carat
color
clarity

Post pregnancy hernia

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I think I have an umbilical hernia
7.gif

I''m not sure that''s what it is, but something just isn''t right!. So I wanted to ask if anyone has experience with this?

I feel a little bulge on top of my belly button, and it''s tender. Some days I can barely feel it and some days it''s a lot more swollen/tender. I also have some abdominal pain (not constant, but occasional)...and I have TERRIBLE lower back pain. Of course, that may be from lifting two 18 lb boys up and down all day long...but OMG, it''s the worst back pain ever!.

Do I need to see the OB or a general Dr???
39.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ack, that sucks! Call and set up an appointment w/your primary care doctor is what I would do.

I was born w/an umbilical hernia and after London it was horrible. I had to wait until after Trapper to get it fixed. For a while, I was having awful pains and finally asked Dr about it, and she said that there is an "apron" of fat over the muscles in your front, and it was pushing out thru my belly button. She pushed it back in. I was sickened.

It''s fixed now, and fine, cept I don''t have a belly button anymore!

Never hurts to check w/your Dr and see what he/she says!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
ugh...I sure hope it''s not too bad. I have read small hernias sometimes don''t need to be "fixed". We''ll see...maybe it''s not even a hernia and I''m just driving myself nuts!. I''m making an appointment with the Dr today!

Thank you so much packrat, for sharing your experience
4.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, that''s no fun! I would just see your PCP. DH had a hernia a couple years ago and the surgery wasn''t too bad. He was out of it for a day or two, but back up and playing basketball a week or two later.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Yeah if it is swolen and tender I would go to the doctor. They will refer you to a general surgeon. Where are you located? I can get a recomendation for you on a surgeon. I currenlty sell devices for hernia procedures and have a vast network of surgeons across the country.

Umbilical''s are not a big deal at all just don''t wait.

MishaL

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello everyone!

I know that hernia is a usual thing during pregnancy and there is nothing strange about that you just need to keep to hernia diet and to be very attentive to your nutrition, I was using the website to get this information, for example this article
http://hernia-treatment.net/repair/foods-eat-after-hernia-repair...

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Might want to have your gallbladder checked too. I had to have my gallbladder out after having my second daughter. I also had a hernia, which was just a little lump above my belly button. They "fixed"it but not using mesh, so it has been back and I've had surgery a few times.
I had that same thought something not being right, I waited and finally called my doctor. When I would wake up and I could feel the back pain come on and hit me, I also had the worst pain right in the middle of my stomach. It felt like it went thru my stomach to my back.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
My mom had a hernia after a hysterectomy for fibroid tumors. I think it was her OBGYN that did the hernia surgery.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results