shape
carat
color
clarity

help me find a sapphire!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see a sapphire I really like the looks of but it is 1K more or less.
I'm thinking if these sapphire sides work out, to make myself a 3 stone sapphire ring.

Center stone 5-6 mm round (ideally) medium-light or medium (versus a dark or royal color) bright, vivid color.
I was hoping to find something in the 400-600 range, but don't know if I'm delusional.

the other option I wouldn't mind persuing, is a 5 stone sapphire ring. However I really do prefer the lighter sapphires, versus the darker ones that are typically used for these kind of rings; any ideas? I love of course a pure blue or cornflower blues (hint of lavender) over ones with gray or green tint.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll have to look when I get home, as can't look at ebay at work!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1425397321|3841243 said:
I see a sapphire I really like the looks of but it is 1K more or less.
I'm thinking if these sapphire sides work out, to make myself a 3 stone sapphire ring.

Center stone 5-6 mm round (ideally) medium-light or medium (versus a dark or royal color) bright, vivid color.
I was hoping to find something in the 400-600 range, but don't know if I'm delusional.

the other option I wouldn't mind persuing, is a 5 stone sapphire ring. However I really do prefer the lighter sapphires, versus the darker ones that are typically used for these kind of rings; any ideas? I love of course a pure blue or cornflower blues (hint of lavender) over ones with gray or green tint.
I think I might have missed something. What do you mean by"I'm thinking if these sapphire sides work out, to make myself a 3 stone sapphire ring." Did you post sapphire side stones somewhere else?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered a couple 4 mm round sapphires, haven't posted them (received them) yet.
I was thinking of either resetting the diamond solitaire with sapphire side stones, or making a 3 stone sapphire ring. I also wouldn't mind a 5 stone sapphire band, but haven't seen one I really like. No plans are firm.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I broke down and ordered the stone that really caught my eye. May not be everyone's cup of tea but the color makes my heart flutter. I guess I needed to see how I feel about it in real life. It is a 6 mm round stone, Gemfix. What do you all think?
I ordered a diamond solitaire to replace my diamond anniversary ring. While the ring (and stone) is beautiful) I realize I'm more of a colored stone girl. Or for diamonds an anniversary style ring.
If I decide to keep this stone and go forward, I will find a new home for my diamond ring.

sapphire_blue_5.jpg

sapphire_blue_1195_0.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1425481382|3841676 said:
Well I broke down and ordered the stone that really caught my eye. May not be everyone's cup of tea but the color makes my heart flutter. I guess I needed to see how I feel about it in real life. It is a 6 mm round stone, Gemfix. What do you all think?
I ordered a diamond solitaire to replace my diamond anniversary ring. While the ring (and stone) is beautiful) I realize I'm more of a colored stone girl. Or for diamonds an anniversary style ring.
If I decide to keep this stone and go forward, I will find a new home for my diamond ring.

I think the color in the photos is beautiful. I hope it meets your expectations. That periwinkle color is probably my favorite gem color.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! Something to look forward to!

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
Good luck with your choice. It's very pretty and nicely cut. My first colored stone purchase was with Gemfix about two years ago, but I returned it because it just didn't make my heart go pitter-patter. The cut was perfect, but the color wasn't as saturated as I expected. It tended to turn gray under most lighting conditions. I don't see it on their web site, so it must have sold. Here are two pictures from my files, and I think this is it. The lower picture is one that I took:

3sapp_2_35ct_7_8mm.jpg

sappcloudy02.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your feedback, it is helpful. I haven't ordered from gemfix before (except for a small pair I haven't seen yet) and I agree, you just don't know what the stone will look like until you see it in person, especially in different settings (outdoor, indoor, etc).
My camera does not do well indoors taking pictures (still great at outdoor and video) so I may not be able to get a good close up shot, but at the least I will let you all know how it goes.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I hope your expectations will be met, if not exceeded. Please return with photos!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received the pair of sapphires (4 mm). They face up smaller than I would expect, they seem kind of expensive for the size, but the color is really pretty and doesn't dark out in low light conditions (look blue in all lighting) so I believe I will keep them. Too small for earrings but good for side stones.

Looking forward to seeing other stone, may get it on Monday.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lavender blue in medium tone is one of my weak points. :bigsmile:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1425482084|3841684 said:
part gypsy|1425481382|3841676 said:

I think the color in the photos is beautiful. I hope it meets your expectations. That periwinkle color is probably my favorite gem color.

Mine too! I'll be waiting with baited (bated?) breath to see your beautiful stone, pg.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, supposed to get it Monday IF can catch the driver (for the sapphire pairs missed it the first 2 times!)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey after a delay, received the stone tonight. It is pretty, but it is not "the one". I will post some pics but again my camera has an issue with focusing so I don't know how much use they will be.

First are the sapphire pair. I am showing the picture with flash as that comes out closer to their true color in bright light

03_10_15_1500.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2nd is the 6 mm stone, one in indoor light, the 2nd in outdoor (overcast) light. I didn't get to see it in bright outdoor light as it arrived late.

03_10_15_1502.jpg

03_10_15_1505.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I already have a couple 5 mm sapphires, that are darker than the new (4mm) pair, but that is an option, making a 3 or 5 stone (one 5 mm stone flanked by 2 4 mm stones, flanked by tiny diamonds). But I will think about it before i make any decision.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for providing the new shots. I wonder what you'll pick!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results