shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe, we love the Performing Arts Center in Tampa. It's walking distance from us, which is a great thing. It's also on Tampa's Riverwalk and soon the sidewalk on the Riverwalk will be complete and go for several miles and is a wonderful walk along the cities waterfront.

Thanks for the good first day wishes Marcy. Even though I know several people there, I'm still anxious and will be glad to have the first day finished. I'll report tomorrow night about my first day adventure. I'll be starting with a good friend from my last job as tomorrow is his first day as well, so we'll be experiencing the same thing together!

My dad was sane today, so that was good. He likes to tell the same stories over and over and over, but that's better than him talking about dreams as though they were reality. He's done that a lot lately and they're pretty bizarre.

We're having steamed jumbo shrimp (I mean really jumbo - 10 shrimp to the pound!) and salad for dinner. Yummmm!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck on your first day, Rod! I'm sure it will be good to see some familiar faces at your new company.

Marcy, nah, I didn't get my school project done. It's not due for another month or so, so I still have some time. I did read an article and write a reflection for class though before moving on to do other school stuff. What books are you reading? I got a Kindle recently and I've been reading a lot, too. I read fiction, generally light-hearted stories, with a few detective/mystery books thrown in. I never thought I'd want a Kindle, but since I got this one as a Christmas gift, I have to admit that I really like it. I can take it with me and read when I have a few spare minutes, and I like that it doesn't take up a lot of space.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids –

Curby, I can’t believe that’s how they let you go! I would have been SO mad! If you’re gonna fire me, at least fire in ME PERSON!

Zoe, I would do great on an elimination diet until they told me to cut out booze, fat, sugar, or anything that tastes good. But if they want me to give up liver and brussel sprouts and okra, well, I’m in with that!

Rod, happy first day at the new job!!!!! You’ll do smashing! It’s awesome that you’re going to a place where you already know people. That’s half the battle – trying to figure out the job and all the new faces is like a double whammy.

Deegee… hmmm… they all look *capable* of the crime so it’s hard to pick one furry field out of the three mug shots presented!

So the location scout came on Friday and she said my place is GREAT for print ads and commercials, and maybe small film productions (like for TV) but doing a full blown movie here might be tough because they would have to park the big rigs on the street and then wheel everything through the parking lot to get to my unit because the gate isn’t big enough to get a giant truck through. She gave me a thumbnail breakdown of how many people would generally be involved in a shoot (2-10 for a print ad, 15-30 for a commercial, 50-100 for a TV show, up to 200+ for a movie). Two hundred – that’s A LOT of people! Who knows, it may come to nothing, but there are four more scouts that want to come and see the place in person, so maybe you’ll open a magazine or flip on the TV some day and say, HEY! That’s Dee’s living room!

We had a court date this morning for sewer violation. When the inspector came out last week she put in her notes that the problem was fixed in November but we haven’t had a heavy rain since then so asked to have the case continued to May to give it a chance to rain so we can be sure the fix is good. I don’t know what’s going to happen if it doesn’t rain by then though…

Today I am (drum roll please!) going to CLEAN MY CLOSET. I am going to be – say it with me – RUTHLESS! I’ve got a closet full of clothes for “when I lose those 10 lbs… 20 lbs… 30 lbs… NO! It’s all go to GO! The one wildcard is my suits. I really hate to get rid of those in case I really DO lose a couple pounds because they are so expensive. And I don’t have that many of them, so they might get relegated to the back of the close (again… ). OK, off to get ruthless!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Rod, I am so anxious to hear about your first day of work.

Walking along the city waterfront sounds absolutely fabulous. I wish they’d finish the greenway around our house. The path behind our house is there but there isn’t one going from our street down to it. I can go through the basement and out our back door though. When it’s finished we’ll have greenway on 2 sides of our house.

Your jumbo shrimp sound delicious!

That made for a nice afternoon visit that your dad was not hallucinating. Getting old isn’t for sissies, huh?

Zoe, sounds like you have plenty of time to get your project done.

