shape
carat
color
clarity

True Confessions

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I thought of another confession: I hate country music. Hate it. Despise it. Looooooaaathe it. It's all the same. These dreadful stories about break-ups, country life, etc. My DH has never really been into it either, but over the past few years, he's become a country music fan. He sometimes plays it on his phone while doing stuff around the house and it drives me absolutely batty :errrr:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw on FB a while back that it was an actual *thing* the hatred of some sounds. I thought I was just being a fussy ole bag so I was glad to find out otherwise. I don't know that my husband would be any less irritated w/me becoming incensed at the sound of his breathing. He is SO LOUD. LOUD I tell you.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
momhappy said:
I thought of another confession: I hate country music. Hate it. Despise it. Looooooaaathe it. It's all the same. These dreadful stories about break-ups, country life, etc. My DH has never really been into it either, but over the past few years, he's become a country music fan. He sometimes plays it on his phone while doing stuff around the house and it drives me absolutely batty :errrr:

OMG! This is my nightmare; DH liking country music. I think I would become apoplectic. Or just depressed. :(sad

I worry about living where we do, it's very country. Periodically, I consider the saying "Even a blind chameleon changes to match it's surroundings", :shock: and I get worried.

Then I have some bar-b-que, some sweet tea, and some "chicken fried chicken" (yeah, you heard me, and yes, I questioned the waitress about this) and ! decide to just let it pass a little longer. :bigsmile:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1425413335|3841387 said:

This is too funny. My husband has also started listening to country music once in awhile. I was in the car telling him how much I hate it and he tells me to he has a song he needs me to hear because it reminded him of me. I thought this ought to be great as I rolled my eyes. The song title is Stripes by Brandy Clark. It's about a woman who caught her husband in bed with another woman. She is standing there holding a gun waiting to shoot him and it occurs to her that she hates stripes and orange is not her color. She decides that no crime of passion is a worth a crime of fashion and the only saving his life is she would die if someone saw her in strips or orange. It was such a funny song. But I still hate country music.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
purplesparklies said:
:) This made me smile. I remember those days very well. When my boys went through this phase and I reached my "mama" limit, I would stop responding to "mama". I would tell them they had to call me "Princess Penelope". Made me smile and it was trickier for them to say so they would stop saying it constantly. I did receive some strange looks from people when my boys would call me "Princess Penelope" in public. :)

That's a great idea! Sometimes I'll just say his name back to him over and over. He either laughs or gets annoyed and yells "stop it!" at the top of his lungs.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm going to feel so much better the next time I'm lounging in my pj's while surfing the net looking for my next gem purchase with a bowl of raisins beside me . It's so nice to find so many like minded people. The FedEx delivery man has seen me in my pj's & robe more times than I care to admit.

Now for my confession - actually two, which will both show my age (LOL). I'm technologically challenged! I don't know how to upload pictures from any device (phone, camera) to our computer & I don't know how to attach a Smilie (even though I've tried) to a post. Therefore no pictures of any of my bling. I always feel like a dunce because my husband has to help me upload pics. The irony is that I am an Excel spreadsheet guru and can do complicated spreadsheets with macros (insert rolling eye Smilie here - LOL).

Now for the super embarrassing one - I love 1980's television shows. I could watch Magnum P.I. and Tom Selleck's hairy chest all day long (while lounging in my pj's).

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stuff I REALLY hate (thanks for letting me vent!)

Chewing/eating sounds(Pretzels---no! no!!)
Country music (grandma and babies eat'in BBQ in the backyard, by the pickup truck, behind the barn, near the honkytonk--egad)
Rap music (OMG--HATE it so much-I have been waiting for it to go away since I first heard Run DMC in 1984)
People who HUM an unintelligible song in public
People who WHISTLE to themselves --horrible--make it stop!!!
People who sing along to the songs playing in a store
Unbathed, stinky people (Ivory soap is really cheap, and I bet you have running water in your house)
Loud talking/cell phone conversations in public (I don't wanna hear about your doctors appt.)
People who don't use their turn signals (I'll just guess which way you are turning)
Women who wear too much/sloppy/unblended make up (Do you own a mirror?)
The sounds of a football game on TV (That horrible hissing sound of the crowd that wont stop)
People who wear socks with sandals (defeats the purpose)
People with nasty dry heels/horrible yellow toenails showing their feet in public
People who clip their nails in public (Just simply gross)
Men who spit on the sidewalk
People who bend over and show their butt crack over their pants (Can you not feel the breeze on your a$$)
And just one more----drumroll please--------Chipped fingernail polish in Ebay ring listings---the worst!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1425439506|3841559 said:

