shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

TL - I love the colour of your tourm and you have a beautiful collection of pastel stones - they will make such a fun ring! :appl:

Lilmosun - I love your trillions and you've set them very nicely! The colour of your tsav is amazing, I love a blue modifier in green stones. :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful rings Limosun!! Thanks for sharing. :wavey:
I find myself looking often at trillions but having no clue how to set it. So this is very inspiring

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Ricezo,

Yes Lilmolsun, your rings are beautiful. Stupid me, I forgot to mention that earlier when discussing trillions. :doh:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

My opal is being sent to DK tomorrow to be reset into a pendant. I'd planned to send it to a different vendor, but the cost was too high, and even being a special piece I couldn't justify spending that much. He needs exact measurements to start the design process, so once he gets it we can get started! :appl:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

lilmosun|1424566742|3836210 said:
TL is an an impossible act to follow :love:

I have a love hate relationship with trillions...love the cut...hate having to find settings for them. But I just got these two back from my jewelers and wanted to share.

Spinel from Mahenge that I bought from a friend off LT. She later sold me the beautiful custom setting. Not the in-demand neon pink, but still gorgeous stone.. The problem is that I like finger coverage and I'm learning rose gold and soft pinks don't look great with my skintone :( But I loved it too much to consider selling, so my jeweler set two small diamonds (that I had) in platinum heads to pick it up. So happy I can finally take this out of the box and wear it.

mahenge_tril.jpg

I have a love hate relationship with trillions. Love the cut...hate having to find settings for them (especially since I tend to stick with stock settings). Wanted a tsav badly and the same friend wasn't able to sell this set in a pendant on LT so I got lucky. I bought this inexpensive stock setting shaped for a pear which my jeweler was able to modify. It probably doesn't do the stone justice (nor does the picture-its really and incredible deep emerald green with blue modifier) but I am happily wearing it.

tsav_ring.jpg

That is such a fantastic trillion setting! It amazes me what can happen when designers think outside the box!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I did it!

Pink and blue matching sapphires from The Gem Trader

_27861.jpg

_27862.jpg

_27863.jpg

_27864.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom, they are OMG GORGEOUS! :love: What a lovely color combo. Details please.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1426242700|3846505 said:
Acinom, they are OMG GORGEOUS! :love: What a lovely color combo. Details please.

Thank you Missy. Here are the specs:

2.53 ct. TW Sapphire Matched Pair

Color: Medium Violetish-Blue / Pink
Clarity: Eye Clean
Origin: Sri Lanka
Cut: Oval Mixed
Treatments: Heat
Measurements: 5.9 x 7 mm

Description from the website:
A really lovely pair of fine Sapphires, matched in every way save for color. The shape and size are great matches, indeed these were cut at the same time to these exact specifications. Moreover, the tone of the respective colors is a match as well - medium to medium dark, so both are bright and pleasant. The blue has a nice violet modifier and the pink is a classic 'bubblegum' hue. Completely clean and just really a gorgeous set - we rarely seem them done this nice.

My plan is to make modern style stackers with these.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1426244459|3846514 said:
missy|1426242700|3846505 said:

Thank you Missy. Here are the specs:

2.53 ct. TW Sapphire Matched Pair

Color: Medium Violetish-Blue / Pink
Clarity: Eye Clean
Origin: Sri Lanka
Cut: Oval Mixed
Treatments: Heat
Measurements: 5.9 x 7 mm

Description from the website:
A really lovely pair of fine Sapphires, matched in every way save for color. The shape and size are great matches, indeed these were cut at the same time to these exact specifications. Moreover, the tone of the respective colors is a match as well - medium to medium dark, so both are bright and pleasant. The blue has a nice violet modifier and the pink is a classic 'bubblegum' hue. Completely clean and just really a gorgeous set - we rarely seem them done this nice.

My plan is to make modern style stackers with these.

Lovely, or you could do a bypass ring too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for the info. That color combo is so pleasing. Beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your finished rings. :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Nice pair. I think I've seen JAR make mismatched earrings that work together because the design is the same on both sides.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think a bypass ring with halos would be cool, also, I agree they could make stricking earrings.

