shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That elderly lady who whispers "Life is short" in your ear? She's the owner's mom!!!! :lol:

We have fog this Tuesday morning here in AZ. We almost never have fog because fog after all is MOISTURE. I think AZ must account for 90% of all moisturizer sales in the US.

Jimmieanne, is it too early to share the link of your new diamond love with us? Pic of your Tiffany steal?

Marcy, regarding sectionals. I insisted to Bob that a sectional would be the solution to my sofa wars. We spent $5500 on a green leather sectional. We went to the factory in downtown Phoenix to sit on the cushions to customize them prior to being completely sewn up and installed. We picked out two chairs of the sectional that are motorized recliners.

I hate this thing. Its uncomfortable and its HYOOOOGE. When I moved it from the TV room to the living room, I think it almost killed Bob. It got stuck in the passway between the rooms too! We never had the 3 parts that make up the sectional break down or come apart, its an extremely substantial piece of furniture, but I know what you mean because I've seen what you refer to in sofas that have motorized recliners in them, they never look true or square and eventually you've got one 'chair' that is riding higher or lower than the other. The Westies love this sofa. They have the ENTIRE run of it in the living room and it is strategically positioned to see what is going on in the front of the house/out on the street.

Its so hard to break down and move that this sofa is in the house until we sell the house and even then I'm tempted to say "Sectional included!" except that might prevent the sale, LOL.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you girls also noticed that so much of the furniture sold today is just massive size wise. Nothing bothers me more than when furniture is jammed packed looking In a room. Our home is only 2600 share feet and I hate this new furniture. Even dining room and kitchen tables are all larger now then they were 10 years ago. I remember a few years ago being home from work one day watching the Nate Burkis show and hearing him say you should put larger scale furniture in a small room. It looked ridiculous. Who wants to be in a room you can't even move around in. I like everything to look nice scale wise in a room.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1425397096|3841240 said:
That elderly lady who whispers "Life is short" in your ear? She's the owner's mom!!!! :lol:
I did ask the owner if she was on the payroll :lol:

shoot - I forgot that I'm bunny-sitting this morning.
Off to town.
I am almost as excited as Missy :wavey: about the OEC LOL and will post more later.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy, this thread is really moving- my apologies if I'm behind or miss something!

Missy, I would love to meet you in Lambertiville at some point! And I'd like to check out Isreal Rose too…I always look at the site and I'm amazed at the inventory they have. Looks to me that they have some really pretty pieces. I'm a little surprised they're not mentioned more on PS. And yeah, I would be open to checking out other diamond dealers but I just am not familiar enough with the NY Diamond District to know who is reputable. At least I know that people have purchased yellow diamonds from DBL and have been happy with them. And I would love to join you guys in November! Your EC earrings sound beautiful, would love to see them if you get a chance. :love: Sorry about the paint snafu - it is virtually impossible to imagine what an entire room is going to look like from that one little paint swatch. We have had to redo rooms too because the color just didn't look as expected once the whole room was done :sick: . Thinking of your friend and hoping everything turns out ok. (((hugs)))

Calliecake, thanks for the reassurance about my jewelry mistake! Everyone's comforting words have really helped. I don't have a knot in my stomach about it anymore lol. It's a pretty ring, and I do wear it - I just don't love it and would rather have the funds to put towards something else. Again, our husbands sound so similar, mine pretty much said the same things as yours. He doesn't really get the whole jewelry thing, but he understood that I was disappointed and felt badly about the money, and tried to make me feel better about it, which I appreciate. That is so nice that you were willing to send me your sapphire ring! I can just picture your husband saying "but you don't even know this woman" :D I would have definitely sent it back to you lol. Thanks for the encouragement about talking to my brother! Yeah, I'm not really looking forward to it, and I'm waiting until we get a little closer to summer - in a normal family, the siblings would work together with something like this, but my brother and sister don't get along and hardly speak. My family is just kind of a mess and the relationships are complicated, which makes a situation like this even more difficult. :roll: How is your week going? You mentioned this isn't a good one for you, I hope you're doing ok. Hang in there, it's Hump Day so the week is almost over!