I started a series by WEB Griffin. This series is call “By Order of the President” and I think it has about 8 books in the series. It’s kind of action thriller stories centered around some high level people working for the president trying to stop or prevent acts of terror. The first book was about a stolen 727 and this one is about a murdered assistant to a foreign ambassador. I wouldn’t say they are well written but they sure get you involved enough you just want to keep reading them. He has about 6 series of books. The last series of books I read was the Jack Reacher books by Lee Child. I also read all of the Vince Flynn books and Micheal Connelly’s books.

I didn’t read much when I worked 2 jobs. I got a Kindle the summer I quit teaching and have read a ton of books since then. I now use the Kindle app on my iPad. Have you read the Stephanie Plum books (Janet Evanovich)? They aren’t top quality books but entertaining.

Dee Jay, I am kind of glad I wasn’t teaching the last few years with everything else I dealt with but I was sure upset when it happened. I have to say firing someone in the mail shows absolutely no class at all.

Wow to how many people would be in your place for a movie or TV show. I still think that would be so incredibly cool. You of course would keep us posted so we can watch the show, see the ad or buy the magazine. I can say I know a famous home.

Did you go to court today about the sewer problem? How did it go?

Did you attack your closet and get kid of things? I bet it wasn’t pretty since you were so determined. I swear I need to do that too.

Deegee, did you come back home today? Is the weather better?

We had temps in the 50’s today. It was fabulous.

I went to the CPA’s during lunch and took checks for our taxes and the estate return. Since I was close to our house I had Marty meet me at Chilis for lunch. We split an appetizer plate.

Marty has been getting calls and now 2 letters from Hertz wanting to know about the accident he had in the car we rented in Arizona last fall. We didn’t have an accident. This is going to be fun! He has called the number back a number of times and can’t reach anyone. He is a member of the gold card and called them and the guy he talked to didn’t see anything on his account but of course couldn’t help him. He did give him a different phone number to try from 8-5 ET.

Have a great evening.
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there. I had a nice first day. They don't come in early, that's for sure. I couldn't sleep this morning, so I got up, took my shower, got dressed and headed to the new place. I got there a few minutes past 8:00 AM. Door locked. I had to sit there for about 30 minutes before anyone showed up. They told me they're 9 - 5, and I guess they meant it. The day was mostly getting system access, updating my LinkedIn profile, having to reinstall a tracking system, which didn't load correctly when they set up my system. I didn't really do any work. I'm hoping to actually get started in earnest tomorrow. It was fun seeing some people I hadn't seen in a long time. And it was funny that one of the guys on my team, is someone I knew from the gym when I was still going to the gym.

Thanks everyone for thinking about me today. It was a good day!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay, I hear you on the elimination diet. I gave up most sweets a little over 2 years ago, and there are days when cravings hit HARD. When I dig into a bowl of plain/non-sweetened Greek yogurt and raspberries and try to convince myself it's really ice cream, yeah well...that doesn't work so well. I'm glad things went well with the scout that came over. Oh and 5 hours of working on your closet?! That's determination!

Marcy, I'll have to check out the series you mentioned. I've read Janet Evanovich's books and they're pretty good. You're right, not exactly top quality, but they make great summer reads.

Rod, I'm glad you had a good first day. It sounds like they meant it when they said they keep 9-5 hours. At least if you can't sleep you know you can have a somewhat leisurely morning before arriving at 9:00.

The teacher for the math class I'm taking is coming in to observe me tomorrow. She was supposed to come last week but cancelled the night before. I have to get my math centers for the week ready to make sure I have everything I need. The observation isn't meant to be a judgment thing or an evaluation, but it's still a little nerve-racking to have someone watch what you do and then meet afterwards to talk about it. I don't have a meeting after school today, so I'll be heading to the gym. I bit the bullet and called a cleaning service to arrange bi-weekly appointments. We've had one before in our old place and I'm not going to lie, it was great. I hated parting with the money but I admit it was money well spent. I can't wait to have a spotless house again! It's been too long! Nothing else is new. Just plugging along...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I’ve been reading a bunch of things lately too, especially since I subscribed to Kindle Unlimited. The problem with that though is the selection is Kindle Unlimited is VERY limited… So I end up taking more time to find something to read than I do actually reading it. I may just cancel the subscription because it’s turning out to be way more hassle than it’s worth.

Rod, LOL on being the first one there! And the first day is always one of those technology days, so don’t feel bad at all. I’m sure you’ll be up and running today.