Stackers are fun too! So many options.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you Niel, Pregcurious, Missy and TL :wavey:

I love matching earrings in two colors (like is often done with pearls) as well as the bypass idea. I will Google some ideas.
In terms of stacking rings I was thinking about something inspired on these by Cartier:

_27870.jpg

_27871.jpg

_27872.jpg

_27873.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Hi, Acinom. :wavey:

I'm so happy those two are going home with you! They're gorgeous. I checked out his site yesterday - just window shopping - and I was surprised they were still there. You must have scooped them up shortly thereafter! :)

Here are a few of my favorites for what you're trying to do. Obviously their shape will come into play - since they're not round - and the metal can change, but the ideas are there.

_27874.jpg

_27875.jpg

_27876.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom said:

I love matching earrings in two colors (like is often done with pearls) as well as the bypass idea. I will Google some ideas.
In terms of stacking rings I was thinking about something inspired on these by Cartier:
Something like this but all diamond halo would be show stopping, but then again, a lot more $$$ than stacks lol

uploadfromtaptalk1426257376554.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1426256864|3846591 said:
Hi, Acinom. :wavey:

I'm so happy those two are going home with you! They're gorgeous. I checked out his site yesterday - just window shopping - and I was surprised they were still there. You must have scooped them up shortly thereafter! :)

Here are a few of my favorites for what you're trying to do. Obviously their shape will come into play - since they're not round - and the metal can change, but the ideas are there.

Thank you Sparklieslover! I am really happy I was able to scoop them up. I love the ideas you posted and especially the first set of simple stackers :love: :love: . Will definitely add these to my inspiration folder.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1426257380|3846599 said:
Acinom said:

Something like this but all diamond halo would be show stopping, but then again, a lot more $$$ than stacks lol

Wow, what an elegant ring Niell!! Thanks for posting this.
If money was no subject indeed!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

acinom: LOVE your stones! They will be beautiful together or separate, but my vote is something where you can see them both together since they are so well matched for tone and saturation.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock

Your new sapphires are so beautiful. I love your idea of using them to make a Cartier inspired stack. You always have such good ideas for setting your jewels that I know these will be divine what ever you choose. I will be looking it often to see how it's going :wavey: :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

I LOVE the one that Sparklieslover posted

ps_sparkliesluver.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

Since we are on the subject.......

Do you think these 2 can make a pair of earrings?
I'm desperately in need of ideas.......

img_7385.jpg

img_7386.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OTL|1426281830|3846784 said:

Yes absolutely! I think those would be amazing as earrings. You just would need to do something to both of them to connect them. Like an interesting halo or halo plus a detail with the color from the other earring.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for chiming in and for your kind words Minousbijoux, Pattyco and Pregcurious :wavey:
In a short timeframe I have been given so much good advice and inspiration for settings. I truly appreciate this! I would not have thought about a bypass ring myself. I have a great deal of thinking to do and determine what would be the best option for me.
Thank you!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, where have you found these! They are absolutely gorgeous!
I would give them a tiny bezel and connect them by adding a small green stone to the blue hart and vice versa.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock

To my eye, a bypass ring is so much more elegant than stackers (and unusual). Nicely done on the beautifully matched stones. Can't wait to see what you choose.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would do a bypass with a butterfly motif.

I'm "bypass happy" if anyone noticed. :shifty:

Nice stones OTL!!

2178r_1_.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Acinom|1426240979|3846503 said:
I did it!

Pink and blue matching sapphires from The Gem Trader

Acinom they are stunning! Looking forward to more photos!! :love:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

I really like them too! And they look even better in your photo's than the vendor's. I love the mismatched (colorwise) earring idea

makeable

Shiny_Rock

Acinom those are stunning! I can't wait to see the final pieces :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for chiming in Sapphireinstyle, ricezo, Vapidlapid and makeable :wavey:
The bypass ring Sparkliesluver posted is sooo growing on me! I will take some time to decide whether I should go for bold and modern stackers or a classic jewel.

About a month ago I bought a 6.06 ct medium dark spess from Jim Mc Cormick:

_27923.jpg

_27924.jpg

_27925.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results