shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Anybody have a white 9.5-10.5mm strand?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Both :bigsmile:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't get both, you naughty girls!

Chenai says that the larger one doesn't look quite as lustrous on the neck as the smaller.

Maybe I'll get neither, since one is too small and the other is more money than I really wanted to spend.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually, you don't seem smitten with either so I like the idea of not getting either, saving the $ now and adding to it, then getting larger with better luster.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1423787176|3831603 said:
actually, you don't seem smitten with either so I like the idea of not getting either, saving the $ now and adding to it, then getting larger with better luster.

I agree. A jewelry purchase should make your heart beat faster. It's best to wait for those items.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's the tough thing with larger pearls...they often don't have the same luster.

If you don't love them, don't spend the money on them. You won't wear them and that's a waste. Better to wait and get something that makes your heart sing.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really wanted a great Freshadama strand for my collection, and these two are particularly lustrous. Still thinking about it...

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I've decided to get the larger strand. Since I'm within the return window for the first strand, I've decided to hang on to that until I've seen the larger one, since the larger is supposed to be less lustrous. It will probably be a choice between luster and size.

I didn't receive the 20% off email, though. Hope they still give it to me!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I think the 20% offer was a one-day only deal.

I think the 14% offer on the PP homepage is good for the month of February (but I could be wrong).

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darn. The strands are held for me pending my decision - but I didn't get the email although I've bought a lot from PP. Perhaps they'll honor it.

It did actually occur to me while lying in bed to have both strands. I'll have to wait and see how different the larger one is. From the photos, it's a LOT larger!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
bargain, girl, try bargaining: honor the discount and i'll take both strands?!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Jambalaya|1424182538|3833794 said:
It did actually occur to me while lying in bed to have both strands. I'll have to wait and see how different the larger one is. From the photos, it's a LOT larger!

Both or neither? :lol:

It will be nice to compare them side by side. We'll want pictures, of course.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I will supply pictures! You'll be happy to hear that the discount was honored and they are kindly sending me back both strands so I can see which I like best. (I'm within the return window on the first.)

I hate to go back and forth so much with them but I really find buying peals online a challenge - well white pearls, anyway.

Can't wait to see the larger one!

This is my max budget for an everyday freshie strand - up to $1300. There's no way I'd ever spend the 4-5k to get the sharp luster in akoya in this size range. So it's going to come down to a choice between beautiful glossy rosy luster, but smaller, or less sharp luster and ivory tones, but large.

It will be interesting to see if I immediately have a preference. I'll be getting the two strands in the photos in this thread.

It's a lot of hassle but I just want to get this purchase right, and then I can relax and enjoy wearing them knowing I made the best decision.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
It's been my experience that all of the pearl vendors are heavily invested in customer service, and strive to make us happy. Maybe it's the nature of pearls or something like that.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
great customer service and honoring the discount = Great Vendor!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it's always been my experience that pearls have a very soothing quality. Maybe it's that soft luster...like little clouds.

And yes, Pearl Paradise is the bomb. Chenai has been very patient with me over the last few months as I've bought quite a few things and gone back and forth a lot over some pieces. I think I'm going to send her a little treat when the Great Freshadama Hunt is over.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, I got a lovely package from Pearl Paradise last night, containing my cream graduated strand and matching cream studs, my 8-9.5mm Freshadama white studs, and the two Freshadama necklaces: 9-9.5mm and the 9.5-10.5mm strand.

Like the items I bought in November, this lot are all just stunning.

And in terms of the two Freshadama strands? I LOVE the larger one that's 9.5-10.5mm! It's got presence but I don't think it's too large at all, and it's got a great sharp glossy luster. The smaller one probably looks slightly glossier, but for me this is offset by the fact that I think it looks too small. I absolutely love the large one. (What a surprise!)

Will try to get around to pics tomorrow.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Of course I wanna see pictures of EVERYTHING!!!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Yay! (And may I say... we knew it! :))

You will wear it a lot over the years. Looking forward to lots of photos!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
dang, right again!
i'm so glad you're loving the larger strand!
and I want to see pictures, please!
congrats!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've bought a ton of things from PP over the last few months so will do one thread on the whole lot. I'm busy with work at the moment (taking folks to a whole raft of medical appointments and spending waaaay too much time in waiting rooms) but I'm hoping to do the thread asap. I can't do it on a cloudy day as the photos don't come out right. Pearls are hard to photograph! The large Freshadama strand is to die for. I sent the smaller one back last night but I did take comparison photos ready for the thread.

I love the large strand so much that I hold it when I watch TV! :D

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Really looking forward to the photos, especially the cream strand!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jambalaya|1425064127|3839272 said:
....I love the large strand so much that I hold it when I watch TV! :D

LOL!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the photo delay. One strand was slightly the wrong length (the large Freshadama) so it's currently being restrung.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results