Jimmianne, I didn't think you were making light of regretting purchases! And actually it makes me feel better that we are all joking around a bit about it and not portraying it as the end of the world, now that would make me feel bad ha! I am late in commenting about the diamond that's arriving soon…I am not an expert by any means but that OEC looks beautiful to me, I can't wait to hear what you think. How exciting to have something so special show up at your doorstep. I was so excited about my OEC arriving from JbEG - and I ended up really liking it and keeping it. It was the first one I looked at :oops: No regrets though, I'm really happy with it. I purchased my diamond from Grace, she was wonderful to deal with and really does seem like a truly nice and decent person.

Marcy, glad you're feeling better - my back feels stiff and sore from exercising, I thought exercise was supposed to make you feel better lol. I'm just working through it and hoping it goes away. :knockout: I'm considering selling the ring I bought, I'll take a loss but I'm ok with that, at least I'll recoup some of the money spent. And yes, the same thing you experience is happening to me, I'm getting completely sidetracked with looking for a yellow diamond ring and am finding other things I want! I'll be thinking of Marty, I'm sure he'll be fine but it is worrisome when our husbands have to venture into somewhat dangerous areas…I'm really glad this is a short trip and he'll be home soon. I"m with you, I love to keep meals as simple as possible, makes life much easier! My new hobby is finding recipes that require the least amount of ingredients. :cheeky:

Kristie, your story about the sectional made me laugh! Yep, we had a sectional years ago and I wasn't too crazy about it - but someone gave it to us so the price was right lol. The best thing about it was my young son kept himself busy by building forts with the cushions.

Ovi, hope you're feeling ok and your day is going well!

Ok, I'm sure I've probably missed something but I'm writing a novel here and I don't want to put you all to sleep. Will check in with everyone later!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, I had to write about having a ring your not terribly happy with and would love to put that money toward other pieces. You just opened up a whole new can of worms. I'm sure all of us together could fill up a whole drawer with those items. You are in such good company. I know we all have been there many times. As we get older our tastes change to. When I was young I HATED large diamonds and found them gaudy. You know I feel completely different know! I never realized your engagement ring diamond came from Grace. I love you beautiful diamond.

I understand the whole family thing. Are you sure we aren't related? My husband's family is so different. They sit and talk about everything rationally and usually agree on everything when it comes to the hard decisions. We all worked as a team really well when my in laws were ill. It helped so much to feel some peace when bad things are happening. My family .....not so much. I really understand how hard it must be for you because it causes so much more tension and stress when everyone doesn't pull together and try to help each other out.

I'm doing very well today. Just had a bad scare yesterday. One more appointment on Friday and then hopefully no worries. We are also still waiting on my brother. Thank you for asking Junebug.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, I'm glad you doing well today. I hope it's comforting when you think about everyone waiting with you for more reports on you and your brother.

Junebug, I don't know what made me suddenly look up the thread for the resetting of your stone, but what fun to read through the process and see the photos. I can't imagine you ever got DDS after that new setting and it's so beautiful on your hand. I liked that comment : "I wish I had that ring AND those thighs!" lol

I did not hear from Grace today, so probably my ring will come tomorrow. I am both excited - and nervous. I keep going back to the website to confirm that I got the "right" one, but I think so. It's a 2.34 L/VS2 OEC in the original solitaire setting.
Stopped on the way home to buy several different nail polishes : )
and bought a vintage velvet ring box on Esty. I love the rose velvet one Grace uses for her photos, but sadly I don't think it comes with the ring. [Grace? read my mind...send the box!]
No matter what, I'll post photos when it arrives. I've been so excited that I'm worn down, but can't stop grinning.

on the subject of couches...
I bought a Restoration Hardware couch thinking I'd gotten the holy grail but it was awful. Uncomfortable, huge, lumpy looking and so heavy I could not even move it to clean.
About a year later I washed the bottom slipcovers and they shrank. I asked RH to replace them and they said they would have to send a whole new couch. I told them I hated it and they gave me a refund. Boy, did I get lucky there. I ended up with a simple sectional from West Elm that I love. I would not call it top-of-the-line furniture, but the design is great and all the parts-both tops & backs- can be configured in different ways for people who like change! :devil:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Jimmianne,

I just looked at your stone on Grace's website. OMG this is so much prettier than the diamond in the newsletter. If it ends up looking like the picture how could you be disappointed. I have my fingers crossed on this one for you. So so pretty!

