color
clarity

True Confessions

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1426180406|3846126 said:
House Cat|1426178022|3846102 said:
I bought a pair of RAYON pants from COSTCO and they are GLORIOUS!

(I haven't worn rayon pants since high school and they came standard with a perm and a pouf)

Haha! Yep, the soft pant is everywhere now. I didn't wear them the first time around (too much booty jiggle--couldn't have that milkshake bringing all the boys to my yard, ya know), and while I keep eyeing them in stores, I haven't found a pattern I like well enough to buy any! I noticed some that even had a yoke and front pleats! :-o I had a little Saved By The Bell moment when I saw those. :lol:
No pattern here, just solid black. The black is what actually pushed me over the edge. I wear them with my flip flops and have the deep feeling that everyone should own a pair. These are better than yoga pants, I tell ya!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1425853343|3844001 said:
Speaking of Frozen...Everybody was and still is completely spastic over that movie. I know adults who have seen it 20, 30, 40 times, know dialogue etc, people *swoon* over it, like it's a visual and auditory masterpiece. Van Gogh and Monet in movie form or something.

Meh. It was cute, I thought. I'll take How to Train Your Dragon and Emperor's New Groove any day.

I've never seen Frozen and have absolutely no plans to. Thankfully, I had a daughter who lacks any interest whatsoever in Disney princesses, so I've managed to escape that madness :lol:

Speaking of movies I don't care to see, I have another confession: I'm a chick and I hate chick flicks :o

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Sparkly,

Thank you for your kind words. Katy was put down Tuesday night. Her liver failure was incurable and she was horribly jauncided, unresponsive and seizing...this from a four legged friend who could easily hike 10 miles. My friend just had to put Katy out of her pain.

it's hard to look back and think about 'what could I have done'. But I do think being a professional performing artist means having skin thick as an elephants, unerring confidence in yourself, and a willingness to give it everything you have. I was discouraged easily too, mostly in college, due to my perfectionism. And i hated the constant practicing...it made singing not very much fun. I want to start singing semi-professionally again (hopefully with the Boston Symphony Chorus)..I just need to find the a good voice teacher to get back into shape before I throw myself at the mercy of auditions (I have horrendous stage fright during auditions and am a terrible sight reader). It's crazy, but I'd still harbor the dream of singing Carnegie Hall (as part of a chorus, I'd never make it as a soloist at my age).

What about you? Are you part of a chorus or do you sing professionally at all?

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh I like old cemeteries too, I live in coastal NC and we have some very old ones, really interesting.
One burial site is rather interesting, a story about a young girl whom died at sea and was put inside a rum barrel until they reached Beaufort, where she was buried still inside the barrel. Another one has a soldier buried standing up and saluting

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a famous cemetery near us and every Halloween they have the haunted Halloween tour through it. Lots of famous people are buried there. I enjoy that tour.

However, I would not want to live that close to a cemetery even though you can get a great deal price wise on homes right there/across the street. Something too potentially eery could happen. I have seen too many "based on real life" movies about haunted goings on/read too many "based on real life" books about ghosts/spirits etc to feel safe and comfortable living so close to one. It doesn't help that I just love watching (and reading about) scary movies about this topic. :errrr: 8)

Haha just remembered we watched 2 scary movies this past week. The Conjuring and The House at the End of Time. The first is based on a real life story and it was terrifying. No moving near a cemetery anytime soon for us. LOL.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_conjuring

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, another confession.

I am on a quest to collect at least a 1 ct diamond in each shape. I have these so far
Marquise
Radiant
Round
I had an oval and sold it
Asscher

So now I still need oval, princess, pear, emerald and heart (kind of iffy on the heart, not that into them)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
autumngems|1426251369|3846549 said:
Ok, another confession.

I am on a quest to collect at least a 1 ct diamond in each shape. I have these so far
Marquise
Radiant
Round
I had an oval and sold it
Asscher

So now I still need oval, princess, pear, emerald and heart (kind of iffy on the heart, not that into them)

Fun! I think hearts can be fun! I mean, I'm no girly girl, believe me...but I've seen some that really made lovely jewely (that didn't look like a 12 year old bought it)
My favorite is a heart with a simple tapered baguette setting.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1426249484|3846538 said:
We have a famous cemetery near us and every Halloween they have the haunted Halloween tour through it. Lots of famous people are buried there. I enjoy that tour.

