shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014 - Awesome rope! You will find so many ways to wear it!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Oh, that 72" rope is stunning! Like it each way; the pearl arrangement is delightfully random :)

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1425245155|3840371 said:
Tucs,

Yes, it's from Birks. Here they've been having a store wide 50-60% off sale, with some really nice things featured. A small selection of Tahitian pieces, some freshwater strands, rings, and earrings, a few Akoya pieces (but not many), and gold. They also have a vintage section....filled with pieces from the early 1900's with natural seed pearls and drops. Those started around $1500 for pearl drop earrings (which was the sale price) and went up to a spectacular $17,000 platinum, diamond, and seed pearl oval broach. Very Downton Abby! I had hoped that they would have the Tahitian enhancer in that I fell in love with last summer, but no go. But I think I made out pretty well. They seem to be one of the few places that sell nice pearls here.

Edit: they come in lavendar too.

Thanks for the info, cmd. I had no idea they even had big sales -- I should check them out more often. I've been to their pearls section and they have really nice pearls. You did very well with that necklace, congratulations!

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Hi iguanatan, I hope you see my question, But i was wondering what mm size is your tihitian pearl pendant. Yours looks the perfect size for a pendant.

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
iguanatan|1424737117|3837205 said:
Multi pearlin'. If this is wrong I don't want to be right. CC metallic freshwater and silver T necklace with Tahitian fatty pendant and freshwater hoops.

pricescopepearl.jpg

Ok I am still new here to pricescope. I guess I should of posted as a quote. Anyways love your multi layering too!

iguanatan

Rough_Rock
Victoria10|1425264710|3840519 said:
Hi iguanatan, I hope you see my question, But i was wondering what mm size is your tihitian pearl pendant. Yours looks the perfect size for a pendant.

Hi! :wavey: I think it is the perfect size for a pendant too! It is a fatty (as I affectionately refer to it as) at 16.5x15.0mm.
I have another at 11mm, but I always choose to wear this one over it.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
All very beautiful ladies.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
wore my little tin cup today.

fullsizerender-11.jpg

also I am finishing up a project today. I was going to put it off for a few more weeks, but since these past 2 weeks have been particularly hard and horrible, I need something to take my mind off things.

Here are the pearls
fullsizerender-12_0.jpg

they are metallic lavender ovals with some metallic lavender keshi pearls, with some pyrite beads. (they look very pink in the photos)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks really nice Ckrickett. Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time. I hope that whatever it is gets better soon.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
You're looking lovely Ckrickett, and I can't wait to see your new creation!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
That tin cup is really beautiful, and the length really flattering. Is that YG?

Your new project looks very promising, you're so talented. I hope things get better for you soon.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Cmd2014, I can't believe I missed your post. Your rope is stunning I love the random placement with the large pearls stacked and that it can be a triple strand. Send pictures of the long version. It's so Chanel chic, …sooo :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: JEALOUS… do they have any more for me? :wall:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Tucs|1425555877|3842172 said:
That tin cup is really beautiful, and the length really flattering. Is that YG?

Your new project looks very promising, you're so talented. I hope things get better for you soon.

Yes it is YG. I was toying with YG and RG but I really think YG was the perfect choice.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Finished my little project yesterday, so I am wearing it today.

fullsizerender_1_13.jpg

fullsizerender_36.jpg

Its about 36" made of small metallic lavender ovals, and metallic lavender keshis with pyrite beads.
I think it came out cute, I think I will wear it layered with other pieces. I like fashion pearl necklaces, especially for running around town doing errands.

LIGHTBOX

fullsizerender_3_3.jpg

fullsizerender_2_6.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Love the colors...the soft pinks and pewter grey/green work very well together.

mapo

Shiny_Rock
ckrickett, that's a very pretty rope!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1425568090|3842239 said:
Cmd2014, I can't believe I missed your post. Your rope is stunning I love the random placement with the large pearls stacked and that it can be a triple strand. Send pictures of the long version. It's so Chanel chic, …sooo :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: JEALOUS… do they have any more for me? :wall:

:bigsmile: Thanks! It's a stock necklace if you can believe it and they will ship for free to the US on orders over $27, so you could easily have one too! It comes in a peach/lavender multicolour as well as white. You'd have the advantage of a strong US dollar too, so it would be around 25% less than the Canadian dollar price and you wouldn't pay the sales tax. I've been wearing it all week....mainly as a triple, but one day as a messy quad (it's 18 inches when all four strands are the same length) and one day as a double 36 inch rope.