I can't believe RH took the sofa back after a years time although I have heard that they treat their customers well.

Thank you so much for checking on me. The girls here have been more of comfort to me than I would have ever dreamed. I know I have driven poor Missy and Kristie crazy as they both had to talk me off the ledge. I love them both!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Callie. Fingers crossed here too!

Everyone here IS so nice. It's like an oasis in every day : )

[Not only did RH take back the couch, but at the same time I washed ONLY one seat cushion on my set of 4 slipcovered dining chairs. It shrank as well - and they literally had to replace all 4 chairs. wild. you would think they could mail out one seat cushion cover but they couldn't :confused: ]

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no... We finished HOC season 3. :(( It was over so fast. I want more. :((
It was good.

On the subject of furniture and RH I like some of their furniture. We have a cherry wood coffee table from them (not being used right now) and all our sheets are all from RH. Love their sheets. Jimmianne, I'm glad they took back that couch and gave you a full refund. That's good service!

OMG I am on pins and needles waiting for that diamond to arrive. And tomorrow I am at work so may have to wait all day till I get to see it. ;(

Junebug, your OEC from JbEG is so GORGEOUS. :love: And I love the Simon G halo setting you chose for it. It makes those chunky facets pop like nothing else. Really beautiful! In fact sometimes I think I might need to try out a bezel or halo setting on my solitaire but then I get cold feet because I am such a solitaire girl. BUT if it would make my OEC's chunky facets even more chunky I would reconsider! The problem is knowing what it would do before going to the cost and energy of resetting. Your setting is truly perfect for your gorgeous OEC that is one thing I am certain of and that my dear makes any mistakes at other times worth it. It got you to your final and perfect ring. :love:

I am so glad you are joining us in October! Very excited to meet you. Though hopefully we can meet in Lambertville before then. :appl:

Marcy, I hope you are feeling better tonight and look forward to hearing how your day went. When is Marty aka Martino (hehe) leaving on his business trip? I am sending safe travel dust his way and hoping he will be back home with you very soon!

Callie, how did the rest of your day go honey? I know it had to be happy and I hope you enjoyed that ice cream! I have a craving for some now LOL. Isn't that funny how reading this thread always makes me hungry haha. By the time we all meet at the GTG I will be 200 lbs hehe. Well you know what that means. More jewelry for me to make me feel better. :cheeky:

Oh and you could never drive me crazy! Are you kidding? You are a breath of fresh air and a sweetheart! You are a kind, generous and wonderful person and there is no way I could ever feel any differently ever. We all love you!!! (((Hugs))) and so glad everything is OK!!!

Ovi, I hope you enjoyed that salsa dancing tonight and that you are sleeping and having sweet dreams. Have a good rest of the week and we will see you Thursday morning when you have time.

Kristie, haha funny about your sectional sabotaging any deals of selling LOL. I hear you and yes that would be off-putting to some. Though on some of those house shows we watch many people seem to like fully furnished purchases no matter how awful the furniture is so perhaps there's a chance you can unload it that way. :devil:

Jimmianne, I know what you mean about it being like an oasis in here. It's our soft place to fall when we need comfort and hugs and support and unconditional love. How rare is that in this world and I am so appreciative of each and everyone of you.(((Hugs))) to you all!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is not a reply to anything! Just a last comment before putting away the toys for the night : )
Finished the last episode of HOCs
download__1__0.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Callie, that’s is kind of funny your boss likes the same scotch as Marty. I am sure Wink would make sure your niece would have a fabulous ring. He was so nice I felt bad going with an ACA. Whiteflash was nice to me too though. Is your sapphire a good color? Could it be recut to something you like? I will try to keep in mind you have a good story for me that will make me laugh. I hope one of your nieces will want your grandmother’s china, it is nice to keep things like that in the family. That is too bad about buying a vanity then ending up hating it. I often try to buy a less expensive version of something I want and then of course I replace it a few times. It took years for Marty to convince to just buy what I want in the first place. I am glad your husband had a drive in Trinidad. Marty had one in Uganda. That is awful your company would send people to such a dangerous place in Mexico and not offer protection of help you out if someone kidnaps you. I know there are some places Marty’s company won’t go in to but some places he goes make me kind of nervous. Waiting for test results seem to take forever. I will continue to keep you and your brother in my thoughts. I can see Marty saying the exact same thing about a bad purchase; he usually says “I’m over it. How about you?” I so agree what matters with jewelry is that you like it and enjoy wearing it. A few of my favorite pieces of jewelry aren’t PS quality but I reach for them all the time. I’ll post a picture of my favorite little go to ring. It’s is a band with multiple little hearts that have diamond chips and little sapphires in the middle of them all. The sapphires are the darker navy but I really like that ring. I would absolutely love to meet all of you ladies so I hope it works out I can this year.

