shape
carat
color
clarity

supportive flip flops

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
About a year ago there was a thread on supportive shoes and Orthaheel was highly recommended. They were a little pricey, but based on your recommendations I bought a pair and loved them. It's time to order a new pair and it looks like the company has changed ownership and the reviews are less positive now. I wear flip flops a lot and really liked the Orthaheels because they provided much more support.

If you have ordered a pair since they changed ownership, what are your thoughts?

Any suggestions for another brand of flip flops?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know what Orthaheels look like but I have dodgy feet (arthritic) and find the Birkenstock Betulas v comfortable. QVC sell them in the UK but I'm sure they're available on Amazon and the like.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'm becoming almost entirely a Fitflop sandal person.........I can go all day in them.
started getting them when sketchers stopped making their tone-up line.
and I started that type of flip flop when I developed plantar fasciitis which was just killing me.
too time but I am now pain free and the move last year to Fitflops has been a winner for me.
good luck!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have two pairs of the Vionics with Orthaheel technology that I bought last year and I love them!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to buy Orthaheel/Vionic flip flops last summer b/c I found out I have bad plantar fasciitis. I can't compare them to how they were before they became Vionic tho.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chacos. Their whole schtick is arch and heel support, in every line/style they offer. I don't know how outdoorsy your lifestyle is, but they are a bit rugged, although they have cute patterns for the webbing. If you're looking for something more feminine, Chaco may not appeal to you aesthetically. They are the most comfortable and most supportive flip I've ever worn and I have worn A LOT of them. :bigsmile: Their sandals are even better.

http://www.chacos.com/US/en/Women-Styles-Flips

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My flop flops are Vionic by Orthoheel and they have excellent support. They don't look too heavy but they are well built and study.Very comfortable. I live in them in all but the coldest weather - got them at a running shop, but imagine they could easily be found online.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank for the replies, everyone. I'm going to research your suggestions tomorrow.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my orthaheels from Zappos-they have free shipping both ways and it's fast too.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
orthaheel is the only foot wear I use because I have PF . I tried the new vionic orthaheel but they are lighter and flimsier and the arch is not pronounced enough for me . I prefer the old brand which is still available in amazon or ebay .

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo more supportive? I might need to check them out.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jeweln|1426123315|3845857 said:
Hi
orthaheel is the only foot wear I use because I have PF . I tried the new vionic orthaheel but they are lighter and flimsier and the arch is not pronounced enough for me . I prefer the old brand which is still available in amazon or ebay .

My feet are giving me trouble so glad to read this thread. I went to Amazon, how do you know the older version from the new one?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took a chance and ordered a pair for myself and DH on Amazon. I can't wait! :appl:

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
the old brand is Orthaheel while the new one is Vionic Orthaheel . shipping and retuns are usually free in amazon . I buy several styles and the return the ones that dont suit me .

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, jeweln, that is my approach too!

I hope they get here soon!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have PF and I wear crocs flip flops all summer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results