shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful strand, cyndayco! Well, all three are. I would love to own a strand of larger akoyas one day.

cyndayco

Rough_Rock
cyndayco|1421543229|3818236 said:
Thanks, Lovinggems. I can not knot them myself, but not as well as this shopgirl near my office. She expertly restrings my pearls for about $2.50 a strand--one of the few upsides of being a pearl collector in Manila!

I meant, I can knot myself but not as well as this shopgirl :wall:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
cyndayco|1421637249|3818702 said:
cyndayco|1421543229|3818236 said:
Thanks, Lovinggems. I can not knot them myself, but not as well as this shopgirl near my office. She expertly restrings my pearls for about $2.50 a strand--one of the few upsides of being a pearl collector in Manila!

I meant, I can knot myself but not as well as this shopgirl :wall:
I can't type without the iPad freezing, :o . The perks of living in a busy city, professional job at a great price. :dance:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
How did I miss this? cyndaco that clasp is beautiful and I really love the spacers. How about a neck shot?

cyndayco

Rough_Rock
Your wish is my command, pkinnew.

white_large_akoya.jpg

cyndayco

Rough_Rock
One more pearl project done. Took about five months, from ordering online to completion.

My SoC mabe drop pendant.

dsc_4098.jpg

img_6790.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Cyndaco- I just love the unique touch of your necklaces. The akoya strand looks so luminous I wouldn't doubt it glows in the dark. And that SoC mabe pendant- Wow! I've never seen anything like it. Lovely!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That is one amazing clasp ! I like what you did with the spacers. Very pretty ! :love:

LoubieLove

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous pearls ladies! Here is my small contribution. 6mm Mikimoto Akoya AAA studs. I want something I can wear every day and these are the perfect size.

img_7271.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful! Very classic too LoubieLove.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1412815771|3764602 said:
Never posted my pearls. Here's a few pieces from my collection.

photo_2_113.jpg
Sea of Cortez Mabe Ring

photo_3_81.jpg
The Tornado

tincup01.jpg
photo-26.jpg
Scattered Tin Cup

fullsizerender-8.jpg
Tahitian Necklaces 36" rope and 20" Peacocks

photo-23_0.jpg
54" Freshwater rope from PP

adding a few more pieces! sone of the more "fashion" necklaces I have

fullsizerender_1_14.jpg

fullsizerender-10_0.jpg

fullsizerender-49.jpg

fullsizerender-35.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm jealous of your tahitian pendant and baroque blue Akoyas! So pretty!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me was nice enough to give me a heads up about Kevin's new 11 - 12 mm white metallic studs from the Hong Kong buying trip, and I managed to nab one of the few pairs in this size. They arrived today and I couldn't be happier! They are a great match to Spudnik and The Forbidden Pendant. They're 11.5 mm, round as can be, have super luster, and no blemishes! (The specs in the pic are reflections).
Sorry if the 2nd picture is rotated. I'm not at my computer to be able to reduce it.

_28347.jpg

_28348.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Well, let me try again ... hopefully "right side up" ... and beautiful :)

_28348rotated.jpg

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
I got a pair of those too except mine were not as uniform in size like yours:( I measured them and they were 11.3 and 11.7 which thought would be ok but they are really starting to bug me now.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's too bad. Can you see the difference when they are on? I have some earrings that don't look that well matched in the box together, but look fine with my head separating them.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh very nice studs, CMD. Wow, that luster is just crazy!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous studs !! They were a good find..I'd been on the web site but hadn't seen anything like them !

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There wasn't a separate listing for them. The POJ website just has one link for white metallic studs in various sizes, and it's a drop down menu on the page for size and for WG or YG settings. They still have 9-10mm available, but the 11-12 ones went fast.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
cmd2014|1427509976|3853557 said:
That's too bad. Can you see the difference when they are on? I have some earrings that don't look that well matched in the box together, but look fine with my head separating them.

You're right, it's not going to be noticeable once they are on either side of my face :bigsmile:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1427422160|3853027 said:
Frost Me was nice enough to give me a heads up about Kevin's new 11 - 12 mm white metallic studs from the Hong Kong buying trip, and I managed to nab one of the few pairs in this size. They arrived today and I couldn't be happier! They are a great match to Spudnik and The Forbidden Pendant. They're 11.5 mm, round as can be, have super luster, and no blemishes!

Are we having a contest to name the earrings? :D
They are very pretty. Wow.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's true...it doesn't seem fair that the pendant and ring have names, and the earrings don't. DH doesn't know about the earrings yet either. Isn't that the first sign that you have a problem...when you start hiding your behaviour from the people who care about you? I'm a bit worried that an intervention followed by a 12 step program is not that far away from the place I am now...