Jimmiane, I am glad your Tiffany find on Ebay is the real deal and you are happy with it. How exciting to have the OEC diamond on it’s way for viewing. Too funny you are thinking of a name for it. That elderly lady gave your some very wise advice. Life is short and you may as well enjoy it as well as you can. And of course that mean with pretty jewelry. Trust me; I make light of some of the silly things I’ve wasted money on but oh well I always pass it on to someone who does want it. That is incredible RH refunded the money on your couch. It’s nice to hear about great customer service like that.

Missy, that is pretty funny that any scotch tastes okay after the first drink. I’ll remember that. I enjoyed my beginning explorations in jewelry and gemstones. That is how I learned what I liked and what looked good. I have a little crystal dish full of loose gemstones and I call my Prozac in a jar. That actually has some gems from my short-lived pieces of jewelry. Its kind of fun to dump out the gems on a paper towel and look at them. I will certainly see how vacation and travel plans work out. I called my FIL tonight for his birthday and they are looking at renting a place in Myrtle Beach somewhere between May to October. I don’t think Marty will fool any of the local people by saying his name is Martino. Hugs to your friend too; I hope things work out okay there. Yes, I heard more snow is heading your way. Rats for painting the beach house again. It is so hard to tell from those little paint samples too. Our old house Marty painted the wall behind our TV a dark green. I HATED it. I threatened to kill him if he did that to our new house.

Kristie, LOL the elderly lady was the owner’s mom. I talked to my in-laws tonight and they said it was cold there. I told them since it is about 0 here I didn’t want to hear about it. Ha Ha. I am sorry to hear about to your huge customized sectional that you hate. I am chuckling at your story though because I remember when we got our sectional home it seemed to take over the room. Then there is the stupid corner that only a child could set in; your legs are on top of each other around the corners. At least your Westies like you couch and can keep an eye on what’s going on in the world. It sounds like moving it was quite a chore too. Marty has his parent’s old couch that is a sleeper in his office downstairs and I think it will remain with the house when we move too. Our man cave furniture and the chair we got a while ago for the den have the motorized recliners and I think they are amazing. My short legs and bad knees have problems pushing a regular recliner back down. Bunny sitting? I can send you Marty’s to watch since he’s out of town.

Junebug, I can really identify with friction between siblings. My sisters often fight and one sister often fought with my mom. I am the family mediator; it can be tough. I am sure you will feel less sore with more exercise. I know that doesn’t sound like it makes sense but it usually turns out that way. I do the same thing when I decide I don’t want a piece of jewelry, I will just sell it to get something out of it and use that money towards my next project. Many of my friends, family or co-workers have got some screaming deals on jewelry from me. They are happy and it eases my mind that I can now spend money on my next project. I keep thinking of pretty yellow diamonds for you. Quick and easy meals with few ingredients are the way to go. I’ll spend time cooking on weekends but during the week; I want to have dinner done including dishes by 6:30 to 7:00.

We had ground blizzards, drifts and ice this morning but that my car made it to work. Marty got to the Denver airport without incident and is on his was to Guatemala City right now. Tomorrow we might make it to the teens, woo hoo I need to find my shorts.

I cranked on the fireplace. I might stay in the living room all night. It’s so toasty warm now.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To add some more bling to our oasis . . .

_61.gif

hrt_0.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1425440181|3841561 said:
To add some more bling to our oasis . . .