Zoe, when I did the Atkins diet many years ago I would find things to try to trick myself into thinking it was dessert. It was back before they had sugar substitutes (other than saccharine) that held up well under heat so pretty much the only “good” thing I had from a dessert standpoint was a crustless no-bake cheesecake. I might as well have just sat there eating a brick of cream cheese because that’s about what it was!

The CB was amazed when he came home at all the bags of stuff I’m getting rid of from my closet… and similarly amazed at how much is still left… HA! Oh well, at least I made *some* progress.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay, I was thinking about getting Kindle Unlimited, but I had heard that it was actually pretty limited. Have you tried your local library? My state's library system has Overdrive, which is how I borrow Kindle books unless I get them from Amazon. What kind of books do you like?

Rod, about being the first one to work...I get there so early, they actually gave me a key to the building. I much rather get to work early (or make appointments, etc.) on the earlier side.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, day two and I actually got to do some real work today. The environment is so loose that all I can do is laugh. They simply have no filters on anything. There are even guys vaping on e-cigarettes at their desks, which is fine with me. I like how nothing seems to be off limits. I walked by one guys desk and he had a picture of a naked person on his screen. It's actually refreshing to work where they let you do pretty much what you want. I'm a bit more restrained/filtered, but I must admit it's kind of funny. All they want is for us to get people hired.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday! :wavey:

Rod, that’s great you start work at 9 instead of 8. Your lunch is included in your 8 hours. Sweet. It sounds like a nice relaxing atmosphere there too. Do clients come in to see you about jobs or is it mostly handled online? I bet you will really like working there.

Zoe, the grandmother in the Stephanie Plum series usually gets me to laugh out loud at least once in every book. I would also be nervous having someone watch me teach. I am confident you’ll do fine. Good call to hire a cleaning service. I think that rates right up there on my “must have” list with an attached garage.

Dee Jay, I heard the selection in Kindle Unlimited wasn’t that great. Marty is easily 100’s of books ahead of me so I just browse his selection of free-to-me books. Your sugar free story reminded me of an experiment I had in baking. I made chocolate chip cookies with diet margarine, applesauce; all the less fattening substitutes and accidentally left the last batch in the over for about 50 minutes. They didn’t burn but you could play hockey with them. Yay for getting rid of a lot of clothes; now you have room to buy more.

I left roast and potatoes in the crock-pot for supper. Marty brewed up some gravy for us and baked some carrots in the oven. We had a snicker doodle for dessert. I love being done with dishes but 6:15. Woo hoo!

I mailed a card this morning and made it through the post office hair pin drive through without incident. :appl:

Weather here was awesome today. We were near 60.

Take care!
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, yes 9 - 5 includes whatever time we want for lunch. I usually just pop on my Bluetooth headphones, turn on music from Pandora and eat lunch at my desk and do some work. In our business, we don't meet candidates. We use the phone and email or even text (millenials love to text) to communicate. So, it doesn't matter what we're wearing. When we meet clients, we almost always go to their offices.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday night kids!

Zoe, I really am not in love with Kindle unlimited at all. As an avid reader You think you can always find something to read… and you CAN… but with this system it sometimes take a WHILE before I come across anything I am willing to invest the time in.

Rod, LOL on the guy with the naked person on his screen! I am in what can be considered the stuffiest workplace on this planet… and maybe any other planet too. There are days when I feel kind of strangled by the propriety of it all. (Coming from someone who once screamed “Suck my left t!t” to my boss’s boss… )

Curby, my philosophy is that the ingredients are the ingredients for a reason. Applesauce in lieu of oil is just wrong. And over 60 there means we’ll have a warm day here tomorrow!

So I just had a guy through that is shooting (I think) a commercial here on Monday. It might be a print ad, but I am pretty sure it’s a commercial. The bad news is I have a condo meeting on Monday night so I may miss the whole thing, but to the tune of three thousand bucks a day I can afford to take the CB out to dinner afterwards in payment for babysitting them! Anyway, we’ll see how all this pans out.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well DeeJay, not only could you say that at my new office, but you could whip it out and evidently no one would have any issue with it. LOL The company I just left is very prim and proper too. This is about as opposite as one can find and still be in this universe!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I do the same thing, I usually eat at my desk and do work off and on as it shows up. Today I was reading a Far Side book during lunch. It’s nice that you work in a relaxing atmosphere.

