shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinion and advice on a pair of Sapphires

John2013

Rough_Rock
Dear community members,

I would really appreciate your help with my purchase of a pair of blue sapphires to creat earrings.

I am looking for a pair of rich in color blue sapphires in oval shape around 1.5-2 carats each stone.

So far what I was able to find is this pair: http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/p-53571-oval-blue-sapphire-pair-pr1540-b/

What is your opinion on the stones? Are they high quality and is the price reasonable for the quality? Is Natural Sapphire company a safe place to buy jewelry for 10k $?

Would you please recommend any other places in the US where I can look for sapphires? I am new to the US market and don't know what are the right places to look for.

Thank you very much in advance and let me know if I need to clarify anything in my request.

John

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
the price is high for heated stones without a lab report from an independent lab.

Did you look at gemfix ? they are in the permanent thread of Vendors for Reference at the start of this forum. If the NSC price is indicative of your budget?

You might contact a few of the special lapidaries and inquire if they have suitable material to cut a pair for you. Roger Dery, Jeff White, Gen Flanigan and Gary Braun off the top of my head.

John2013

Rough_Rock
VapidLapid,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

Yes, $10k is my budget for the stones and I don't want to compromise on quality. Thanks for the reference of the stones - they are beautiful, but they are also heated, aren't they? Ideally, I am looking for oval shape sapphires as I want to put diamond around and they usually look much better on ovals.

Any other places where you would recommend to check?

How do I contact the gentlemen that you mentioned?

Thanks a lot!

John2013

Rough_Rock
Regina3737,

The second ones that you mentioned are beautiful. But they are on ebay, that really concerns me... I am quite an old style and buying an almost $10k sapphire pair over internet makes me feel insecure... Or am I being old-fashioned and that's perfectly ok to buy on ebay?

How do I know that they send me exactly the original stones..?

Thanks!

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock

John2013

Rough_Rock
Swissmiss,

The second option looks nice. Have you see the Natural SApphire Company ones that I mentioned in the initial post? They are quite the same,aren't they?

Do you know if pearlmanjewelers is a trusted source to buy from?

I don't mind if the price is slightly out of my budget.

Thank you!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
The lapidaries I mentioned are all in the Vendors for refernce thread pinned above near the start of this forum. I think you should start with reading the new to colored gemstones thread also pinned near the top.

Yes the gemfix pair I posted are heated, and come with an independent lab report saying heat and no other treatment. The NSC pair has only an NSC certificate which is not independent and makes no mention of further treatments.

As many vendors have only a portion of their holdings online you should call or email to find out if they have anything that matches your wants.

John2013

Rough_Rock
Hi VapidLapid,

Thanks!

I've read all the threads. From what you say I conclude that I should rather not buy NSC sapphires because they don't have an independent certificate?

And also I should email the lapidaries that you mentioned from the list. If I got you right all these vendors are safe to purchase from.

Thank you!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
John2013|1425583805|3842348 said:
Hi VapidLapid,

Thanks!

I've read all the threads. From what you say I conclude that I should rather not buy NSC sapphires because they don't have an independent certificate?

And also I should email the lapidaries that you mentioned from the list. If I got you right all these vendors are safe to purchase from.

Thank you!

Yes, but please take note of these 2 paragraphs regarding the list of links:

These are the list of vendors that some people have had a good experience with. Your experience may not be the same. Please search the vendor in this forum for reviews. If you open up a review, put the vendor name in the title so others can easily search for and retrieve your review. Prior to purchase, please be sure to familiarize yourself with the vendor's policies as to shipping/insurance, returns, and restocking fees (if any).

If you are new to colored stones, before purchasing from ANY vendors, it is highly recommended you read this thread first.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-to-coloured-gemstone-buying-read-this-first.174284/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-to-coloured-gemstone-buying-read-this-first.174284/[/URL]

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not put a lot of stock in reports issued by the vendor for stones that they are selling due a strong conflict of interest.

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
Pearlman's is a reputable jeweler. With a purchase of a gemstone in the price ranges you are considering, always verify what you're getting by requesting that the vendor obtain a cert from a reputable lab.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results