Excellent feng shui for the oasis ----auspicious for attracting more abundance! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I LOVE that ring. Something very fetching about it and I really am not a heart person but love your ring :love: . The contrast of the diamonds with the sapphires and the design with alternating up and down hearts IDK what makes it so visually appealing to me but it is beautiful on your hand. I can see why you reach for it more often than not.

Love your dish of happy gemstones also! Makes me smile looking at it so I can imagine it must make you smile too. Pretty!

My friend is A-OK thank you for asking! All is well and I couldn't be more relieved and happy!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: It's funny how life can really change in an instant and thank goodness everything is OK with her. :appl:

Greg's the same way as Marty and Jeff. Bad purchase move on and don't fret. Concentrate on the here and now and stop worrying about the past and what has already happened. Sage advice. Gotta love our men. :appl:

Oh I so hope you can make it in October! I almost emailed you yesterday about it but then I didn't want to be a pest and if you have a family function what can you do but OMG I would be so happy if you could come Marcy!!!

Jimmianne, we finished HOC at almost the same time I think LOL. It went so fast right? I am sad we are finished watching it and now I hope the new season of Orange is the New Black arrives soon. Haha looking ahead to our next Netflix obsession. We started watching a scary movie I TIVOd the other day on cable called "The Conjuring". We just got a half hour or so into the movie but so far it seems promising. I LOVE scary movies. Though probably watching them right before bed like we did last night wasn't my best idea. LOL.

Today is D-Day (as in OEC Diamond!!!!) Jimmianne, I am holding my breath that this OEC knocks you over with its beauty and that you fall in love. OMG I am at work all day and won't get to see this till I get home tonight probably. Please take lots of pics so when I get home I have something to look forward to...I am expecting a challenging day at work so will be most grateful for any eye candy you can share. :love: :appl: So excited for you! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh I have a confession to share (here in this thread only right now LOL)...I am considering a new setting for my OEC but really waffling about it as I don't know what to do.

I love my solitaire setting which is a genuine antique and really suits Bea. However I have also fallen in love with Caysie's work and she is a true artist and I cannot help wondering how my Bea would look in one of her amazing settings...OMG I don't want to make a mistake and I am a visual person so won't know for sure how she will look until she is in the setting.

I know you guys understand the dilemma. I am also concerned about the facets darkening in an enclosed setting as OEC's are not ideally cut for light return so enclosing Bea might be a disaster. I tried putting tin foil around her but LOL that experiment failed. I could not tell a thing by doing that haha.

I have been chatting with Caysie and she had some good ideas but I have to be as sure as possible because it would be too costly a mistake at this time and I really do love Bea in her solitaire setting. Darn PS and all the eye candy that lures me in to the dark side... :devil:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy,
I just saw your feet on the nail polish thread =)
I'm like you - foot manicures only - and I always take a photo afterward to send to my daughter.
I was wondering this morning how are you doing. You never talk about the degree of your recovery. Are you as good as new now? or does this weather give you twinges.

So excited that "my" ring is coming today that I woke up at 3:30am. I UPS pre-signed since I'll be bunny sitting in town again today and hope that the package is on the front porch when I get home! The ring is 2 sizes too big, but hopefully will fit a middle finger so I can wear it to a party on Friday and show it off. I'm not much of a show-off, but I'm getting better at it thanks to PS, embracing my proclivity toward bling. When I first joined PS I thought people were bragging about their diamonds, now I know they are sharing their joy.
I think one of the first photos I ever saw here was a diamond ring wearing a Santa hat. It seemed...um...very crazy. :lol:

Marcy, I like Wink too and have had some fun talks with him. I always want to support his business and hope to be able to do so sometime! I love your hearts band and can see why it's a ring you go for often. It would look great in my sapphire/diamond stack :naughty:

edit: Missy - Have you seen the series "Life" about the zen detective? That was really good.

have a good day at work. I wish I didn't have to cat & bunny sit so I could be home when the box arrives! So we will both be away.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Jimmianne! I wish you were going to be home too. But think of the beautiful gift that awaits you when you return home!

No I haven't seen "Life" yet. Another PSer recommended that series to me also. I will have to check it out, thank you!