And I was thinking of you, Bailey, this morning as I put these giant babies on. I have to admit that before I started buying pearl earrings, I never gave a single thought to my ears. Literally, not once did I ever think about them. Suddenly, I'm noticing the asymmetry that exists on my head! One ear sticks out more than the other, one earlobe points straight out sideways from my head, and one points more towards my face. One piercing points a slightly different direction than the other, and one is higher than the other one too! So even though my earrings are extremely well matched in the box...they are a bit wonky on me! One hangs slightly lower and points out to the side, and the other is rotated so that it faces more to the front and is tilted slightly up. So the effect is that they look different on. With all this bad matching based on biology, it's hard to imagine that a fraction of a mm difference in size would be visible when on.

Yep, none of this is obvious when I'm wearing gold hoops or dangles, but stick a pearl in there and HELLO! Now I'm weirdly self-conscious about my ears.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I think they must be the 12 Step earrings. :naughty:

I suspect everyone's ears are slight mismatched, just as it's common for one eye to be slightly higher than the other. I noticed this on a tv shopping host just last night, she has one ear noticeably larger than the other. I know my own earlobes are not an exact match; good thing I have a face in the middle.

It's a wonder any of us have the courage to leave the house.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with that, Ennui, but I wore them today and DH didn't notice them at all (which is weird because ordinarily I'd be explaining how exactly my new goodies arrived when I'm supposedly not buying anything right now), so I'm thinking that I might call them my "invisible earrings". Otherwise they might have been my "intervention earrings" for sure!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe he was afraid to say anything? But pearl studs are classic, not flashy, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think he did notice them...because for a second he started to say something (It looked like "HEY!"), and then he changed his mind. I think he might have second guessed himself because he's been wrong a few times lately about things that I haven't worn in a while. And because it's been legit and he can tell when I'm fibbing because apparently I get what he calls a "New Pearl Glow" that has become my tell, I think he didn't want to be wrong again. He prides himself on noticing these things, you see. It's part of his being supportive.

So maybe they have become my Illicit Earrings! A good match to The Forbidden Pendant.

Although I hope I'm not giving people the impression that poor DH disapproves of my little hobby (he doesn't...in fact, he's quite enabling). My reluctance to admit how much I've bought is only about my own feelings of having gone a bit overboard. I have to admit that once I discovered all of our wonderful online vendors, I got a tiny bit obsessed. :devil: DH actually finds it quite funny that he can (almost always) tell when I've bought myself something new.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I never thought your DH disapproved. :angel: I like the name Illicit Earrings! Very stealth-y.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I love your big beautiful studs cmd2014 they are so reflective those metallics always knock my socks off, Katbran, get on Kevin's list at POJ he is going back in June to HK I believe, I waffled around due to other purchases at that time and missed out myself too late.

I struggle with my mis-matched lobes and piercings too when wearing big studs, and your correct cmd2014 our flawed lobes show up more when wearing bright white pearls but, then I look at how wonderful theses big pearls are and it goes away! :love:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Frost Me!

And I will tell myself that the world will be so blinded by the beauty of my illicit earrings that no one will notice my wonky ears!

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
cmd2014|1427730981|3854534 said:
That's true...it doesn't seem fair that the pendant and ring have names, and the earrings don't. DH doesn't know about the earrings yet either. Isn't that the first sign that you have a problem...when you start hiding your behaviour from the people who care about you? I'm a bit worried that an intervention followed by a 12 step program is not that far away from the place I am now...

And I was thinking of you, Bailey, this morning as I put these giant babies on. I have to admit that before I started buying pearl earrings, I never gave a single thought to my ears. Literally, not once did I ever think about them. Suddenly, I'm noticing the asymmetry that exists on my head! One ear sticks out more than the other, one earlobe points straight out sideways from my head, and one points more towards my face. One piercing points a slightly different direction than the other, and one is higher than the other one too! So even though my earrings are extremely well matched in the box...they are a bit wonky on me! One hangs slightly lower and points out to the side, and the other is rotated so that it faces more to the front and is tilted slightly up. So the effect is that they look different on. With all this bad matching based on biology, it's hard to imagine that a fraction of a mm difference in size would be visible when on.

Yep, none of this is obvious when I'm wearing gold hoops or dangles, but stick a pearl in there and HELLO! Now I'm weirdly self-conscious about my ears.

Yes, it is sooo true. I noticed my assymetric ears too once I put my 12mm gssp studs when I never noticed them before with smaller diamond or sapphire studs. With my gssps and now with my metallics being slightly different in sizes i've been trying to put the bigger pearl on the earlobe that points towards my face and the smaller one on the earlobe that sticks out a bit more to make it more balance. I don't know if it does have a balancing effect since there are other factors like ear size, how i wear my hair etc. but it makes me feel better. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results