Here's the webpage: http://us.maisonbirks.com/collier-de-perles-d-eau-douces-blanches-2988. The multi is here: http://us.maisonbirks.com/collier-de-perles-d-eau-douce-3091. The sale is over though, so it's back to regular price (which is still not bad).

I've been naughty. I also bought a HUGE white freshwater pearl pendant last week, but since I wasn't supposed to be buying anything at the moment, I've hidden it from DH and can't really have it out to get pictures. What can I say....I was having a bad day, then my iphone battery died (thank goodness for cloud backup), and while I was waiting for the repair I wandered down a section of the mall I hadn't been to in a while and there was this little Asian jewelry shop that had all these freshwater pearl pendants on sale. I had already ordered the freshwater rope from the other store, so what was a girl to do??? I got them both! :devil:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
You are killing me CMD, thanks for the link, did you get to pick out your pearls on the rope? How fun to run in to an Asian Women selling pearls :Up_to_something: Please post pics soon! Tell me about your huge new freshwater!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, I just had one brought into the store so I could see it in person before I bought it...but this is a high end jeweler and their stuff tends to be top quality. Top price usually to match too! (It's the Canadian equivalent of a Tiffany's).

My pendant is a silver overtone white freshwater in WG. I'd have to measure it, but it's probably 11-12 mm at least. The luster is really high, I couldn't see a blemish, and it's round. I liked a different setting a bit more, but the pearl was noticeably better on this one. They had a strand of what looked like white Edison pearls there too. HUGE...like 16mm huge. Perfectly round, and without any obvious blemishes. It was $$$ though. I may go back to look at studs. The store itself was small and full of things that were kitchy so I'd never gone in before, but the pearl section was great! I'll try to sneak some pictures soon!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For you my friend, a sneaked picture of the forbidden pendant!

_27657.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I love it and the mounting! You purchased well! Love it!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Frost Me! I'm excited to be able to wear it...not sure when DH's next business trip is though. :devil:

Ckrickett, love your new rope! I really like how you spaced the large pearls in a scattered pattern with the smaller pearls and the beads. It turned out great!

I'm still in my new rope. I have to be uber conservative as I am acting as an examiner today for my licensing body, so I am wearing it as a triple with my charcoal suit. These ones are really hard to photograph as they are so reflective! In the light that usually works well for my pearls they look over-exposed, so I spent way too much time this morning running around my house and my office trying to find the right light conditions. I paired them with a set of inexpensive akoya studs from Overstock.com (bought 12 years ago).

Here are the best shots:

triple_neck_3.jpg

triple_neck_2.jpg

triple_neck_1.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
The "Forbidden" pendant is very pretty! Love the name, too -- sounds exotic.

Thank you for the link to the pearl rope; something for me to consider!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Ckrickett, I love how your new project turned out. You could also make it longer and wear it as a triple, because I love the look in the last photo. Super pretty either way, though.

CMD I'm kicking myself for not knowing birks had a sale... What a pretty rope... And you look great in that outfit. Sigh. I think they have summer sales, do you know anything about those?

I was thinking your rope looks elegant but a touch less formal than your trio of white pearls, I wonder if it gets "ironic" comments? ;-) I would think the irregular layout makes it less prone to it.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tucs,

To be honest, I only find out about sales at Birks when I happen to drive by and see signs up on their windows (and I'm on their mailing list, so that is probably saying something). I don't think they advertise them as well as they could. It does feel less formal than my other triple, even when I'm wearing it all piled up in a quad. I think it makes it way more flexible for day to day wear. And no, no-one has asked me if I'm wearing them ironically yet. Maybe I need to find some 20-something hipsters again!

Thanks Ennui,

It makes me smile to think of it as the "forbidden" pendant. Makes me feel way more mysterious than I really am!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
cmd2014, love that rope more and more with each photo! Don't work too hard to find anymore hipsters LOL ...

ckrickett, your new rope project is just lovely ... so pretty :appl: :appl: :appl:

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
My new Kamoka tin cup...

img_1661.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Pirard|1425860301|3844055 said:
My new Kamoka tin cup...

img_1661.jpg

That is a dream!!! gorgeous

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Boy that one blue green pearl....holy moly !!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
what am I wearing? my new deep rose pink natural colours round strand. Birthday present for me in Hong Kong last week.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results