LOL yes I only wear toe polish. In fact that reminds me I have to do another color. I only like dark colors for some reason on me. I think it is the contrast with my pale skin.

Thank you for asking about my recovery. I am happy with how I am doing. I am stiff whenever I get up from a seated position and it takes me a minute or 2 or 3 to walk without a limp but I can live with that. And yes my leg/ankle does feel differently than before and I do not have that same flexibility and sometimes it hurts but truly all in all I am pleased and grateful and have no complaints. The scars look yucky but again it doesn't bother me.

What upsets me (as I am sure you are all tired of hearing about LOL) is my face but I am so tired of talking about that and just giving it a rest. I am always scared to look in the mirror as my face can change in an instant. Literally. The last 2 days I wasn't too bad in the AM but then in the afternoon when I looked into the mirror I had about 4 big new bumps. This morning is not good either and going to face the world at work is challenging emotionally for me and also it does cause me physical discomfort. LOL so much for not talking about it. :oops:

Have a great day and enjoy the kitty and bunny sitting and we will all be on pins and needles till we hear your assessment of this OEC. Good luck!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, do you like Caysie's new eternity bands? I like the one with quatrefoils & French cut baguettes. If you are concerned about changing your setting, maybe a new band would give a fresh look without enclosing your OEC. But the idea of a setting from Caysie is fun to think about! Her work is sublime.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1425466150|3841623 said:
Missy, do you like Caysie's new eternity bands? I like the one with quatrefoils & French cut baguettes. If you are concerned about changing your setting, maybe a new band would give a fresh look without enclosing your OEC. But the idea of a setting from Caysie is fun to think about! Her work is sublime.

Oh I do but I don't think it would scratch my itch LOL. I wish!
Not sure what to do really as why am I playing around with changing the setting I love? Is it just in our genetic makeup that we must have some project on the table to satisfy some innate desire for bling? IDK. Will think about it and see. I really love her work but I also love my setting as it is and not sure my OEC will look as good as Junebug's OEC in an enclosed setting...

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry your face is making you suffer. I do hope it will resolve soon.
Mine is not as severe as yours, but the blisters under the skin were painful, and the red bumps made me not want to even dress up & try to look good, so I can somewhat relate.
Mine is suddenly better this last week - I stopped using that fancy sunscreen with all the chemicals and lo & behold, my face has calmed down. This is after 18 months of angst with skin that looked like perpetual sun poisoning. So I do hope that you find the trigger ASAP.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Jimmianne, and I am so glad your skin calmed down! I think the trigger is in my body meaning it is genetic (and autoimmune) somehow. I really have eliminated almost everything and cannot think of what else to do. My rosacea is just getting worse which I know happens with some people with age. I am not giving up but am trying to be more realistic now. I almost feel like my derm just doesn't know what to do next and took my suggestion of Accutane as just something to try since we are at a loss at how to make my skin calmer.

Anyway, I am (trying) keeping positive and upbeat and moving along as best I can. All I can say is this has been one helluva long trial/journey for me LOL but upwards and onward. :wavey:

And I am very excited about today for you...seriously my adrenaline is rushing through my body (probably not good for me either LOL) when I think about your potential new diamond. :bigsmile:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your excitement for me! Sharing makes things even better.

Rosacea ran in my family - my grandfather and my mother both had it, but I'm adopted so I didn't inherit it, but I do remember what they went through.
This may sounds crazy, but what about acupuncture? other alternative medicine, or stress-reducing things. You may have already tried these things that I missed.

Have a good day at work!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Jimmianne, no I haven't tried acupuncture yet...a good suggestion!

I am the first one in my family (that we know of) with rosacea. Interesting and I am glad no one else in my family has it.

Have a good day too and "see" you later. :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I love that heart ring with the sapphs and diamonds, I like the alternating hearts and the genera SPARKLE of the entire ring. I'd wear that ring all the time if I owned it! I also covet your Prozac in a Bowl, hahahaha, seriously what a great idea. I have the start of my own Prozac in a Bowl with some cheapies from the Show in Tucson, stuff like "Lemon Quartz!"