Country music (grandma and babies eat'in BBQ in the backyard, by the pickup truck, behind the barn, near the honkytonk--egad)
Rap music (OMG--HATE it so much-I have been waiting for it to go away since I first heard Run DMC in 1984)
Unbathed, stinky people (Ivory soap is really cheap, and I bet you have running water in your house)
Loud talking/cell phone conversations in public (I don't wanna hear about your doctors appt.)
People who don't use their turn signals (I'll just guess which way you are turning)
The sounds of a football game on TV (That horrible hissing sound of the crowd that wont stop)
People with nasty dry heels/horrible yellow toenails showing their feet in public
People who bend over and show their butt crack over their pants (Can you not feel the breeze on your a$$)
And just one more----drumroll please--------Chipped fingernail polish in Ebay ring listings---the worst!!!

Do women who spit on the sidewalk OK? ;-)

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Wow, you hate a lot of people.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hear you on not liking country music...I can't stand it either but I know TONS of people love it so I can appreciate that.

My confession...well, if i got caught on this forum at work, It would be totally embarassing because nobody would get it!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been paying for a gym membership since August and I haven't stepped foot in it since I went to get my ID card. That's right, I haven't done a single squat, crunch, or second on a machine.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1425416386|3841413 said:
momhappy said:

OMG! This is my nightmare; DH liking country music. I think I would become apoplectic. Or just depressed. :(sad

I worry about living where we do, it's very country. Periodically, I consider the saying "Even a blind chameleon changes to match it's surroundings", :shock: and I get worried.

Then I have some bar-b-que, some sweet tea, and some "chicken fried chicken" (yeah, you heard me, and yes, I questioned the waitress about this) and ! decide to just let it pass a little longer. :bigsmile:

The "change" happened fairly quickly for my DH. It was sort of like all of a sudden I realized that he was listening to country music all of the time :confused:
I grew up listening to old school country music (Willie Nelson, etc.) because my dad was in a band that played mostly country music - and I didn't mind the old school stuff (still don't). The new stuff, however, is so awful. He listens to it all of the time and I'm left wondering how/why this happened????? I didn't marry a country music fan, but now I'm stuck with one :lol: :sick:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1425478047|3841666 said:

Wow, you hate a lot of people.

Uh, Oh!!!
I offended you somehow---sorry--I thought we were having fun with this thread..............................

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I'll confess a deep dark secret here - before I found PS, I bought jewelry and stones from the Gem Shopping Network. :o :o I've always been too afraid to say anything for fear of losing all credibility here. :oops:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1425494322|3841813 said:
Okay, I'll confess a deep dark secret here - before I found PS, I bought jewelry and stones from the Gem Shopping Network. :o :o I've always been too afraid to say anything for fear of losing all credibility here. :oops:

If it makes you feel any better, my favorite necklace is a bezel set pendant I got -- not even from Zales! -- but the Zales OUTLET!!!

I love it. I wear it happily. :cheeky:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess my true confession should be that I sometimes sing along to the music playing in my favorite grocery store... and sometimes, I compound the offense by doing so unintelligibly. :wink2:

minousbijoux|1425494322|3841813 said:

I bought way more stuff than I'd care to confess to ordering both gemstones and finished jewelry from JTV (back when they went by some other name) and America's Shopping Network and QVC. Some of it was very nice and I got a lot of use out of it... including some 14k gold pieces that I picked up at what now seems like ridiculously low prices. But in truth, it was a bit of an obsession/addiction. I also spent a ton of money sending back things that didn't work out. And I have a big box full of so-so cut, unmounted gemstones as a reminder of those days.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bought my share of jewelry from QVC and other shopping networks and I still occasionally watch the Gem shopping network. Like VR, I have a TON of gold from QVC. I still love it, and more now even, because of the prices I paid way back when. For the longest time, I had no interest in all the diamonique I have (a lot in 14K)-it was real or nothing but recently I have started to wear it again. Minouxbijou, you are in good company here I think!

If you could see my jewelry armoire that is filled to the brim you would understand the definition of excess.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
House Cat - I think you and I are kindred spirits. Same with my gym membership - haven't set foot in the door since we renewed in August. I have to ask you, do you squeeze the raisin package to see if raisins are nice and fresh? My husband gets terribly embarrassed by this. When I was a teenager living at home with my mother she'd have to take the raisin container away from me while I was studying. I'd go through 2 pounds in a blink of an eye.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1425185386|3840025 said:
VRBeauty|1425089132|3839517 said:
What's yours? :Up_to_something:

I just bought myself a $100 pair of knitting needles. They're 24k gold plated. The moment I saw them all reason flew out the window - I knew I wouldn't be leaving that shop without a pair in my bag. The gold adds absolutely nothing in the way of performance, it's just a little secret bling.