Dee Jay, I work in one of those stuffy can’t do, say or show anything places. Sadly I found out the hard way big companies have to protect themselves that way. I can’t believe the stuff people will try to sue for rather than admit that yes, this job just isn’t in my skill sets. I agree ingredients are listed for a reason. We gave up fat free cream cheese, butter and cheese when we realized it doesn’t even come off things in the dishwasher. Yes, you will have a gorgeous day tomorrow. How exciting to have an ad being shot on Monday in your beautiful home. I think taking CB out to dinner is good payment for babysitting the place for you.

Marty talked to a lady at Hertz and some lady submitted a claim saying a car with our rental license plate hit her car in a parking lot in California on November 26th. Lucky we have 2 credible witnesses we were having lunch in Mesa – that’s right Dee Jay – you and CB are our alibi. Ha Ha. Anyway Marty told her we never left the state of Arizona and we didn’t have any accidents with it anyway. She was going to check our mileage and “see” if that was true. She hadn’t even talked to the lady filing the claim yet. Either it happened on a different day than November 26 or she got the plates wrong. We will see how that goes.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, you just have that lady from Hertz call me and I will assure her that you and Marty were drinking -- er, I mean EATING! -- lunch with me and CB that day in Phoenix! Doncha worry, one short chat with that woman and I'll have everything straightened out! :cheeky:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, I just told the CB all this and he pointed out that you paid for lunch so you have a receipt (or at least access to the receipt through your credit card company) showing that ate lunch in Phoenix. Not sure if that's very useful, but you may be able to trot that out as further evidence you weren't in California at that point.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

Dee Jay, I'll get you that ladies phone number at Hertz. I am sure you'll set her straight. Be sure NOT to mention drinking and driving. :bigsmile: Tell CB good call on finding our receipt for lunch. Little did you guys know we bought lunch so you'd be our alibis.

Work seemed to drag on forever. I am cranky / sad this week which makes being at work worse. I think the finality of finishing the estate is getting to me. Sad and glad to be done with it and all. Our check for taxes cleared this morning but I don't see it in my dad's account yet. I'll be waiting a few more days.

Marty and I met at Outback for supper. He wanted to wander around some hardware stores so I came home and started a batch of laundry and want to read tonight.

I hope everyone had a great day!

Curby

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay, that's exciting that a print ad might be shot at your condo!

Rod, it sounds like fun to work in such a laid back place.

Marcy, I can imagine how draining it must be to go through/deal with someone's estate. I'm sorry you're going through that.

Hi Deegee!

I had my observation yesterday and it went well, except that we had a fire drill in the middle of it. My kids were so good though, and when we got back inside, they all got right back to work. My math teacher gave me some really positive feedback on my lesson and the centers we did, and it was nice to hear. We have a workshop day tomorrow to write curriculum, so today's like a Friday at school.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, CB and I are happy to be your alibi. Hell, I like you so much I'd even bail you out of jail (but knowing us we'd be in jail TOGETHER so the CB and Marty would be the ones handing over the $ to get their women back, LOL!)

Zoe, yah for a great observation! The fire drill is a bummer but even that went well, so that's totally a great reflection on you too!

Last night we met the usual crowd for dinner at our Wednesday night place. Somehow we go for the $13 burger and old fashioned special and end up spending $75 bucks a head every time... ???

I'm in office today since I was out on Monday but tomorrow I've got a painter coming early to look at fixing a wall that one of my original guys did a lousy job on, and then I'm having lunch with a friend who's moving to Denver. I may also try to clean out some more stuff... but maybe not!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone........I finally slept until the alarm rang this morning. I don't know why, but I've been waking up at 6:00 AM, when I would normally get up at 7:00 AM. It must have something to with Daylight Saving Time, but it doesn't make any sense at all, because it means according to my internal clock, I'm getting up earlier than I would.

Work is going well. It's still funny to work where no one monitors what you're doing at all. While I really really appreciate it, I also notice people on my time don't work all that hard. Since we also get commission, I suspect I'll do quite well as I'm very focused and well planned to work throughout the day. It was ingrained in us at my last company as they monitored every single second of our day.

