shape
carat
color
clarity

a GREEN thread!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
TL|1425265380|3840525 said:
Wow, loving all the beautiful green gems.

Here's my 4 carat tsavorite cabochon. It's included, but as a cabochon, I don't notice them as much. I've had the stone for a while, but finally managed to set it.
Wow, it looks like an emerald. What a knockout.

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
I love everyone's green bling! They are all so gorgeous :lickout: Just out of curiosity, what is your preference for greens in terms of modifiers? I like mint garnets to have blue modifiers, for example.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1425581846|3842324 said:
TL|1425265380|3840525 said:
Wow, loving all the beautiful green gems.

Here's my 4 carat tsavorite cabochon. It's included, but as a cabochon, I don't notice them as much. I've had the stone for a while, but finally managed to set it.
Wow, it looks like an emerald. What a knockout.

Thank you Pregcurious.

I think if people want to emulate an emerald with a tsavorite, then a cabochon is the way to go. I don't think faceted tsavorite quite looks like emerald because tsavorites tend to be too brilliant/sparkly, but the cabochon is all about color.

Gingercurls,
I prefer bluish green mints as well.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
gingercurls|1425582233|3842330 said:
I love everyone's green bling! They are all so gorgeous :lickout: Just out of curiosity, what is your preference for greens in terms of modifiers? I like mint garnets to have blue modifiers, for example.
My preference for green stones is that they have a blue modifier, and be medium to medium dark.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
pregcurious|1425583556|3842344 said:
gingercurls|1425582233|3842330 said:
My preference for green stones is that they have a blue modifier, and be medium to medium dark.

Me too! I prefer greens with a blue modifier to pure greens.

I also prefer medium to medium-dark green stones with the exception of mints which I prefer to be medium or slightly lighter in tone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My preference for a green stone is to have a blue modifier as well. :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sheesh, acinom, everything looks fabulous on you - is there any ring or stone color that you don't rock?!!

gayani1

Shiny_Rock
nice gems everyone!!! :appl:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Glad to have found this thread! All your green gems are so gorgeous. I especially love the green sapphires (sigh). Here's my ring (soon to be earrings, I hope) with green stones I suspect are demantoid. We shall see...

img_7543.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As always, Greg, very nice! I look forward to seeing what comes of this gorgeous rough!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline: your rings are fantastic! Love those colors in tourmaline.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GregS - looking forward to seeing your stone cut..beautiful rough! Very pretty rings tourmaline and indigoblue!

Seeing this thread last night, reminded me I needed to take pictures of my green tourmaline ring..9mm (4.24 carats) tourmaline from Congo set in preloved setting on an overcast day. Although I am more of a blue than green person, the stone caught my attention at a gem/mineral show as most I've seen are elongated cuts. The setting was a trade-in my jeweler had that once held a bezel set asscher diamond.

ring-green_tourmaline_outdoors_overcast.jpg ring-greentourmalineside.jpg ring-greentourmaline.jpg ring-greentourmaline2.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, I remember drooling over that stone GregS...how could I forget it?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
imageproxy.jpeg
My new Peridot ring by Jeff Davies. I LOVE green stones and was delighted to learn about the Peridot! Didn't want to stuff around trying to find someone to set it and a setting so I got Jeff to make the ring and set the stone for me. I LOVE IT! I haven't been able to take proper pictures of it but the stone is so well cut and a gorgeous shade of green in real life. The ring is lovely too. There is some lovely detailed etching on the band. Very well made and doesn't have that "cheap" look that I sometimes see in the premade settings in jewellery shops.

Jeff is lovely to work with. I just really need to stay away from his site so I don't keep commissioning new rings from him!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a lovely ring! I'm not a fan of peridot but when I saw your ring I stopped dead... The color is spectacular. Maybe it's the combination of the yellow gold setting with the green? Whatever it is, it doesn't look like your everyday peridot. Maybe it's the backdrop? Love love the color! Can you give the specs?

What I need is @Bluegemz to chime in and help me describe the color and the mood. She has a lovely way with words...

I know what you mean about Jeff Davies. I have a sphene pendant on the way that I absolutely didn't need but had to have. I bought the stone and asked him to throw it in a basket...

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The specs are
Total Carat Weight (TCW): 2.22
Width: 8.36
Depth: 5.22

I was initially a bit worried about the combination of yellow gold and green but then I went for it as I felt it was a bit bolder than going for white gold.

I am a lover of all things green (I know the username seems weird in lieu of this fact but I do love yellow diamonds hence the username) so I figured I would most likely enjoy the stone. In some lighting it can look "olivey" for lack of a better word but I wore it out in the afternoon today (bright cloudless day) and it was so lively and it stayed that lovely bright green shade!

Hehe it's dangerous isn't it! See a stone, send a few emails, buy the stone, order the ring and before you know it....another item!

Ooh please post your photos when your pendant gets to you! I am safe in that I am lazy and hate changing pendants. Rings are terrible because they are so easy to switch and one has two hands and lots of fingers for rings.......

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a lovely ring! I'm not a fan of peridot but when I saw your ring I stopped dead... The color is spectacular. Maybe it's the combination of the yellow gold setting with the green? Whatever it is, it doesn't look like your everyday peridot. Maybe it's the backdrop? Love love the color! Can you give the specs?

What I need is @Bluegemz to chime in and help me describe the color and the mood. She has a lovely way with words...

I know what you mean about Jeff Davies. I have a sphene pendant on the way that I absolutely didn't need but had to have. I bought the stone and asked him to throw it in a basket...

Awe, thank you Suzanne! I'd say that lovely peridot color is a green which seems born from the sun! It's showered in the embracing warmth of golden light, as one feels in the height of Summer. The green within is that twinkle of promise and of growth. I am reminded of warm rain drops reflecting sun on yellow flowers and green leaves.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
imageproxy.jpeg
My new Peridot ring by Jeff Davies. I LOVE green stones and was delighted to learn about the Peridot! Didn't want to stuff around trying to find someone to set it and a setting so I got Jeff to make the ring and set the stone for me. I LOVE IT! I haven't been able to take proper pictures of it but the stone is so well cut and a gorgeous shade of green in real life. The ring is lovely too. There is some lovely detailed etching on the band. Very well made and doesn't have that "cheap" look that I sometimes see in the premade settings in jewellery shops.

Jeff is lovely to work with. I just really need to stay away from his site so I don't keep commissioning new rings from him!
Really a gorgeous ring, Mellowyellowgirl!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results