Your turn!

Several years ago, I bought a set of $60 needles that were safe to take on flights. They came in a pink case for breast cancer awareness and back then I was big into buying things and donating money and time to that cause. Confession: I've never used them! Like, not even once. i'm not a huge knitter but I thought they'd be good for flying if I wanted to knit while traveling.

One more: I would rather just be alone for 5 minutes than be greeted by a total circus coming home from work at night. I need a minute before hugs/being jumped on by the dog/being kissed. It makes me want to sit in the car for a minute but that isn't possible because the dog hears me pull up and alerts everyone anyway so they know I'm out there! :blackeye: I might be a horrible person for this. I think I've given up my "me" time forever and that sometimes really depresses me. It's like, work, traffic, home...I need a buffer in between! These days I walk in and don't usually sit down for another 2 hours, not even to use the restroom! :(sad But I love them!!!

Monarch -- I keep a book in the car and stop for 10 minutes in a quiet parking lot for a little quiet time alone.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watch way too many Discovery on ID shows
Sometimes I feel like I can barely take care of myself even though I feel like compared to other people I have way less going on (how do they DO IT?)
I am more caring and loving and patient and want to spend more time with my cats than with most human beings
I can down a box of cookies or a 1/2 box of chocolate donuts in a minute and a half. Sometimes the only reason I don't is because I'm embarrassed of what DH will think.

(Isn't lounging in comfortable sweats and tops what being HOME is all about? I have ZERO guilt about that one!)

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Since I got my new ering (reset) back last week (after re-sizing and small fix)I have painted my nails twice (I usually do this maybe once a year). I've also done my makeup every day. And part of me had wished I wasn't going to like it as I remembered so I could keep looking. (I love the hunt, too!) But I loved it even more and now I feel like my appearance has to live up to the beauty of the ring. :loopy: Also, I can't wait for winter to go away so I don't have to hide my ring under gloves when outside or driving. Much of my job requires me to play piano so while my student is singing, I am often not looking at my fingers for finding the right piano keys, but am staring at my ring. Definitely bling obsessed right now. This, too, shall pass....?...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparklySoprano|1425515093|3841988 said:
Since I got my new ering (reset) back last week (after re-sizing and small fix)I have painted my nails twice (I usually do this maybe once a year). I've also done my makeup every day. And part of me had wished I wasn't going to like it as I remembered so I could keep looking. (I love the hunt, too!) But I loved it even more and now I feel like my appearance has to live up to the beauty of the ring. :loopy: Also, I can't wait for winter to go away so I don't have to hide my ring under gloves when outside or driving. Much of my job requires me to play piano so while my student is singing, I am often not looking at my fingers for finding the right piano keys, but am staring at my ring. Definitely bling obsessed right now. This, too, shall pass....?...

Too funny Sparkly Soprano, I always feel like I need to wear new outfits when I get a new ring. It's as though every thing is an accessory to the ring.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1425514971|3841986 said:
Sometimes I feel like I can barely take care of myself even though I feel like compared to other people I have way less going on (how do they DO IT?)
I am more caring and loving and patient and want to spend more time with my cats than with most human beings
I can down a box of cookies or a 1/2 box of chocolate donuts in a minute and a half. Sometimes the only reason I don't is because I'm embarrassed of what DH will think.

(Isn't lounging in comfortable sweats and tops what being HOME is all about? I have ZERO guilt about that one!)

Ohhh CJ, come hang out w/me please! I have a lot of those shows set to record on the dvr. JD sometimes gives me the side eye and asks if there's a reason why I watch "husband killing shows" so much. Then you can meet my Clementine Isabelle and Goose Mirabelle, my two torties that I am quite certain the sun rises and sets upon. And then we can eat cookies and chocolate donuts. A lot of them.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1425518505|3842011 said:
CJ2008|1425514971|3841986 said:

Ohhh CJ, come hang out w/me please! I have a lot of those shows set to record on the dvr. JD sometimes gives me the side eye and asks if there's a reason why I watch "husband killing shows" so much. Then you can meet my Clementine Isabelle and Goose Mirabelle, my two torties that I am quite certain the sun rises and sets upon. And then we can eat cookies and chocolate donuts. A lot of them.

OMG that sounds like a PERFECT evening Packrat!

What kind of cookies and what kind of donuts would we have?

My DVR is full - like I need to go in there every day and delete some shows full :D - with Disappeared and Dateline and Vanity Fair Confidential and 48 Hours and probably more I can't recall right now. I think I've seen every Snapped there is so I stopped recording those.