However, I would not want to live that close to a cemetery even though you can get a great deal price wise on homes right there/across the street. Something too potentially eery could happen. I have seen too many "based on real life" movies about haunted goings on/read too many "based on real life" books about ghosts/spirits etc to feel safe and comfortable living so close to one. It doesn't help that I just love watching (and reading about) scary movies about this topic. :errrr: 8)

Haha just remembered we watched 2 scary movies this past week. The Conjuring and The House at the End of Time. The first is based on a real life story and it was terrifying. No moving near a cemetery anytime soon for us. LOL.

Missy,

When my niece were little my husband used to drive by one to get to there homes. There was a lot for sale across the street from the cemetery. The girls always made him slow down when they drove by the cemetery and would always ask him if there were really dead people there. He picked them up to bring to our house one day and on the drive over told them he had bought the land and was going to save it for them to have there house there someday. He said they were extremely quiet the rest of the drive. They came running to me and made me talk to them in another room. They didn't want to hurt there uncle's feelings but said they would never want to live there. I told them he was only teasing them. They kept saying they know when he joking and he wasn't. They still laugh about it today.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
My mom lives close to a small, really old cemetery. There's some really interesting stuff in it. It's so sad to see how many children (or even worse, almost entire families) that died (presumably from disease, etc.). My favorite inscription on one of the headstones was this:
Remember me as you pass by,
As you are now, so once was I,
As I am now, so you will be,
Prepare for death and follow me.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1426273855|3846730 said:
My mom lives close to a small, really old cemetery. There's some really interesting stuff in it. It's so sad to see how many children (or even worse, almost entire families) that died (presumably from disease, etc.). My favorite inscription on one of the headstones was this:

Interesting. Megadeth used something almost identical in song lyrics.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1426273855|3846730 said:

I like that inscription momhappy. It's macabre but true. ::)
And catchy as well. :bigsmile:

Packrat, I wonder if Megadeth copied these lyrics or vice versa.

I agree. It is interesting to read the headstones and see who died and it is so sad when they are young.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband requested his epitaph be
"Loving father, devoted husband,
Trampled by dinosaurs"

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm betting Megadeth copied, if it's an old cemetery. The song is old I guess, from the 80's hahahahaha, but I'm betting the headstone inscriptions came first!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1426277107|3846756 said:
Trampled by dinosaurs"
This is AWESOME!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TechieTechie - very exciting about your fakes! Which ones did you get? Can't wait to hear about it! :dance:

I like Frozen. I've watched it twice and I'm planning on a third sitting. :D

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1426278265|3846762 said:
Trampled by dinosaurs"
This is AWESOME!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Love it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1426263367|3846638 said:
missy|1426249484|3846538 said:

Missy,

When my niece were little my husband used to drive by one to get to there homes. There was a lot for sale across the street from the cemetery. The girls always made him slow down when they drove by the cemetery and would always ask him if there were really dead people there. He picked them up to bring to our house one day and on the drive over told them he had bought the land and was going to save it for them to have there house there someday. He said they were extremely quiet the rest of the drive. They came running to me and made me talk to them in another room. They didn't want to hurt there uncle's feelings but said they would never want to live there. I told them he was only teasing them. They kept saying they know when he joking and he wasn't. They still laugh about it today.

Haha, your dh's sense of humor sounds like my dh's (and my dad's too) sense of humor. Wicked and awesome. :bigsmile:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore my rings yesterday. And today. :o Yes that should be confessed considering they like never see the light of day.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trampled by dinosaurs"
:lol:

We live in a part of STL that has a TON of really old cemeteries. There's just lots of cemeteries around here. I walked through one a few months ago when I randomly decided to take a walk and there were a lot of fascinating old tombstones. Nothing like at Jefferson Barracks where there are some from the 1700s, "unknown soldiers" and all, but it's still amazing.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1426356496|3847191 said:
I wore my rings yesterday. And today. :o Yes that should be confessed considering they like never see the light of day.

:appl: :appl: :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to dinner a couple weeks ago with our very close friends. We have been friends for over 25 years. We got to talking about our kids, my daughter and her #2 son. Both are single and have known each other for all these years. We jokingly said, we should get them together-they would at least have some fun together. Both are pretty close to 33 (her son first, my DD in October.) Well, I am not sure what she said to him, but they went out on a date just a couple days later. They have been dating for two weeks and seem really serious. In two weeks!!!!! Now, I am scared to death.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
luv2sparkle|1426552405|3848272 said:
We went to dinner a couple weeks ago with our very close friends. We have been friends for over 25 years. We got to talking about our kids, my daughter and her #2 son. Both are single and have known each other for all these years. We jokingly said, we should get them together-they would at least have some fun together. Both are pretty close to 33 (her son first, my DD in October.) Well, I am not sure what she said to him, but they went out on a date just a couple days later. They have been dating for two weeks and seem really serious. In two weeks!!!!! Now, I am scared to death.

