shape
carat
color
clarity

What's So Hard About a WHITE Shirt?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last one I bought was at Nordstrom-Halogen Stretch poplin shirt. $58. I looked it up and they have it online.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I wish to amend my list. it is not my block, but around the corner, or two, so I don't walk down that block much. I had the store window associated with the store next to it's signage. I meant "La Perla" to be "Anne Fontaine". Here is a picture of the confusion. Obviously La Perla is quite the opposite of OP's request. I wasn't being coy in suggesting it, just got the name associated with the wrong window.

laperlavapido.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was wearing button down shirts my go to shirts were (including crisp white not see through good quality at least at the time) Eddie Bauer wrinkle resistant oxfords. However now I haven't been wearing button down shirts for years so do not know if this is still true. I just searched for the shirts I used to buy from them and not sure if this is exactly the one but it's the closest I could find. Their white shirts (when I was wearing them) were not see through in any way and well made and the price point could not be beat.
http://www.eddiebauer.com/product/wrinkle-free-long-sleeve-shirt---solid/20801828/_/A-ebSku_0088706500000060__20801828_catalog10002_en__US?showProducts=&backToCat=Shirts&previousPage=LNAV&tab=women&color=500

I did a bit of googling for you iLander and all I can say is WOW. I didn't know white shirts could cost so much. $785 for one LOL. Here is the link if you are interested.
http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/clothing/sweaters-tops/womens-white-shirt

And here are some while the ones pictured are not white I am sure a few of these do come in white.
http://corporette.com/2013/03/25/the-best-button-down-shirts-for-women/

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Polo button-down shirt is about 10 years old (picked it up at the flagship Filene's Basement in Boston before it closed), but maybe the current version is still fine. Mine has a split back yoke, and according to the textual description, the current version still has that feature -- but the back view photograph doesn't depict the seaming of a split back yoke below the collar, so who knows:
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=43523446&cp

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1425779022|3843578 said:
I wish to amend my list. it is not my block, but around the corner, or two, so I don't walk down that block much. I had the store window associated with the store next to it's signage. I meant "La Perla" to be "Anne Fontaine". Here is a picture of the confusion. Obviously La Perla is quite the opposite of OP's request. I wasn't being coy in suggesting it, just got the name associated with the wrong window.
VL, I just recommended Anne Fontaine also!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
PregC, I saw that. In fact it is what clued me in that I might have made such a grievous error, thank you.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was thinking of this post, when I read this in my Mom's email to me today

"A Ross clothing store just opened in neighborhood, so I took a look. Was disappointed in the quality of clothing, shoes. Seems clothing is now made of tissue paper, so thin. Ah the good old days when clothes had tailoring, strong material, and all shoes were made of leather. Yes, clothes were more expensive then, but they lasted for years and years."

She needs to downsize her closet and get rid of a bunch of clothing that is outdated and no longer fit her (literally from the 80's) but feels strange getting rid of them.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1425922804|3844361 said:
PregC, I saw that. In fact it is what clued me in that I might have made such a grievous error, thank you.

Hi VL! :wavey:

Actually, when you mentioned it, I thought that maybe La Perla had expanded into regular clothes. Victorias Secret has a catalog of regular clothes, so I really didn't think anything of it. So, no harm done. :)

iLander

Ideal_Rock
So I gave up! :wavey:

I gave in and bought a Calvin Klein non iron shirt in light khaki. It's tailored, heavy opaque fabric, and close enough to white. If they had a white one, I think it might have worked.

I went shopping on Saturday, and poked my hand behind the shirts. I could still see my hand. :shock: Bunch of brands, including Ralph, Express, Banana, etc. Nothing. :(

I will continue to look, and may try an Anne Fontaine when I am in that neck of the woods. Every time I shop, I look for that stupid shirt. I'll let you guys know if I ever find it. :|

Boatluvr

Shiny_Rock
Jones NY makes a slightly tailored, men's style shirt/blouse. I have the same one in many different colors/stripes. They're not cheap but they do last a long time. They are also 'pre-ironed' and as long as you put them in a dryer and don't let them sit all they need is a touch up (I'm kind of picky). If you are lucky you can find them in TJ Maxx or Marshalls. I have two white, two light blue etc. etc. They really are nice.

bespokecarmel

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for Anne Fontaine. Well worth the cost.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure if this has been recommended or not but how about getting it custom made? It might not be a great move if you need a lot of white shirts but is an option. Maybe contact a tailor who makes custom suits & see what they have to say. :think:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results