shape
carat
color
clarity

What is a "lab-created topaz" ?

goldbandgirl

Rough_Rock
I was looking into a pair of earrings made with lab-created topaz stones. but when I do a search for lab-created topaz, i get results saying there's no such thing as it. so what do you think the etsy seller means by lab created? they are very cheap

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
goldbandgirl|1425589818|3842403 said:
I was looking into a pair of earrings made with lab-created topaz stones. but when I do a search for lab-created topaz, i get results saying there's no such thing as it. so what do you think the etsy seller means by lab created? they are very cheap

As far as I know, there is not lab created (synthetic) topaz. Most topaz is abundant and very inexpensive, unless it's the rare imperial or pink topaz. Topaz is also commonly treated in various ways, so maybe there was some confusion on the vendor's part.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Could be coated topaze :sick:

This company produce this kind of sh*t

http://azotic.us/

Colorless natural topaze - shocking, how many colors they created....

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would assume they mean coated as Marlow said - something like mystic topaz.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That is odd. I would ask them if they mean it is blue CZ?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I don't think that I would ask them anything.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My guess is that it is a lab created simulant (aka, look-a-like) and not a lab created synthetic (chemically identical but grown in a lab).

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1425596659|3842469 said:
I don't think that I would ask them anything.

:clap:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not heard of any synthetic topaz being produced although there are simulant synthetic stones to mimic topaz and there are coated and irradiated topaz. I did a search on Google out of curiousity and found a few websites selling synthetic topaz. :nono:

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
jeez... almost all natural topaz is very abundant... I don't understand why these places are wasting their (and our) time with synthetic stuff!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results