shape
carat
color
clarity

Work out clothing and shoes

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Hello PSers!

I feel like its been forever since I've been on here so here's a very belated Happy New Year! I hope this finds everyone well.

I'll get right down to it. The company I work for moved last year to a bigger building and with that came a space for a fitness center. :) :). Monday is the ribbon cutting along with lunch catered. I'm super excited about this and have been thinking about workout clothing. It's been a very long time so I've worked out and not sure of what brand is better than another.

This is where I thought, hey why not ask on PS. Everyone here is always so helpful and many heads are better than one. What's a brand of workout clothes that you recommend? Any brand to stay away from? And shoes?

Feel free to ask questions. I should be sleeping, but wanted to write this before I forget.

Back to bed I go and can't wait to here the suggestions.

:)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I'll check this out shortly.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought a couple of pairs of capri leggings from Athleta for yoga. The quality is incredible! My stipulation for my pants was that they could NOT be see through when I ran my thumb through the fabric. I've been through enough yoga classes and have seen enough show through moments to know that good quality pants are a must.

I shopped the clearance section because spending $80 a pair is a bit much for me. I did well, both pair were $29 apiece.

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
I will check them out too thank you. I don't have any experience with yoga pants so I really appreciate this. :)

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lucy. Great quality.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
My mom was just telling me about Athleta. She loves their stuff. It's a bit too pricey for me for workout stuff, but the quality is very high.

For shoes, it really depends on what you'll be doing. If you plan on running (or even walking a lot on the treadmill), I highly recommend visiting a running shoe store. They will watch your walk/run and make sure you're in a shoe designed for your foot and gait.

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! Looks like I'll be visiting someone to help with shoes soon. :).

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For running/cardio I have used both Asics and New Balance shoes. I would recommend both. I get my workout clothes from places like TJ Maxx and Marshalls. They have name brand stuff (New Balance, etc.) for a lot less. Good luck!!

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the suggestions!

I bought the brand Zella which I believe is Nordstroms brand and Saucony shoes. I'm 2 days into my workout and loving them both. :)

LetItShine

Shiny_Rock
I love Athleta shorts, capris, and tops. My all time favorite capris are Under Armour. They stay put when you move. For tops I like Lululemon tanks. When buying capris just make sure they don't show through (think crack:) Shoes are personal but I would get properly fitted. Don't skimp on shoes.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I work out a lot, and own everything from target champion brand, old navy work out clothing to the high end Athleta/lululemon stuff. I have to say the high end stuff pay for themselves over time, the elasticity, the color etc stay great after millions of washes, and are well worth the money IMO.

ipodobe

Rough_Rock
caf|1424546782|3836060 said:
Lucy. Great quality.

Agreed, I love their stuff. I have two Lucy hoodies and one pair of yoga pants and they've all held up fantastically.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I really like Old Navy's workout stuff (I have a few tanks that have the built-in bras, plus yoga pants in varying styles and one pair of compression capris) because it's inexpensive compared to Athleta and my stuff has held up really well for years. Target also has pretty good yoga pants (whatever their store brand is... can't remember right now, but they don't pill or anything).

Also, I love half-zip pullovers when the workout room is too cold for me before I get warmed up, like this one: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?vid=1&pid=525201432

For shoes, I'd recommend going to some place that can recommend a style for you based on how you walk/run (like the Endurance Shop). I usually get Nike cross trainers because the arch support in any other brand doesn't fit me right. Once you find a brand that works for you, you can look for sales at the end of the season when they discontinue styles or you can scour eBay. Shoes should be replaced fairly regularly, depending on what you do at the gym and how worn they get (I try to replace annually).

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm trying to lose a lot of weight so just got cheap clearance stuff at Kohls. Not sure of the brands. I think some is Tek Gear. Anyway, it has all been great and it was so cheap I won't feel bad replacing it as I lose pounds.

Shoes were cheap but very comfortable and supportive.worth a bit more to keep the feet supported. Socks make a big difference too. I was about to get New shoes and found it was the sock rubbing my foot wrong.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the work out pants from Lands End. They last forever and are really comfy. They are also flattering. I don't want super tight, show every jiggle pants. No one wants to see that either. I probably have 4 pairs of the boot cut ones. I wear them every day and they have held up super well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results