Jimmieanne, what no PICS yet? I did not know you can presign with UPS, I'm going to ask about that this morning when I'm there. I'm mailing my 10-ct concave cushion spessie to Wink for setting. Wink's rep, Melissa, tells me that if you send your item UPS at the value of $5,005, the box goes into a locked cage and anytime its taken out or handled that contact is logged electronically. In other words, impossible to lose or steal. So I'll be checking that out. I usually use FedEx.

So we NIRDIs, we have a project going with Wink now! Setting will be twisted rope shank 3 mm, double claw prongs, all 14k wg.

Missy, I completely agree with backing off the face. Time to let go, let the angst go, let the frustration go. (I'm reading Wayne Dyer's book, Wishes Fulfilled, Mastering the Art of Manifesting. ) You're beautiful, you are healthy, you're skin is getting aligned with that right now.

Junebug, is your trip to San Antonio and the Riverwalk just around the corner?

Callie, I had HD Coffee last night with some Hershey's syrup. That last part was definitely gilding the lily. I still lost 1 lb this morning :lol:

Ovi, I'm glad you're dancing feet are getting a workout these days! Go Girlfriend!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls,

Missy, Missy, Missy, Are you seriously thinking of resetting Bea??? I have to say this but I'm sure you already know it to be true. Bea is one of my all time favorite rings, the diamond, the setting, the size, everything about her is perfection in my eyes. She screams elegance to me. Please make sure it is what you truly want to do before making the change. Have you considered buying another diamond and having Caysie set it? Are you thinking halo or a different type of setting? The ONLY reason I mention this is because you know my ring saga. I bought my halo and realized I am more of a solitare (well actually diamond with small baguette on the side girl). I wear both rings but I often wish I had put the money from both rings into a larger Emerald or OEC cut ring. I could have had the ring I fell in love with on vacation and had money left over. I get the most complements on that Henri Daussi halo ring. I am always stopped and asked about it if I wear it out shopping. Friday it was two women standing behind me in line to pay at a store. They both tried it on. One of them took pictures of it on her hand with her cell phone. I am more comfortable wearing the other ring. I also think I would be happier if the halo was more of an antique looking halo. It is nice though to be able to switch off depending on my mood. I also like wearing clothing in solids, not patterns because I think it makes my diamonds look prettier. Sometimes I think I am truly crazy! I also wish all my diamonds were not bought before finding Pricescope.

Please know that I'm sure Bea will look beautiful if you decide to set her. You have wonderful taste and know you will pick something beautiful if you decide to make a change. It will also be a fun project if you decide to change.

Please be careful coming home tonight if the weather is still bad.

Jimmianne, Can you bring the kitties and bunnies to your house? I was going to try to take a picture of your new diamond and text it to Missy so she would have something pretty to look at on her way home from work. I can't wait to see this diamond! I think I'm as excited as you are!!! Do you plan on keeping her in the setting that she is currently in or are you going to have her reset if you decided to keep her. Do you have her name picked out yet? Listen to me, I'm even excited to hear what her name will be.

Marcy, Do you have any plans for while Marty is away? I love your ring and I am not even a hearts person. It looks so beautiful on you too. Jimmianne and Missy are correct, it would also look great stacked. I love it when you find rings that you wear alone or with others. I'm so happy you may be able to come to the get together :appl: :appl: :appl: I'm not trying to pressure you but would love to meet you in person. I believe one of the reasons why the company would not pay a ransom to the kidnappers is because the police and kidnappers were working and doing this together. How crazy and messed up is that? I had to make sure that Glenlevitt was in one of my bosses hotel room if he was staying there a few days. That was sometimes a bit of a challenge. At least I always knew what to get him for a holiday or birthday present. I knew that was a gift that was never going to be thrown away or regifted.

Kristie, I hope you, Finn and Maggie are having a wonderful morning. I woke up in the best mood today (in large part from both you and Missy's help) I spoke to my brother last night and am also feeling better about his situation. I have got to start laying off the Hagen Dazs. The calorie and fat content is crazy in this stuff. The next time I'm at the store I'm going to try to find the mint chip ice cream sandwiches. I know you like colored stones. I was watching the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills last night (trashy, I know) and Lisa Vanderbilt had the most beautiful colored stone ring on. Of course it probably cost as much as my home. My husband walked in the room while I was watching it and noticed the ring immediately. You know it's something when a man points it out to you. Do you have anything fun planned for today? I wish we could go out for Starbucks and ice cream!

