.bmp
    715.6 KB · Views: 1,588

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
A 7mm Malaya Garnet from Precision Gem. It is cut in the Star 80 design. It was rated by the vendor as: Color 8/10, Clarity 8/10, Brilliance 5/5.

The cut is very cool. I think the color matches the vendor's picture.

This was my first precision cut gem. The stone has an inclusion that is obvious in the vendor's pictures. It has been a good learning stone about looking at photos and questioning anything that looks odd. Unfortunately, once I noticed the inclusion in person it was all I could see even at arm's length when looking at the gem.

Please excuse my dry winter hands. :oops:

img_7182.jpg

img_7185.jpg

Attachments

• g-orange.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,578

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
From Artistic Colored Stones, a Rhodolite Garnet 5.26 cts 10.0 mm cabochon. It was described as "medium to medium/dark red color". It was said to be barely short of flawless at 10x.

Barry's photo and description are spot on. It is a beautiful cab. I'm very happy with it and Barry is wonderful to work with.

img_7187.jpg

img_7188.jpg

Attachments

• rgarnet-asc.bmp
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,568

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous acquisitions mtsapphirelovingannie! I especially love your multicolour Montana cab! It's gorgeous and so unique.

Do your garnets shift colour in outdoor and fluorescent light?

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
You know, the montana cab by itself I didn't think was that awesome but it looks SO GOOD in that ring. Just beautiful! And extremely jealous of the rhodolite cab as well, it's so rich! I've been really eyeing up cabs lately so it's nice to see some :)

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you ricezo and deskjockey. I have the Malaya garnet set in a silver ring and I don't notice any shift. The garnet cab doesn't shift much either. The sapphire cab is the shifty one of the bunch. It is an interesting stone which is why I like it. Deskjocky, I am having fun looking at cabs too. :)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
am-1325g_1470_detail.jpg t-1348g_2024_detail.jpg il_570xn_118.jpg

Two new stones, a medium-dark Congo amethyst and a medium yellowish-green tourmaline from Barry and a pink Mahenge spinel cab from Yvonne Raley.

1.70 ct (7.5mm) Congo tourmaline
2.81 (8.5mm) Congo Amethyst

The amethyst was a little darker than I expected from Barry's photo, but not as dark as my photos show. The tourmaline was more yellow than I had expected, but a nice green. However, the cutting on both is amazing and both stones are nice.

2.48ct 9x7mm Pink Mahenge spinel cabochon
This was nowhere near as neon / glowy as I had expected from the vendor photos and description, but the color was a nice saturated pink and the price was reasonable.

cstourmspinel.jpg cshand1.jpg cshand2.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great new additions Mochiko!
I love love love the royal color of the Amethyst.
Looking forward to see how you will set these as you always seem to be able to find great matches. Any ideas on settings yet?

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
mtsapphirelovingannie|1425005549|3838827 said:
The sapphire cab is the shifty one of the bunch. It is an interesting stone which is why I like it.

She had one a while back (it may still be there, I should look) that was white/clear (with maybe a touch of silk), with a peachish orangeish center. I would really like to see that one in rose gold or something.

I should go look around and clean up my etsy favorites, gotta let hubby know my birthday is in only nine months. LOL.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom said:
Great new additions Mochiko!
I love love love the royal color of the Amethyst.
Looking forward to see how you will set these as you always seem to be able to find great matches. Any ideas on settings yet?
Thanks Acinom! I'm probably going to set the amethyst into a yellow gold pendant, but I don't have any plans/ideas to set the green tourmaline and spinel cab yet... My bling budget is depleted at the moment so I would likely have to wait towards the end of the year or early next year before starting any new projects. :)

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mtsapphirelovingannie, I think I have your sister stone as mine is 11mm. Barry is such a pleasure to work with. His follow up is great and I find his descriptions spot on. I'd love to see yours and mochiko42's when set. It's nice to see some cabs on here. I've recently been in a cab mood due to exhaustion researching tables, crowns, depth, tilt windows . . . :wall:

_27622.jpg

_27623.jpg

_27624.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amethyst from Barry from acstones. I would say his photo is rather accurate.

_28061.jpg

_28062.jpg

_28063.jpg

_28064.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.06 spess by Jim McCormick who provided a photo and a video. I based my decision primarily on the video which is quite accurate. Jim also gave a very clear description via mail which was very helpful.