Then you can come here and meet my furry girl and boy and eat vanilla wafers and Entennman's chocolate donuts. :D

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1425511386|3841964 said:
monarch64|1425185386|3840025 said:
VRBeauty|1425089132|3839517 said:
What's yours? :Up_to_something:

I just bought myself a $100 pair of knitting needles. They're 24k gold plated. The moment I saw them all reason flew out the window - I knew I wouldn't be leaving that shop without a pair in my bag. The gold adds absolutely nothing in the way of performance, it's just a little secret bling.

Your turn!

Several years ago, I bought a set of $60 needles that were safe to take on flights. They came in a pink case for breast cancer awareness and back then I was big into buying things and donating money and time to that cause. Confession: I've never used them! Like, not even once. i'm not a huge knitter but I thought they'd be good for flying if I wanted to knit while traveling.

One more: I would rather just be alone for 5 minutes than be greeted by a total circus coming home from work at night. I need a minute before hugs/being jumped on by the dog/being kissed. It makes me want to sit in the car for a minute but that isn't possible because the dog hears me pull up and alerts everyone anyway so they know I'm out there! :blackeye: I might be a horrible person for this. I think I've given up my "me" time forever and that sometimes really depresses me. It's like, work, traffic, home...I need a buffer in between! These days I walk in and don't usually sit down for another 2 hours, not even to use the restroom! :(sad But I love them!!!

Monarch -- I keep a book in the car and stop for 10 minutes in a quiet parking lot for a little quiet time alone.

TooPatient, thank you!!! That is an excellent idea, and I could definitely do that. In fact, I have the perfect parking lot in mind. Thank you, thank you, thank you! #thisiswhyiloveps :bigsmile:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poodles4me|1425501701|3841892 said:
House Cat - I think you and I are kindred spirits. Same with my gym membership - haven't set foot in the door since we renewed in August. I have to ask you, do you squeeze the raisin package to see if raisins are nice and fresh? My husband gets terribly embarrassed by this. When I was a teenager living at home with my mother she'd have to take the raisin container away from me while I was studying. I'd go through 2 pounds in a blink of an eye.
I buy my raisins at Costco. They are organic Sunmaid brand and they come in a 4 pound box that actually has two, two pound zippered bags. They stay very fresh! I used to be crazy for cranberries until I realized they were soaked in sugar. That's when I made the switch to raisins.

How to find motivation to get to the gym? I have even tried promising myself clothes or money, nothing is working!!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am almost done with the brand new season of House of Cards. I was only released a few days ago. I watched 7 episodes within a 24 hour period. :oops:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of hating sounds....Not infrequently, I'm out somewhere and I realize, after a while, that all I've heard for the last 30 minutes is one person's voice. The person is always with a friend or a date, but the friend literally doesn't get a syllable out. The droner is going on and on and on and on, not drawing breath for up to two hours (if in a restaurant, say). This is not an infrequent occurrence. I'm amazed at how many people in the world seem to have no clue that it's the height of rudeness and selfishness to talk and talk and talk without letting someone else get a word in. (There are people in my community who do this, acquaintances, and I'm getting to the stage where I'm going to say to them "Look, you need to stop talking. You're going on and on and on." Haven't dared yet.

With strangers, I wouldn't dare do it either, but on leaving, I'd just LOVE to say to the person, "I've been here for one hour and all I've heard is your voice. Perhaps your friend would like to talk, too."

Or else I'd just give them a flying kick in the butt. :twisted:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1425580469|3842311 said:
Speaking of hating sounds....Not infrequently, I'm out somewhere and I realize, after a while, that all I've heard for the last 30 minutes is one person's voice. The person is always with a friend or a date, but the friend literally doesn't get a syllable out. The droner is going on and on and on and on, not drawing breath for up to two hours (if in a restaurant, say). This is not an infrequent occurrence. I'm amazed at how many people in the world seem to have no clue that it's the height of rudeness and selfishness to talk and talk and talk without letting someone else get a word in. (There are people in my community who do this, acquaintances, and I'm getting to the stage where I'm going to say to them "Look, you need to stop talking. You're going on and on and on." Haven't dared yet.

With strangers, I wouldn't dare do it either, but on leaving, I'd just LOVE to say to the person, "I've been here for one hour and all I've heard is your voice. Perhaps your friend would like to talk, too."

Or else I'd just give them a flying kick in the butt. :twisted:
My mother in law does this. One time, my husband and I decided to time her. We clocked 38 minutes without being able to get a single word in edgewise and we tried!! Now that we are totally aware of what she does, we just let her go on her verbal marathon. We just pull the phone away and giggle. What else can you do?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ-we have an amazing bakery in town-we can swing by there and load up on goodies!

Ahhh the fun that could be had, were we closer!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results