OV, I cant wait for you to get a break from working so you can come chat. I miss you! Did you decide to go Salsa dancing?

Junebug, I hope all is going well with your mom and you are having a good day. Be careful. My know the weather is bad by you today.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie,

Oh my gosh, Do you have a picture of the stone? How exciting! Have you decided how you are having it set? How cool, another project for us all to get excited about. Yay!!!

You lost a pound eating HD. Are you pulling my leg? There is no way I will get on that darn scale today. I'm sure I gained the pound you lost. I polished off that whole pint in less than 15 minutes. I won't ever buy the quart size because I know the whole container would be gone in one sitting. I have no willpower and know if I had sat down with a quart yesterday it would have been gone before I stood up. Hersey syrup and HD sounds wonderful! I'm glad you are doing so well with your diet. I wish I could go clothes shopping with you. When you eat something like HD do you eat a small amount and put it away. Can anyone really do that?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sort of overwhelmed :love: :love: :love: right now and trying to get some good shots. I can really HAVE this?!

Grace called me just after I opened the inner box to be sure All Was Well. Pre Signing for something like this probably isn't a good idea, but the only problem out here would be a possum running away with the box for nesting material!
I just couldn't dare miss the delivery because I would then have to beat up the kitty and the bunnie. [not really...what a horrible thing to say].
Back in a bit.
Thank you everyone for being SUCH good enablers :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1425489436|3841745 said:
I'm sort of overwhelmed :love: :love: :love: right now and trying to get some good shots. I can really HAVE this?!

Grace called me just after I opened the inner box to be sure All Was Well. Pre Signing for something like this probably isn't a good idea, but the only problem out here would be a possum running away with the box for nesting material!
I just couldn't dare miss the delivery because I would then have to beat up the kitty and the bunnie. [not really...what a horrible thing to say].
Back in a bit.
Thank you everyone for being SUCH good enablers :appl:

I am saying this for everyone. WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! I know many of the girls are working and know they would just as happy for you as I am. I hope Kristie pops back in here soon. Is it really as beautiful as it was in the pictures? I feel like a kid at Christmas!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back from UPS. I've never spent this much to ship a stone: $70. That is 2nd day air so it'll get to Wink on Friday which was important to me, I don't like my pkg sitting over the weekend anywhere. I want it moving along, moving along, heehee, track/track/track, arrival!

UPS does offer that $5,005.00 service BUT you would have to take the pkg to a major UPS outlet to have it locked it from the very get-go. I use the UPS store next to the grocery store and it has no cage so the pkg would have sat there uncaged while awaiting pickup for the airport.

I normally send via FedEx in a medium sized BOX and have never had a problem. I also don't insure and I don't say its a gemstone or diamond because I don't want that information out there. I just call it anything else and its about $10.

You want to send it on a good-sized box because small boxes slid under seats, shelving, etc and its just too easy to lose track of a small box. You want a medium sized box, you can see them wherever they are, they don't tend to go under stuff, etc.

The kid at UPS brought out a padded envelope and I was like No, No, No :sun: medium box thank you!

Anyway.

Jimmianne, can't wait to see the latest :bigsmile: Not that anyone here would rush ya or anything!

Callie, I hear you on what you *could* have had. I would have back most of the money I've spent on less-than stones and custom settings and I could have that nice big diamond I've always wanted. I love those Daussi stones, do you have a thread associated with your ring featuring it? Now when I'm thinking of buying or setting something, I add up costs and ask myself if it would make me happier than a big a$$ antique round diamond.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent Missy an email with photos first, as she was the primary instigator and fellow L.
I don't really think she was an instigator, but it sounds good : )

Long day here - up at 3:30am due to it being diamond day, now crashing but still need to get groceries. Store lighting will be the motivator.
I hesitate to post photos, because I wanted the perfect shot, but this is going to take a while. The stone changes color by the minute and I'm not sure "who" she is yet.
As it turns out I'm happy with the setting and it fits perfectly! I didn't know it was my size, so a little more serendipity : )
p1130171.jpg p1130099.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results