Be careful what you wish for :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1426552405|3848272 said:

Your story is too cute. Look at this way, at least you know he comes from a good family!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When i got married i had one wedding gown for the ceremony and one - much fancier - for the reception. The ceremony gown was strapless and because i was worried that it might not stay in place, i insisted that the seamstress took it in and made it very tight, one day before the wedding. Back then i was five kilos less :cry:
Today, DH said that since this year we will be celebrating our five year anniversary, i should wear my ceremony gown and have a photoshoot for the occasion. So i took out of the closet the gown, put it on and realized that i can't pull the zipper all the way up. Sinve our anniversary is on May 26th, i figured that i have enough time to diet and lose the excess weight until then.
Since i took this decision (three hours ago) i have eaten: One bag of pop corn, one bag of chocolate wafers, three cookies, one apple, a handful of nuts and one small chocolate bar...and the night goes on... :nono:

ETA: Did i mention that i also bought a heart diamond a few days ago? It will be shipped to me tommorow :wall:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callicake & Blackprophet

I am very happy about it! I love Stevie (what he has been known as since he was 6, even though he is a grown man) I have such a sense of impending joy at the thought of them together. My daughter has had a lot of pain in her life and I so want her to be happy. Steve's mom is one of my very best friends, and she told me she hasn't seen him this happy in 10 years. Love that. They are just going soooooo fast.
That is what scares me. The no holds barred, fast as the speed of light, we are in this thing, attitude. Just don't want either to be hurt. But sometimes you just know, I guess.

You can do it, Naty, no fear. Maybe your just getting it all out of your system at one time. One bad day doesn't define your success. Can't wait to see your new diamond! I would love to have a heart diamond!

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
luv2sparkle|1426718076|3849279 said:
Callicake & Blackprophet

I am very happy about it! I love Stevie (what he has been known as since he was 6, even though he is a grown man) I have such a sense of impending joy at the thought of them together. My daughter has had a lot of pain in her life and I so want her to be happy. Steve's mom is one of my very best friends, and she told me she hasn't seen him this happy in 10 years. Love that. They are just going soooooo fast.
That is what scares me. The no holds barred, fast as the speed of light, we are in this thing, attitude. Just don't want either to be hurt. But sometimes you just know, I guess.

You can do it, Naty, no fear. Maybe your just getting it all out of your system at one time. One bad day doesn't define your success. Can't wait to see your new diamond! I would love to have a heart diamond!

I am a similar age to them and I know what thats like. You do just know.
When its right, its right.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is terribly un-PC of me :silenced: , but here it is: I hate listening to Janet Yellin speak. Her voice sounds so wimpy that I cringe for her. I want to tell her to get a voice coach to help her sound more authoritative. :whistle:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blackprophet|1426728095|3849344 said:
luv2sparkle|1426718076|3849279 said:
Callicake & Blackprophet

I am a similar age to them and I know what thats like. You do just know.
When its right, its right.

Luv2sparkle , that is so romantic and I hope they both find great happiness and love with each other. :love:

Natylad, Hi! I missed you and welcome back. That is such a sweet thing you did for your friend (I read about it in random comments thread) and I hope he continues to do well! And good luck for your heart shaped diamond to knock your socks off and happy 5 year anniversary! :appl:

Oh and as for the weight thing. Don't sweat it (well maybe sweat it off if you want to lose a few lol) because they say happy marriage puts on a few lbs. I know it has for us and we are good with it. ((Hugs)) and hope you stay around a bit here!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
True confessions #231

The thing I hate most about the snow and rain is not being able to wear my beautiful boots. While I have nice snow boots (aquatalia and la canadienne) they are just not as pretty as my non snow/rain boots.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1426869213|3850075 said:
True confessions #231

The thing I hate most about the snow and rain is not being able to wear my beautiful boots. While I have nice snow boots (aquatalia and la canadienne) they are just not as pretty as my non snow/rain boots.

true confession: i LOVE moon boots. I buy anew pair every year so they fresh. i make sure to buy as gaudy a pair as possible. this year? metalic silver. last year? rainbow. if ihave to wear snow boots, its go big or go home

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results