My brother and fiance came down today. We'll spend the weekend with them and go get our wedding rings. I know their rings are ready. I'm hoping ours are as well. If they are, I'll post pics.

I hope you're all having a great week and are looking forward to a terrific weekend.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday!

Zoe, that’s great your observation went well and you received positive feedback. That always feels good to get noticed for doing things well. That’s impressive your students went right back to work after a fire drill. Enjoy your workshop day at school tomorrow.

Dee Jay, you know Marty and CB might just leave us in a jail for a while and have a good laugh about it. I am sure we had fun getting there though and I bet it involved bling and booze. I had to chuckle how your $13 deal turns in to $75. Often our alcohol bill is higher than the food. We went to a Melting Pot with 2 other couples primarily because we had a great coupon. Sadly we did not stick to the coupon plus drank a LOT. When the bill came I thought the number at the bottom was the time we arrived. Nope; it was about $630 plus tip. Oh well, we had fun. You have a busy day planned for tomorrow. I swear I am going to start throwing things out.

Rod, I am glad you slept until your alarm went off. I’ve been waking up about 5:30; about an hour early. It takes me a while to adjust to DST. I bet you’ll do fabulous at your new job. It’s nice not to be hovered over and be treated like an adult. I am so anxious to see all of your rings. I bet you are all very excited. Enjoy visiting with your brother and SIL this weekend.

Marty met me for lunch today. I made beef stroganoff out of leftover roast tonight and we have more than enough for lunch tomorrow.

Marty is working tonight. He’s current projects are Romania again, Brazil and Argentina. I have no idea if he’s heading off to any of them soon.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Rod, I am sure you will work circles around all the other people in that office! I hope you, Charlie, your brother and future SIL have a marvelous time this weekend, and I'm anxiously awaiting pictures of ALL of the rings!

Curby, LOL on thinking the bill amount was the time!!! I've had moments like that too... I'm like "Wait, I want this bill in American Dollar, not pesos!"

Right now I'm waiting for a painter to come and give me a quote on fixing the wall that the original guy (not the crook, but the guy before that) did a lousy job on. The CB has been trying to get the original guy to come back for weeks now and he's just ding dong so I'm moving on. (Unless of course the fix is expensive, in which case I will get on that guy's ass and he WILL come back.) After that I'm heading to Macy's to return something that I bought in a fit of madness and then I'm having lunch with some friends. This weekend is jam packed with real estate. Clients both Saturday and Sunday who are Ready To Write A Damn Contract Already. Wish me luck!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DeeJay. I was the last man standing at 5:00 PM this afternoon. ANd by the time my co-workers get in in the morning, I've already been working almost an hour. So, I'd better be more productive.

Happy Friday Ladies! I got the news our rings will also be ready tomorrow! YAY! I'll post some pics tomorrow evening. I'm anxious to see them, that's for sure.

I hope you all are looking forward to a great weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday!

Dee Jay, LOL on the bill coming in Pesos. Marty says Birr would be even better (that's the Ethiopian currency). I know when we go to a restaurant that doesn't serve alcohol the bill seems amazingly low. Does that say we drink too much? I hope you can get your wall fixed and hopefully for free. Good luck with your real estate clients this weekend including getting them to sign contracts. I know you won't treat your clients like our real estate agent did. She was so bad. When people ask for a good realtor all I ever say is "not ..."

Rod, I am sure you will far more productive than your co-workers. That's awesome you've been working for an hour before everyone else shows up. I am so excited for you to get your rings. I can't wait to see them. :appl: :appl: :appl: I know you'll enjoy your weekend.

I closed out my dad's checking account today. Mailed my sister's their checks, deposited mine then went out to the cemetery. I am glad settling the estate is all finished now. I wanted Asti Spumanti tonight but Marty never picked it up for me. I almost cried when he said he didn't go out but I know it's because I am emotional today. I had some chardonnay instead and that was okay.

Marty made some homemade BBQ sauce and cooked ribs on the grill. Trust me there wasn't many calories in those things; ribs on the bone don't have more than a bite or two of meat on them. We had rice and a dish of slow churned ice cream.