_28065.jpg

_28066.jpg

_28067.jpg

_28069.jpg

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
kgizo|1425509308|3841949 said:
mtsapphirelovingannie, I think I have your sister stone as mine is 11mm. Barry is such a pleasure to work with. His follow up is great and I find his descriptions spot on. I'd love to see yours and mochiko42's when set. It's nice to see some cabs on here. I've recently been in a cab mood due to exhaustion researching tables, crowns, depth, tilt windows . . . :wall:

Yes it looks like my sister stone. :) I posted a picture of my set stone on the eye candy thread. I think I have enjoyed most buying cabs. It is less stressful. I don't fuss nearly as much about any flaws. :)

Anyhow, I have bought a few more faceted gems cut by Barry at acstones.com. Barry is good to work with and his descriptions are pretty good. I am new to the world of trourmaline. First up, is a Afghan Tourmaline listed as "1.48 cts, 7.1 mm... This tourmaline has a bright medium to medium/dark green color which is a bit more yellowish under fluorescent lighting. It is just barely short of flawless at 10x..." I think it does have a yellowish tint in most light.

bb-green-facet-tourm.jpg

img_7519.jpg

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The other tourmaline was described as "Nigerian Tourmaline 2.20 cts. 8.1 mm... This tourmaline has a very bright medium to medium/light pink color. It was cut from a beautiful nodule and is flawless at 30x. It also has those interesting blue flashes!"

This gem was also cut by Barry of acstones.com. It is bright and flawless. The cutting is great. However, it isn't the pink I expected. I think it looks very peachy. But I am new to tourmaline... I'm still on the fence about keeping it.

bb-pink-tourmaline.jpg

img_7521.jpg

img_7522.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mtsapphirelovingannie|1428104912|3856608 said:
The other tourmaline was described as "Nigerian Tourmaline 2.20 cts. 8.1 mm... This tourmaline has a very bright medium to medium/light pink color. It was cut from a beautiful nodule and is flawless at 30x. It also has those interesting blue flashes!"

This gem was also cut by Barry of acstones.com. It is bright and flawless. The cutting is great. However, it isn't the pink I expected. I think it looks very peachy. But I am new to tourmaline... I'm still on the fence about keeping it.

Beautiful stones! Any ideas on how to set these?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, it depends if you like peach colored stones. Note the background color in Barry's photo is pink, not sure why that is??? In any case, it doesn't look like the stone in your hand.

PieAreSquared

Shiny_Rock
TL|1428151020|3856826 said:

Well, it depends if you like peach colored stones. Note the background color in Barry's photo is pink, not sure why that is??? In any case, it doesn't look like the stone in your hand.

Tourmalines are dichroic, one color on one axis, another color on the other axis. Nigerian pink tourmalines are notoriously crazy, sometimes salmon-peach, and in other light mauve or even bubble gum pink. Try it under all different lights. With their split personality, I can't imagine they would be photogenic, but they are beautiful!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PieAreSquared|1428169018|3856941 said:
TL|1428151020|3856826 said:

Tourmalines are dichroic, one color on one axis, another color on the other axis. Nigerian pink tourmalines are notoriously crazy, sometimes salmon-peach, and in other light mauve or even bubble gum pink. Try it under all different lights. With their split personality, I can't imagine they would be photogenic, but they are beautiful!

I personally would want a stone to look great in all lighting, or at the very least, the light source I plan to be in much of the day (office lighting for example).

Some people like peachy stones, so this may be a keeper for her, but if it was advertised as pink tourmaline and shows peach most of the time, or is overwhelmingly peachy, then it wasn't advertised properly. I would call it a peachy pink or peach tourmaline then.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I love the cutting on your Barry stones MSLAnnie (sorry I'm lazy)! I love the colour of your peachy pink tourm but agree with the others - keep it if you like the peach, but keep looking if you prefer a pink pink.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Non color matching sapphires from The Gem Trader. His Photography is quite accurate. The stones have the same color intensity.
The first photo is the most accurate. The last one the least.

_28977.jpg

_28978.jpg

_28979.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My photo's for comparison. Pic 2 and 3 being the most accurate.

_28980.jpg

_28981.jpg

_28982.jpg

_28983.jpg

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a 4.25 carat precision cut blue Zircon from on Etsy. Here is the link to his website https://www.etsy.com/shop/GranGem

This first picture is the vendor's picture
il_570xn_126.jpg

The following three pictures are my pictures of the stone
img_0249.jpg
img_0248.jpg
img_0247.jpg

Overall, I am very pleased with the purchase. The stone was shipped quickly and it was exactly as described.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few new cabs

Vendors:
4.23 ct, 12x8 oval cab from Chris Auletta (Facebook Fine Faceted Gems and Cabs Market group) . Polished by Ryan Quantz.
11079811_10153153438769354_469772521_n.jpg

An amethyst and moonstone from Barry Bridgestock ACS
amethystcab.jpg moonstone_3.jpg

My photos:

amgsms.jpg gshand.jpg gshand1.jpg ammycab1.jpg gsms1.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three amazing stones!!! Great haul Mochiko!
The beautiful cabs combine so amazing together :love: :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Phwaahh! They are gorgeous Mochiko! Any setting plans?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd been obsessed over this flame spinel from TGT forever so I finally got it home last month. It was very disappointing as the color had a lot of what appeared to be brown to my eye. I will post photos that best represent what I saw in the stone, best middle of the road and worst. Problem was I rarely saw it at its best, and typically its worst (to my eye)

uploadfromtaptalk1429358581596.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1429358602134.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1429358640538.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1429358656366.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results