The weather is going to be nice this weekend. Sweet.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm sure it was difficult to close out your dad's account and disburse the funds. I've had to deal with all my father's financial issues since putting him a nursing home. I think the end of life is awful. I saw my dad tonight and sometimes he just babbles about dreams and other times he's himself. He has no real life in the home and I find it very sad to watch.

Yumm to barbeque ribs with homemade sauce! We had our normal Friday night Sushi. We've done the Sushi thing every Friday night for several years now. Usually with the same couple we met at the restaurant and then we became good friends, but they couldn't make it tonight.

Say hello to Marty for me...........

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Everyone,

It was such a nice day. We got our rings this afternoon, then we went to Beach Drive in St. Petersburg, which is a great area to shop and dine. We had a drink on the water, then we just walked around until we found the perfect place for dinner! Spending the afternoon with my brother and SIL was just so nice.

Here are pictures of our rings:

rod_2.jpg rod_1.jpg charlie_1.jpg charlie_2.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, your rings are gorgeous. It looks like they did a great job on them. Your drinks, dinner and walk sound like wonderful time.

My heart goes out to you, your brother and your dad. It is so difficult and heartbreaking watching someone we love continue to fail both mentally and physically. I believe they know what's going on too which makes it even harder. While I wish my mom was still here I am so glad she isn't unhappy and suffering anymore. My dad definitely had a void and broken heart those 5 months without her but I'll tell you he went the lucky way. He continued living his everyday life until the very last moment. If I had to choose - quick and unexpected would get my vote every time.

Marty says hi back. We were watching some show on the travel channel today and a guy was digging shells out along the ocean between some big old rocks and he had on a big watch. I asked Marty if he'd wear his watches doing that; he said NO. Every time he stuck his hand in between these skinny little spots you know his crystal was getting scratched.

We had a very lazy day. I made biscuits, eggs and bacon for BF. Marty made some creamy gravy for his biscuits. I brewed up a single batch of cc cookies to try my new mixer. I was good though and only had a hot one and one later with slow churned ice cream. We ate lunch at Olive Garden. They have a special BOGO so I have enough for 2 lunches now for both of us. Woo hoo! Cheap meals.

Off to finish one more batch of laundry then read.

Hi Dee Jay and Deegee.

Marcy / Curby

P.S. I think I had another curbing incident but I keep forgetting to look. Yes, it was at the post office. I need to start walking my mail inside instead of using the drive through.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Marcy. Getting the rings was exciting. The diamonds in my ring are much nicer than I imagined they would be. They were my fathers stones and I really wanted them to be in my ring. But in the ring he wore, they didn't look that nice. He'd also never cleaned the ring, so they had years of crud underneath which couldn't be seen. Once they were removed and cleaned, they really look nice and the jeweler said they were actually well cut stones. All in all, It really was a nice day for sure.

My mother went the right way. She went to sleep one night and never woke up. I want to go that way. Watching my father go downhill, living as a blind man in a nursing home is sad and in many ways a cruel way to end your life. I know this sounds harsh, but I hope he doesn't have to spend much more time there. All he does is sleep, eat and go to the bathroom.

I'm with Marty. My watches are never worn in harms way. Nor would I wear a ring in a situation where it could get scratched. I'm 'uber' careful with my watches and rings. They don't get scratches. None. Zip. Nada.

Sounds like you guys had a nice lazy day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

Rod, the diamonds in your ring look great. It is amazing what a transformation a good cleaning can do. I really like that you are using the diamonds from your father’s rings. Do Charlie and your brother and SIL like their rings? How long are they in town for?

I agree going in your sleep is a good way to go. Just go to sleep and that’s it. I completely understand your desire for your dad not to spend too long the way he is; we don’t want them to suffer. Life is cruel and unfair for sure.

I am glad we are all careful with our rings and watches. I sure didn’t used to be and chipped stones, bent rings, scratched up things. Luckily all of those were in inexpensive jewelry.

Dee Jay, I will be anxious to hear about the commercial tomorrow.

Deegee, I hope you had a relaxing weekend because I have no doubt you worked more than a 40 hour week.

We are having shiskabobs on the grill today. Mmm. It’s gorgeous here today. Marty is washing my car; I’ll have a red car again. Oh oh, he might notice more curby damage.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rats. There is a chunk out of my tire right by a badly damaged portion of my rim. I'll be tire shopping tomorrow. BOO!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results